Brunnstrom watch

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

westvandal
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Brunnstrom watch

Post by westvandal »

Nice start. Damn.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=252757& ... cStory_nhl

DALLAS - Fabian Brunnstrom scored three goals in his NHL debut to match the league record, Mike Modano had two goals and the Dallas Stars beat the Nashville Predators 6-4 on Wednesday night for their first victory of the season.

Brunnstrom broke a 4-4 tie with 3:25 left when he struck from close range off a feed from Brad Richards. The Swede became the third player in NHL history to score a hat trick in his first game, joining Alex Smart of the Montreal Canadiens (Jan. 14, 1943) and Real Cloutier of the Quebec Nordiques (Oct. 10, 1979).

Modano's empty-netter—the 530th goal of his career—sealed the win with 3.3 seconds left.

Martin Erat tied it at 4 for Nashville with 9:01 left in the third period on a goal upheld on video review. Marty Turco stopped Erat's rebound attempt, but replays showed the puck was over the goal line when Turco controlled it.

Brunnstrom gave Dallas a 4-3 advantage at 14:13 of the second period after Ryan Jones' first career goal 23 seconds earlier had drawn the Predators even.

Brunnstrom scored from the slot for his first career goal at 11:45 of the second period for a 3-2 lead.

The Stars outbid several NHL teams in May to sign the skilled Swedish left wing, but Brunnstrom was a healthy scratch in Dallas' first two games.
E1-E4 = I made it up.
E5 = Found it on tsn.
Cannie
CC Veteran

Re: Brunnstrom watch

Post by Cannie »

Great start by Brunnstrom, but no anger whatsoever that he chose the Stars over the Canucks. I think tonight was a bit of a fluke; after all, he looked terrible in the pre-season and only managed to get into the lineup for his debut in the Stars fourth game.

20-25 goals for Fabian this year, my guess.
:towel: :towel: :towel: GO CANUCKS GO!!! :towel: :towel: :towel:
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

Brunnstrom 8.75
Wellwood 9.975

This is on Aquaman not MG or Nonis......
We need scoring. Too bad we could not land him. although its early, he looks like he can play the pro game.
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Soapy wrote:Brunnstrom 8.75
Wellwood 9.975
What are those numbers, body fat quotient?
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
stevethiessen
MVP
MVP

Post by stevethiessen »

ClamRussel wrote:
Soapy wrote:Brunnstrom 8.75
Wellwood 9.975
What are those numbers, body fat quotient?
haha. I think he's trying to list salaries. Wellwood is getting $997,500, and Brunnstrom is getting $875,000. Keep in mind though that because of the cap renewal issue, Brunnstrom's bonus' all count towards the cap too, so his actual cap hit is $2,225,000.

I'm not gonna jump all over the Canucks for missing out on him after just one game. You don't see caps fan calling for Ovechkin to be sent down, do you? We don't know what the kids made of until probably half way through the season.
westvandal
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by westvandal »

I personally feel he will disappear after 30 or so games, he's never been consistent for even half a season worth of games to dispell that notion with me.

I posted it, not out of hatred for missing out on him, I just think everyone here is interested to see how he does.
E1-E4 = I made it up.
E5 = Found it on tsn.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

I hope Aquaman watched that game closely... as a few of you said, we needed offense and just as we were about to get a highly touted Finn, the deal went sour with the firing of Nonis.

Aquaman could have waited for the signing and then fired Dave.

GEESH :evil:
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

LotusBlossom wrote:...... as a few of you said, we needed offense and just as we were about to get a highly touted Finn, ....
Btw he's a sweet ahm swede... 8-)
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Cookie La Rue wrote:
LotusBlossom wrote:...... as a few of you said, we needed offense and just as we were about to get a highly touted Finn, ....
Btw he's a sweet ahm swede... 8-)
:oops:

Out of all the hockey players in the world I mistook a SWEDE! :oops:

If you ask some of the old timers, I apparently have a thing for Swedish men

I think I was thinking back to '93 for some reason and thought of Teemu...my bad
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde