CBC Anthem Challenge - who gets your vote?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

CBC Anthem Challenge - who gets your vote?

Post by Cornuck »

http://anthemchallenge.cbc.ca/

Personally, I like the "Canadian Gold" version - a little more modern than that other, but still retains some class and dignity.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Re: CBC Anthem Challenge - who gets your vote?

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Damn, it means Clam's band isn't in the final.....
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
mband
CC Veteran

Post by mband »

I like both of them, but for different reasons:
"Canadian Gold" has a more memorable and singable theme to it.
"Sticks to the Ice" has a better beginning and build-up of intensity, and has the novelty of being written by a 13-year-old kid.

Overall, I think I'd like "Canadian Gold" a bit better long term because it's more catchy.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

So that Clam's Band is out of the race i listened to both and this "Gold" song is clearly better, sounds like the Bundesliga Sportschau from the 80ies but i like the traditional folk stuff in the background.

The other song sounds like the theme songs from "Streets of San Francisco" and "Hart & Hart" combined. :lol:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

Canadian Gold is the only choice. When it was done, I was hoping in vain for a segway into another drubbing of Calgary!

http://anthemchallenge.cbc.ca/colinoberst/289271
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

Canadian Gold WINS!

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2 ... lenge.html

A worthy hockey anthem IMO 8-)
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Re: I can fit in.

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Gossioii9 wrote:This is a great post and makes me think of where I can fit in. I do a little bit of everything mentioned here and I guess I have to find my competitive advantage.
Why don't you just shit in your neck and quit spamming ? thanks. (it's even not spamming just ambarrassing.)