Sundin done?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Sundin done?

Post by Linden Is God »

I'm listening to the Montreal Forum on the Team 990 out of Montreal. The host Tony Marinera says that Pratt has stated on the Team 1040 that a Sundin deal with the Canucks is done and that a decision will come in the next 7 to 10 days. Anyone else hear this?
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
George
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by George »

I heard it too, yeah... Shorthouse said the same thing - that a deal could be done in the next week. Eklund is hinting at it as well.... so lots of buzz going around, at least...
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

George wrote: Eklund is hinting at it as well.... so lots of buzz going around, at least...
The details between what I heard Pratt is reporting and what Eklund is reporting are very similar. What bugs me about this is either Shorty and Pratt are getting their info from HockeyBuzz or HockeyBuzz is getting their info from Shorty and Pratt
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

Mooger35
CC Veteran

Post by Mooger35 »

Shorty is definately not doing that.

Pratt on the other hand...
Peter: Just don't forget our deal, Lois. I sit through this and later tonight I get anal. You hear me? No matter how neat I want the house you have to clean it.
gordorama
MVP
MVP

Post by gordorama »

Incredible, if it is true.

In the last week or so, we're looking much less like a team bound for the Golf course in April, and more like a team to watch out for!

Maybe MGGM does know what he's doing after all.
Icebreaka
CC Veteran

Post by Icebreaka »

Maybe Sundin is really a huge Demitra fan and he was just waiting for that to happen? heheh. Or maybe Ohlund picked up the phone and told him about the fun they could have together at the Roxy?

7-10 days is still a long wait for the deal to be done if it is in principle at this point.
newostar
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by newostar »

Who knows what Sundin is thinking...

It's so convenient that he can hide in Sweden while all of this goes down.

The longer he waits the more he is going to piss someone off (Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver).

I just don't understand why a guy who has had so long to "think about it" needs another 7-10 days...that is the weirdest schedule ever to make a decision.

This sounds a lot like the Forsberg rumours...remember, when everyone thought he was going to Philly - even TSN, Sportsnet, the whole gambit of media, then he ends up signing back in Colorado.

Gillis should have seriously put in a bonus for signing in the next 24hrs...
George
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by George »

Linden Is God wrote:The details between what I heard Pratt is reporting and what Eklund is reporting are very similar. What bugs me about this is either Shorty and Pratt are getting their info from HockeyBuzz or HockeyBuzz is getting their info from Shorty and Pratt
Pratt and Shorthouse reported it first, then Eklund..

Shorthouse, who I'd trust the most out of the 3, said he'd been told by two people he "highly respects" that a deal could get done in the next week or so. (Hopefully those two people aren't Pratt and Eklund....)

As for Sundin's schedule, I wonder if it has anything to do with Toronto being out of the running. Before a lot of the talk was he'd either retire or play for the leaves, and needed some time to think about it... Now it seems more and more like the leaves don't necessarily want him back, and it's down to Montreal or Van, which takes any loyalty he may have had to the leaves out of the equation....

I just hope Gillis doesn't pull another McPhee and demand an answer from him at 3am....
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

George wrote: Pratt and Shorthouse reported it first, then Eklund..
Thanks for the info. I don't listen to the Team 1040, so I didn't know who reported it first.

George wrote:
I just hope Gillis doesn't pull another McPhee and demand an answer from him at 3am....
And I hope he isn't handed the C right away as well.

I'm really flopping back and forth as to whether or not this is the right move. I really hope it's only a 1 year deal. And if he dos sign, it mean Gillis will have to make some additional moves by training camp to make some more cap space **cough cough Cowan cough**
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

I'm now reading that Sundin has narrowed his choices to Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver - it's still up in the air and he'll decide in the next 7-10 days.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

At least there seems to be a deadline in place so we will know one way or the other. The way the media is reporting this is pretty sketchy so I'll leave the cork in the champagne bottle for now.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

lol .... I guess he just couldn't sleep until he got the answer eh ... too funny !!! (in hindsite of course) ... lol

Grizz
stevethiessen
MVP
MVP

Post by stevethiessen »

http://canucks.nhl.com/team/app/?servic ... 4&iid=6404

That's the link to the audio clip off CDC of the conference call with Demitra. Fast forward to the 8 minute mark for a fantasticly awkward and funny demonstration of "foot in mouth disease".

Demitra is asked whether or not he is concerned about the loss of Naslund and Morrison, and he replies by saying "not really, cause Mike's gonna bring in Sundin". When the reporter asks if he has info, or why he's so confident, Demitra becomes shockingly less literate :)

So does he know something? And even if he doesn't, it's infinitely more fun to suspect that he does than to admit that it could have just been a goof.
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

Haha, that's too funny, and only adds fuel to the flames... I'm really trying not to get my hopes up, but I think it's a bit late for that...
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

well Im pretty convinced hes coming here. I guess we will see what we see this season. Gillis is full of surprises but not.

and to those in the internet world (Im not saying on this board)

this is NOT the best canuck team we have had on paper. not by a long shot. what makes this maybe in some peoples eyes the best team ever is Luongo and some false hope.

but is it false with Luongo?