2023 Draft Class

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: 2023 Draft Class

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lancer wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:40 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:32 am They can’t afford to wait for him until 2026.
If they hire Tocchet, they may as well because the team will go nowhere while he’s the coach.

Drive it into the ditch and get the top pick you can this year. Tank it up next year for Mack Celebrini. Let Myers and OEL anchor the D, trade Demko and Bo and it’s a bottom 3 team with Tocchet coaching. Maybe he forces OEL onto LTIR.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:50 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:32 am They can’t afford to wait for him until 2026.
If they hire Tocchet, they may as well because the team will go nowhere while he’s the coach.

Drive it into the ditch and get the top pick you can this year. Tank it up next year for Mack Celebrini. Let Myers and OEL anchor the D, trade Demko and Bo and it’s a bottom 3 team with Tocchet coaching. Maybe he forces OEL onto LTIR.
I'm on board with this. It's the only way to clean up this deep of pig trough.
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Like your Boi’s Byfield and Lafrenierre, drafted circa 2020 3 years ago, you say I’m being too impatient with them oh patient one? Or Turcotte drafted 4 years ago 2019? You say I’m being too impatient with him? Quickly, your turn - bring up Juolevi and Virtanen

I find it funny you think Carlsson and Fantilli will be major impact players immediately.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:15 pm

I find it funny you think Carlsson and Fantilli will be major impact players immediately.
Please point out where I said that.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:29 pm

2026 will be about when Fantilli and Carlsson will be impactful players if they are impact players, so what’s the issue with waiting for Michkov?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:50 am

Yeah, either they bring him in as part of the year-down (which can be argued to be a smart move) or they think he’ll get them into contention by cracking the whip and getting the likes of Petey and Hughes to drop the mitts if a teammate gets a snow-shower (which would be asinine but no shocker with this management group and owner).

Trading out Demko along with Bo et al would move the roster into Chicago territory, but I’m reticent to move out a competent goalie when you look at the Coilers and Leaves.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I question whether I will be around to see the day Celebrini is an impact NHL player, but Chef you need to be patient

See Doyle’s comment regarding 2026
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:31 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:29 pm

2026 will be about when Fantilli and Carlsson will be impactful players if they are impact players, so what’s the issue with waiting for Michkov?
Please point out where I said that
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

At the 6:32 pm in this thread you said we can’t afford to wait until 2026 for Michkov
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:48 pm At the 6:32 pm in this thread you said we can’t afford to wait until 2026 for Michkov
What does that have to do with Fantilli and Carlsson?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:57 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:48 pm At the 6:32 pm in this thread you said we can’t afford to wait until 2026 for Michkov
Ahhhhh, well, uh yeah, sure, okilly dokilly. You followed my post where I said “a team picking 2nd or 3rd should pick Michkov 2nd overall” by basically saying we can’t afford to wait until 2026 giving the impression you feel there are better choice’s cause we won’t have to wait as long as 2026 for Michkov? Yeah, no…Blobbee? Something like that? Am I warm?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:12 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:57 pm
Ahhhhh, well, uh yeah, sure, okilly dokilly. You followed my post where I said “a team picking 2nd or 3rd should pick Michkov 2nd overall” by basically saying we can’t afford to wait until 2026 giving the impression you feel there are better choice’s cause we won’t have to wait as long as 2026 for Michkov? Yeah, no…Blobbee? Something like that? Am I warm?
To the Blob:

____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I wouldn't take Michkov. The long wait and the Russian factor...no thanks, it's too important of a selection with seriously talented assets sitting there as well
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:36 pm I wouldn't take Michkov. The long wait and the Russian factor...no thanks, it's too important of a selection with seriously talented assets sitting there as well
Long wait? Lol. Are you really seeing Fantilli as an instant superstar in the next couple seasons? Fuck he was nowhere near one of the best players in the recent WJC

Bob MacKenzie’s namesake has said recently Michkov’s dynamic skill set is on par with Bedard. Pretty much everyone is saying Michkov is the best player to come out of Russia since Ovechkin. How the fuck do you pass that up? For Fantilli? Give me a break
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:41 pm Bob MacKenzie’s namesake has said recently Michkov’s dynamic skill set is on par with Bedard. Pretty much everyone is saying Michkov is the best player to come out of Russia since Ovechkin. How the fuck do you pass that up? For Fantilli? Give me a break
I've gotta agree.
____
Try to focus on someday.