Sedins sick as dogs

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Sedins sick as dogs

Post by Meerschaum »

It should come as no big surprise to anybody (especially after they passed on interviews at the end of Game Seven against Dallas because they were both throwing up), that the Twins have both been suffering from a stomach virus since the middle of the Dallas series. They required IV and other medical treatments to keep playing.

>>Article Here<<

Injuries and bugs - much as you hate to admit it, they're often the deciding factor in the playoffs.
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Well, that explains a lot...
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
orts
CC Veteran

Re: Sedins sick as dogs

Post by orts »

Meerschaum wrote: Injuries and bugs - much as you hate to admit it, they're often the deciding factor in the playoffs.
I was really optimistic at the beginning of the Dallas series for precisely that reason: miraculously, everybody seemed healthy, and we were only missing Kesler at that point...

But immediately several guys went down with injuries, and then everybody else seemed sick, too :(
Kel
MVP
MVP

Post by Kel »

And Salo and Bieksa's claim about "flu" were actually hinting that the Sedins had stomach flu.
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

and to think we did that damned well while missing so many. just imagine what could have been with a healthy roster!
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

feritflame wrote:and to think we did that damned well while missing so many. just imagine what could have been with a healthy roster!
My thoughts exactly. with Healthy Sedins, Bieksa, Salo, Cooke and Kesler, who knows what could have happened.
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

We sure needed Cooke and Keseler in this one. To atleast give alittle of what we were getting.
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Badfish wrote:
feritflame wrote:and to think we did that damned well while missing so many. just imagine what could have been with a healthy roster!
My thoughts exactly. with Healthy Sedins, Bieksa, Salo, Cooke and Kesler, who knows what could have happened.

and that's why we'll be watching next year! :lol:
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
sk8er
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

An exciting team, a great future.
Playoffs and then the second round was all bonus time for me.
I can't wait for next season.
I think Nonis will address the weaknesses we do have over the summer. It will be interesting who they keep from the current roster and who gets a one way ticket to the airport.
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

i think what we missed the most was cooke and kessler. i think our PP would have gotten going, our game would have improved and our scoring fixed itself if we had energy guys. and thats what we didnt have. we didnt have a kunitz, or a mccarty which is what we sorely needed. injuries and bugs etc didnt help, but when you have guys like cooke who just go nuts all the time it really elevates you.
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch
lifer
CC Veteran

Post by lifer »

Instead of battling through the flu it would have been wiser to take a couple of games off at the start of the Anaheim series and recover. Having two sick players (or more) on the team does not make for a better team.
Why weren't they replaced?
I know they are top line players and I like them more them ever but what might have been if 2 call ups with more speed and strength were given the chance to play for the big club in the playoffs?
The same goes for any job...Stop showing up sick and making every one else sick!
P_rAmE
AHL Prospect

Post by P_rAmE »

Its because if we had won those 2 games with them injured it would have been quite a steal...but really who knows?
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

lifer wrote:Instead of battling through the flu it would have been wiser to take a couple of games off at the start of the Anaheim series and recover. Having two sick players (or more) on the team does not make for a better team.
Why weren't they replaced?
I know they are top line players and I like them more them ever but what might have been if 2 call ups with more speed and strength were given the chance to play for the big club in the playoffs?
The same goes for any job...Stop showing up sick and making every one else sick!
I don't know about you but when I've got the flu it needs to run it's course. Take a day off work to recover or suck it up and get the job done. Either way it stays in my system just as long and by the time you are "sick as a dog" the room has already been exposed, no point staying away unless you can't perform as well as your replacement. In the case of the Sedins that isn't the case. Them with the flu would be better than a couple of Moose called up IMO.
R.I.P. Luc.
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

Yep, I love the fans who say "Play through it!"

I can't even open a can of soup when I have the flu... I can't imagine suiting up for an NHL-level hockey game, even if I made millions.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

I've always wondered about this. "A touch of the flu"?? Huh, I too am in bed for a few days and sicker than a dog.