Canucks News n Notes 22-23

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 22-23

Post by Strangelove »

rikster wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:59 pm The media is up in arms over how this was handled, but they are the ones who chose to spend most of their shows speculating on when and who for days and weeks and months all in the name of ratings and clicks...
Good point.

rikster wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:59 pm The coach needed to go, that there is no doubt about...
Truth.

rikster wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:59 pm In the end it came down to BB refusing to quit and forcing the team to fire him and pay him the balance of his contract ...while BB won the tug of war was he really thinking of his players over his own self interests?...
Another good point.

Post more often Rikster, you're one of the best sters ever...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:26 pm Am I the only one who's happy to see Gonchar and Foote behind our bench? finally some legit assholes to teach our young players to be mean
Tocchet is an asshole as well.

Yes, I've been thinking about these things.

Asshole Rutherford looking to asshole up? :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

rikster wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:59 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:05 pm Don’t you love how Rutherford threw owners under the bus? When defending his handling of the Bruce situation he said he don’t think he acted any differently than other GMs or people in power. He used the hiring of Bruce and firing of Green by Aqualung as an examples. He said ownership was already talking to Bruce and hired him before they fired Travis. I lol at that one.
The hiring process wasn't out of the ordinary, whether it be in the real world or in the sports world...

While I didn't agree with Rutherford publicly criticizing the coach over his inability or refusal to fix the glaring weaknesses in the teams play, we all saw it and we all complained about it...

The players, for all of their support following his firing didn't look like a team playing to save a coaches job, so I don't put much stock into much of what they say now...

The media is up in arms over how this was handled, but they are the ones who chose to spend most of their shows speculating on when and who for days and weeks and months all in the name of ratings and clicks...

If the coach was a Torts or someone not as well liked, would the outcry be as loud as it is?

The coach needed to go, that there is no doubt about...

In the end it came down to BB refusing to quit and forcing the team to fire him and pay him the balance of his contract ...while BB won the tug of war was he really thinking of his players over his own self interests?...

Moving forward, this may turn out to be one of the best management/coaching groups the organizations has had since the days of Quinn and Burke.
While I do think this was handled very badly, I agree that much of this is the result of rabid click-bait reporters and sports media personalities who can’t control their behaviour and lack a certain decorum. They chased the stories and leaks, report unfounded rumours, and then tar and feather management for the situation they created.

Management/ownership should have fired Boudreau in November, no coach just quits and leaves that kind of cash on the table. If there was any actual intent to sour him into walking away then that’s bad form.

A very moderate response there rikster.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:19 pm
CrzyCanuck wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:26 pm Am I the only one who's happy to see Gonchar and Foote behind our bench? finally some legit assholes to teach our young players to be mean

So what we’re going with is that if you have assholes behind the bench it will turn the players into assholes on the ice.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:11 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:19 pm

So what we’re going with is that if you have assholes behind the bench it will turn the players into assholes on the ice.
Nope, I said "looking to asshole up."

Meaning I'm thinking (hoping) a couple of asshole players may be brought in.

(I suggested the other day that RT will make some suggestions)

But now that you mention it, Tocchet might help a couple of our players get in touch with their inner asshole I guess.

Release the hounds!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Mëds wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:11 pm Asshole Rutherford looking to asshole up? :D
[/quote]

Petey's a Killer! :D (we might need some new personnel for this approach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQwVjbBDMqw

Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:18 pm But now that you mention it, Tocchet might help a couple of our players get in touch with their inner asshole I guess.
What happens in the dressing room stays in the dressing room ;)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

5thhorseman wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:24 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:18 pm But now that you mention it, Tocchet might help a couple of our players get in touch with their inner asshole I guess.
What happens in the dressing room stays in the dressing room ;)
Rick might feel Miller is awesome deep down.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I wonder if the Aqualini’s will make Tocchetti put the t and i back at the end of his last name? They are probably referring to Rick as a Mangiacake
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

After watching Tocchet’s presser, anyone else wonder if ole Rick and Beers MacKenzie are related?
Beerlover
AHL Prospect

Post by Beerlover »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:44 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:25 pm
Beerlover wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:16 pm This reads like the intro to an episode of Botched, where they roll in the latest leather faced troll and their lumpy dome. Canucks bare the marks of Just For Men Jim Benning clumsy sawing and carving leaving a clapped out, run through roster with a giant hole in it. I guess it was too much to ask for someone to be able to do anything more than just draft. Thanks to the new management for signing forwards to a team that desperately needed RHD.
Bravo.
Blobs crusty under-the-bed sock! Ha
How did this lawn furniture and dipping sauces trope get started anyway?
Not a sock, just rarely post.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

On the way to the dentist this morning I happened to listen to the radio and the sports talking heads were discussing the rest of the schedule for the Canucks. It seems that they play teams like Ducks, Coyotes and Hawks a lot so it can skew the results. Will this be another opportunity for management to say "see we were so close with RT as the coach this team is much better and we don't have to make any significant changes to the line up"

I just don't trust anyone associated with the puking whale.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

2Fingers wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:58 am On the way to the dentist this morning I happened to listen to the radio and the sports talking heads were discussing the rest of the schedule for the Canucks. It seems that they play teams like Ducks, Coyotes and Hawks a lot so it can skew the results. Will this be another opportunity for management to say "see we were so close with RT as the coach this team is much better and we don't have to make any significant changes to the line up"

This was mentioned by Bruce last week when asked about the timing of his firing.

Lets be realistic, move some middle line up players out with their pricey contracts and add 2 defenders that will lighten the burden on OEL and Meyers while their contracts expire and there is still money for Bo, Ko and Pettersson. If Meyers/OEL can be moved all the better.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

2Fingers wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:58 am On the way to the dentist this morning I happened to listen to the radio and the sports talking heads were discussing the rest of the schedule for the Canucks. It seems that they play teams like Ducks, Coyotes and Hawks a lot so it can skew the results. Will this be another opportunity for management to say "see we were so close with RT as the coach this team is much better and we don't have to make any significant changes to the line up"

Yup, never trust Canucks management.

In fact, don't trust anyone Fingers!

(especially dentists) :look:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:25 am Yup, never trust Canucks management.
It will be interesting to see how they define "major surgery".

The season's a write-off - just give us some entertainment and a top 10 pick. #nextyear
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."