Forecaster Magazine Wants Canucks Fans

If it's in here, it's probably a good idea to read it.

Moderators: Brian CC, Referees

Brian CC
Site Admin

Forecaster Magazine Wants Canucks Fans

Post by Brian CC »

Ok guys, I need your help and I need it quick.

I have been approached by a group looking to compile information for Forecaster Magazine's Hockey Pool edition from the Canadian team fansites. They have asked Canucks Corner to participate.

Here is what I need from you. I need at least 10 of you to fill in the following information:

1. Fill in scoring for those you see with the team next year. (See link for a spreadsheet)
2. Canucks Projected Record, Division Standing, Conference Standing.
3. Top Ten League Scorers?
4. League Major Award Winners: Hart, Calder, Vezina, Lester Pearson, Rocket Richard, Norris
5. Movers and Shakers: Breakthrough player, Rising Star, Sleeper, On the Decline
Top Rookies

They would also like a few comments by our readers about the Canucks outlook for 2008-09.

I'll take the best 10 and submit them to the magazine. Save the spreadsheet to your computer and e-mail it to me along with the rest of the information above.

Thanks for your help. If we can pull this off we can really get this site on the map. The catch is I need your submissions by June 30th. They have extended the deadline just for us...please help me make this work.

Brian
Last edited by Brian CC on Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

I'm happy to help, but wouldn't it make more sense for this to be done after the draft/free agency. I mean players like Isbister are unlikely to be back with the team next year...

Edit: ah misread that first instruction. :oops:
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

Yeah I agree, but the magazine has a deadline, thanks for your help!
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Brian CC wrote:Yeah I agree, but the magazine has a deadline, thanks for your help!
I understand that, I was referring more to the fact that players like Isbister and Ritchie were included in the spreadsheet, unfortunately I suck at reading instructions and totally missed the "for those you see with the team next year" part.

Edit: You have Salo twice on the spreadsheet

Edit2: All done, although I'd like to wait until after the draft to finalize it. Do you mind if I email it to you over the weekend?
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Hey Brian!

Congrats! I'll do my best to come up with a good response that's magazine worthy though I'm sure with the quality of fans on this site it will be more an issue of deciding which 10 are the most insightful! If everyone takes the time to fill these out, I'm sure it will be great. I'll fill one out this weekend after the draft!
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

After this weekend is fine...anyone else can help us out? I know it's the off-season guys but this could be a really good thing for the site. If you can help out, please do!
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

I'll give it a try oer the next day or so, I've got the days off so should be able to at least guestimate most of these :D Anything to help the site Brian!! I've been thinking recently about how great of a community this site has become!
George
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by George »

Hey Brian, I'll try to put one together today....
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

done and sent. where is my cookie
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

Hey guys to those that have done so thanks for your opinions and time. But, for this to floy I still need about 6 more people to do this.

Also, now they want comments from posters here to put in the magazine. Just some comments on how you feel the teeam will do this year and why you predicted what you did in short.

Hopefully we can make this fly! Thanks for your help.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Hey Brian,

So if we already submitted answers to you do you need us to elaborate more on our short responses? I thought I summed each of my answers but if you need me to expand upon my responses I could.

Also to the other posters, I really hope you guys take the time to fill this out for Brian. Honestly it didn't take that long and it could be really benefical to the site. Based on the posts I read here, I know there are many posters here who could provide some insightful comments.

Do it.... dooooooooooooo it!
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

rockalt wrote:Hey Brian,

So if we already submitted answers to you do you need us to elaborate more on our short responses? I thought I summed each of my answers but if you need me to expand upon my responses I could.

Also to the other posters, I really hope you guys take the time to fill this out for Brian. Honestly it didn't take that long and it could be really benefical to the site. Based on the posts I read here, I know there are many posters here who could provide some insightful comments.

Do it.... dooooooooooooo it!
Jayme, nope I have everythign I need from you...thanks so much. Hopefully we get a few more before the deadline or they will nix the whole thing and the site will look bad..
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

I did the survey but it came out in weird looking crap Brian, did I do something wrong? I don't have spread sheet on my personal computer so I logged onto my work and did it?

Hope its ok or I will have to try again.
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

Quote "It all falls on Luongo. Where he goes we go, lets hope for an MVP season"
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

Done Brian and I made sure it was good.
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!