New sweaters to be unveiled August 29th

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

New sweaters to be unveiled August 29th

Post by mattola »

http://canucks.nhl.com/team/app/?servic ... eid=336097

VANCOUVER, B.C. – The Vancouver Canucks announced today that they will unveil their new home and away sweaters to their fans and media on Wednesday, August 29th at General Motors Place.

Canucks fans are encouraged to join their favourite team for a tailgate party prior to the sweater launch at 12:30 pm. The tailgate party which begins at 11:30 am on the South Plaza will include free hot dogs provided by Grimm’s and Save-On-Foods, Coca-Cola beverages and Canucks prizing courtesy of McDonald’s and The Beat 94.5 FM Street Squad.

Canucks mascot FIN will be taking part in all of the activities and will be available for photos following the Sweater Launch on the South Plaza.

Tickets for the launch event are free and are only available online through Ticketmaster.ca, beginning at 10:00 am, today. Also, courtesy of Impark, parking in the General Motors Place underground parking lot is complimentary for the event. For further details on the Canucks Sweater Launch please visit Canucks.com. Media attending the event should enter General Motors Place through Gate 9.

WHEN: Wednesday, August 29th

Tailgate Party – South Plaza, General Motors Place – 11:30 am

Canucks Sweater Launch – General Motors Place – 12:30 pm

WHERE: Tailgate Party – South Plaza, General Motors Place

Canucks Sweater Launch – General Motors Place

(fans should enter through Gate 7 and media should enter through Gate 9)

WHO: Chris Zimmerman, President and CEO, Vancouver Canucks

Dave Nonis, Sr. Vice-President and General Manager, Vancouver Canucks

Canucks Players

John Shorthouse, TEAM 1040
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

I like this idea, too bad I'm too far away to make it.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

The fact that one of the 'insiders' on HFBoards (a guy who works at Authentix) told some confused posters that this announcement would be coming today does lend his view (striclty vintage with orca logo and 'Vancouver' wordmark) that much more weight, I think.

Curiously, though, the pictures that the team is releasing look a bit more like some guy on Canucks.com insisted (as passed through HFBoards), wherein he said there wouldn't be green on the jerseys, but rather just blue and grey.

Check out Roberto Luongo, for instance, who looks like a Leaf in this pic:

Mind you, the guy was also claiming grey helmets, which doesn't seem to be what they're suggesting if this pic is any indication:

levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Jyrki21 wrote:Check out Roberto Luongo, for instance, who looks like a Leaf in this pic:
Not even in jest Jyrki.... Not even in jest.

I get the feeling this is all hype and the new jerseys will be close or identical to the ones leaked on the internet. I'd still prefer it if they went to the Vintage logo full time. Not much can top that in my opinion.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

The slogan they're using makes me think the jersey will be very close to vintage style.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

As mentioned, three different people with "sources" have stated that they are the vintage jerseys, with the white/blue orca logo (and a slightly updated stick-'n'-rink on the shoulders).

I really like the vintage as a vintage, but I can't say I wouldn't be disappointed if they didn't update the shades of blue and green at all to make it look more modern (i.e. Seahawky tones). Especially if there are single-toned numbers (only blue or only white) the Canucks will be a crazy anachronism in a league where no other team, including the oldest franchises, does that.

Another weird thing is there doesn't appear to be any green whatsoever in the logo according to the guy with the best information (much like the collar), which means the green striping basically comes from nowhere -- also completely unique in the NHL (and a little awkward looking).
Naslund Is King
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Naslund Is King »

Hasn't it pretty much been confirmed for months is that is what the jersey would be?

I mean Nonis said months ago that the Orca would still be there.

and with the number of times they've used the vintage jersey so much this year..

Anyways, yeah nothing shocking.... the leaked images have been out for a couple weeks now.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Where are these leaked images jo11 I mean Naslund is King? (I don't go on to any other boards)
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

There haven't been actual leaked images which fit the description of those claiming to have seen it, though there have been mockups which they claim portray it accurately.

Those purporting to have this insider info have dismissed all other leaks (there were at least two) as faked.
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

For the record, the fan designs which have been labelled more or less accurate are these:

Except that there will be no green in the collar, and the stick-and-rink patch will be, supposedly, in a silver outline and slightly updated in shape. I also don't know if the ice in the 'C' on the white jersey will be lighter than the other blue portions or what.

This image is also said to be an authentic leak, even though it differs from the vintage striping (and is clearly just a recolored version of last year's jerseys, including two separate shades of blue):

For what it's worth, this image was leaked from Xbox magazine... and while it merely looks like the vintages at first, the leg-striping is different from the single bar of green on the vintage socks:

Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

Thanks for the update Jyrki! Looks like we're to be the Seahawks on ice then? ;)
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

Badfish wrote:Thanks for the update Jyrki! Looks like we're to be the Seahawks on ice then? ;)
The AFC Seahawks, maybe... I've been whining for a while for an adoption of something like the Seahawks' current colors, which look quite a bit different:

Then:

Now:

Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

i don't know how long would it take me to get use to the VANCOUVER being on top of our logos ..

if that's the way it's going...
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

The guy with the best "source" has confirmed single-toned numbers... blecchhhh... pretty much every team except Detroit has triple-toned numbers (e.g. the old Canucks used to have a black center, then gold, then orange). Even the leaves and Habs these days. Most teams have double or even triple-toned nameplates, too, though the Canucks never have.

The Canucks will look like the one way out-of-date team in the league. :evil:
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

i like it though, how we're going to be "cleaner" jersey then what we used to have, like 4 colors...

we may finally have a jersey to stick for time.
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.