Jerseys Revealed

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

orts
CC Veteran

Post by orts »

SRsez wrote: "Nazi" was a colloquialism.
A "colloquialism"? You're a fool.
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

orts wrote:
SRsez wrote: "Nazi" was a colloquialism.
A "colloquialism"? You're a fool.
Good. Here's another, just for you: G.F.Y.

If I offended anyone, too damn bad. Take your pc bullsh*t & shove it up your ass.

And just who's the fool? Anybody living Toronto, or a guy smart enough to live in Vancouver?
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
orts
CC Veteran

Post by orts »

SRsez wrote:
If I offended anyone, too damn bad. Take your pc bullsh*t & shove it up your ass.
You didn't offend me. I just think you're an idiot, for the following reasons:

1) As Cookie says (and he should know, living where he does), you need a history lesson.

2) You misused "colloquialism." In fact, judging from the way you tried to use it, I don't even think you know what the word means.

3) You think you can get away with saying stupid shit (and the "nazi" thing was stupid shit -- not funny, not thought-provoking, not provocative, not even offensive, just a pointless non sequitur) by claiming that anyone who disagrees with you is being "politically correct." That red herring is old.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

SRsez wrote:..or a guy smart enough to live in Vancouver?
:lol: The next complete opposition. It must be a colloquialism. :lol:

But btw orts i'm really not offended, i'm just laughing my ass off. :lol:

Hey at least black, red, yellow is not nazi. 8-)

Maybe history lesson is colloquialism... ;) and idiot or fool too....
Last edited by Cookie La Rue on Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Fred wrote:This is becoming like a fashion magazine, the only part of dress equipment that we should be concerned about is how they tape their sticks
And if Louie is wearing his jock and bucket.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

orts wrote:You misused "colloquialism." In fact, judging from the way you tried to use it, I don't even think you know what the word means.
I did, did I? http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/colloquial

Please, Mr. English teacher, show me how I "misused"it.
orts wrote:As Cookie says (and he should know, living where he does), you need a history lesson.
So let me get this straight, you can be an historical genius simply because of the place you live? :roll:

All hail Cookie: History Master of the World! Ummm, what happens when he moves?
orts wrote:You didn't offend me.
Well I'm sorry. I'll just have to try harder next time.
orts wrote:I just think you're an idiot
That's the difference, I know you're an idiot, and now so does everyone else, simply based upon your scintillating response.

Like I said: G.F.Y.
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

SRsez wrote:simply based upon your scintillating response.
I suppose you think I misused "scintillating" too? :rofl:
sk8er
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

SRsez wrote:
orts wrote:You misused "colloquialism." In fact, judging from the way you tried to use it, I don't even think you know what the word means.
I did, did I? http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/colloquial

Please, Mr. English teacher, show me how I "misused"it.
orts wrote:As Cookie says (and he should know, living where he does), you need a history lesson.
So let me get this straight, you can be an historical genius simply because of the place you live? :roll:

All hail Cookie: History Master of the World! Ummm, what happens when he moves?
orts wrote:You didn't offend me.
Well I'm sorry. I'll just have to try harder next time.
orts wrote:I just think you're an idiot
That's the difference, I know you're an idiot, and now so does everyone else, simply based upon your scintillating response.

Like I said: G.F.Y.

Nice...............real nice.............. :? .NOT!
orts
CC Veteran

Post by orts »

None of those definitions seems to cast any light on your original intention. What is this "ordinary or familiar usage" of "Nazi"?

Come to think of it, did you even read these definitions? or did you just throw up the first "dictionary" link you could find, in hopes that no one would bother to click on it? :)
clangan
AHL Prospect

wow

Post by clangan »

Somehow we went from a mediocre JERSEY to NAZIs (who murdered millions) to GFY.

Impressive.
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

orts wrote:None of those definitions seems to cast any light on your original intention. What is this "ordinary or familiar usage" of "Nazi"?
Okay, since you're obviously obtuse. Was it so "unfamiliar" that anyone didn't know what national team I was talking about?

Let's recap:
1) you don't understand the word "colloquialism".
2) you believe that people are more knowledgeable of history because of where they live (I still can't stop laughing at that!) :rofl:
3)you claim the use of the word "nazi" was not provocative, and
4)you were not offended
Yet:
5)you have nothing better to do than complain about it's usage in my post
6) you claim you're not some pc loser.

Now you tell me you can't see the incongruity to the above 6 statements? Hint: that means they don't make any sense.

Maybe it's the big words you can't understand. That must be the reason you felt the need to call me a name, like you're in grade 4.

Now what is your problem exactly?
orts
CC Veteran

Post by orts »

SRsez wrote: Was it so "unfamiliar" that anyone didn't know what national team I was talking about?
That's not the sense of "familiar" that's in that definition. "Familiar" in that sense means "everyday," not "readily recognizable." :)

The sense you are now trying to claim for the term is not the sense in which you were originally trying to use it. In fact, the sense you were trying to claim for the term in your first response to Cookie's post seems to be entirely separate from both the other ways you use it in this thread.

However, now I think I do understand where you are now misusing the term. You think it means "readily recognizable", whereas what a "colloquialism" really is (and all those dictionary definitions back this up) is an informal idiom, or slang (Oxford English Dictionary gives "all the rage" as an example). In fact, a "colloquialism" entails in many ways an unfamiliar use of a familiar phrase. That's not in the least what you seem to be trying to get across.

As for name-calling, I used and meant "fool" in a very particular (and rather un-politically-correct, you'll agree) sense, not at all playground or generic. I intended it to mean exactly what it said -- unlike, say, the very colloquial and inexact "Go Fuck Yourself," which is just flailing around for something loud.
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

orts wrote:
SRsez wrote: Was it so "unfamiliar" that anyone didn't know what national team I was talking about?
That's not the sense of "familiar" that's in that definition. "Familiar" in that sense means "everyday," not "readily recognizable." :)

The sense you are now trying to claim for the term is not the sense in which you were originally trying to use it. In fact, the sense you were trying to claim for the term in your first response to Cookie's post seems to be entirely separate from both the other ways you use it in this thread.

However, now I think I do understand where you are now misusing the term. You think it means "readily recognizable", whereas what a "colloquialism" really is (and all those dictionary definitions back this up) is an informal idiom, or slang (Oxford English Dictionary gives "all the rage" as an example). In fact, a "colloquialism" entails in many ways an unfamiliar use of a familiar phrase. That's not in the least what you seem to be trying to get across.

As for name-calling, I used and meant "fool" in a very particular (and rather un-politically-correct, you'll agree) sense, not at all playground or generic. I intended it to mean exactly what it said -- unlike, say, the very colloquial and inexact "Go Fuck Yourself," which is just flailing around for something loud.
So now you want to argue semantics? :roll:

Nazi National Team does not connote an "unfamiliar use of a familiar phrase"? If you say so. I apologize for using an informal idiom & calling it a colloquialism then. That's what your entire diatribe & haranguing of this is about then?

Talk about grasping at straws.:roll:

How about you just admit you're an idiot, ok? Because you conveniently skip over the fact that you gave Cookie credit for being an historian of note simply based on where he lives.

But you weren't offended by my use of the word Nazi, were you?

Grab a brain, meathead.
havril
CC Rookie

Post by havril »

Orts and SRsez -- all due respect, but... get a room already!

You know, like maybe start a permanent "flame" thread so pissing matches like the above will have somewhere to while the rest of us post/read about oh, I don't know, the Canucks?

Just a thought.
roobytoozday
AHL Prospect

Post by roobytoozday »

New jerseys suck
CDC can kiss my A$$