Anyone see this Sundin note?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

gordorama
MVP
MVP

Anyone see this Sundin note?

Post by gordorama »

Article link
Fan 590's Howard Berger, who raised eyebrows with a report that Sundin was in Vancouver yesterday, writes that he "can't fathom any strategic incentive for Sundin to return, or for Fletcher to spend $7 million on him." In fact, he's willing to consider GM Cliff Fletcher's contract offer for Sundin as, potentially, a publicity stunt.

So if it's not Toronto and if Mattias Ohlund doesn't pick up the phone to sell Mats on the Vancouver Canucks, where is the 37-year-old center headed?
Is he in town? WTF is going on with this guy? Just wish it were over, one way or the other.
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

I think we can all discount the notion that Sundin was ever in town. No one else has reported that.
Tukaram
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Tukaram »

I saw a tall bald guy...OHMYGAWD IT MUST BE SUNDIN!! :)
sic puppy
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sic puppy »

HF Boards are posting that Sundin has been signed.(done deal)

Not sure why the hold up on the announcement.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

sic puppy wrote:HF Boards are posting that Sundin has been signed.(done deal)

Not sure why the hold up on the announcement.
it is the HF boards :)

now if it was on CDC I would be buying my sundin jersey

disclaimer - I would not believe the CDC. I would not believe the HF boards. I would never buy a mats sundin jersey.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Well, its HankyFourFingers saying it, and he's considered one of the more respected posters. He's saying he wouldn't post it if he wasn't 100% sure. I'll believe it when I see it, but that does look fairly promising.

Not sure how to feel though.
sic puppy
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sic puppy »

I would tend to agree, matty that anything on these sites rumour- wize isn't something to take to the bank.

Something about this one tho'........ :?
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

maybe I just dont want to be dissapointed anymore level and sic.

seen so many things come to rumour and get blown out of our hope.

I want to believe I want to have him here I want to think that he is one of those players to make us that closer to the cup. I believe he is as long as we have Lou and our D stays healthy. I believe he is that type of player.

we still need some help but I think Sundin is a great player that can do greater things. $20M is stupid for anyone. but ballz to the wallz gillis seems to think its the way to compete.

frak. I have 20 hour flight to get on Ill finish up later.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Eklund reported yesterday that Sundin was in Vancouver. So it's obviously false.

I also read somewhere (I can't confirm myself as I rarely listen to it) that the Team 1040 confirmed Sundin was STILL in Sweden.

I say he's going to Montreal. I hope he goes there. I don't see the Canucks making much noise (if they make it) in the playoffs as of this moment. At this point (and I may admittedly flop later on) I would rather see the Canucks gain a top 10 draft pick in 2009.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Linden Is God wrote: At this point (and I may admittedly flop later on) I would rather see the Canucks gain a top 10 draft pick in 2009.
If Luongo wasn't here I'd be with you, sadly we only have two more years with him under contract. Gillis is clearly thinking we have to go for it now, and hope it works out for us. Until Louie signs a long term extension I'd prefer to not waste any of the years we have with him on getting a high draft pick. Sure 2009 is a good draft year, but 2008 was just as good. Hodgson will be a really good player, another high pick would be great, but a cup would be better.

Compare

Sedin-Sedin-Bernier
Demitra-Sundin-Demitra

to any other top 6 in the NW. Heck, that's almost up there with the top teams in the league. Couple that with a great checking line, a solid defence and the best goalie on earth and we're an instant contender. I've been a big advocate of building a team with long term sustainability, but I look 2 years down the road and I don't see a whole lot of positives. Sure a lot can change in 24 months, but when you have a chance to make a push for the cup you go for it. With Luongo around a full re-build is impossible, why not delay it for a couple seasons and really push for a cup. I mean, the moment we win the cup I will be satisified. The Canucks could go into a 20 year losing streak and I wouldn't care. I just want that ONE cup at this point.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Level, you mean
Sedin-Sedin-Bernier
Demitra-Sundin-Raymond ????

Unless of course there is another Demitra;

Personally, I am quite dubious about paying so much for Sundin - I have always felt he is a great player but somewhat overrated playing for the big TO all these years. Not to say he wouldn't help but even given the lines above I can't say I am all that confident.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
stevethiessen
MVP
MVP

Post by stevethiessen »

anyone have a link to that thread on HF about him being signed? I'd be curious to read it... cause you know, my hopes arent up at all.
George
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by George »

Somewhere on this page....

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=530612&page=37

On a side note, I just noticed the post counts at HF are crazy... some people have made 20,000+ posts there :eh:
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

If Sundin comes here at 10 mill I'm done with this team. I don't just follow a crest! I get emotionallly attached to the players that play there heart out for me. To see those cast of as crap and disrespected by so many is more than someone who were's there heart and not just a crest on there sleeve can take
Don Cherry for P.M.
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

WHY do I almost believe this? Internet rumors almost never pan out and I know that but for some reason this one just feels right? Maybe it's because there has been no real excitement this offseason for Canuck fans. Maybe it's because there is a good chance that there could be little excitement this comming season. Mabye it's because I'm a glutton for dissapointment. :oops:

I'll refrain from posting next years projected line up. ;)
R.I.P. Luc.