Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 22-23 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 22-23 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:08 pm Is the giraffe missing functional elbow joints or what? How come he can't dig pucks out of his own hooves???
What’s worse? Troy Stencher and his comedy of bumbling errors in the d-zone or Tyler Myers?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:15 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:08 pm Is the giraffe missing functional elbow joints or what? How come he can't dig pucks out of his own hooves???
What’s worse? Troy Stencher and his comedy of bumbling errors in the d-zone or Tyler Myers?
Good question. I'd have to take tiny Troy and that is a testament to how shitty TM actually is
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Outlandish trade proposal...

Miller and Stillman

For

Barzal

Obviously it's a buy low scenario as MB hasn't lit it up like he can but he's, younger faster, more skilled and wants to be a canuck

Stillman added is just to get that clown the fuck outta here
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:47 pm Outlandish trade proposal...

Miller and Stillman

For

Barzal

Obviously it's a buy low scenario as MB hasn't lit it up like he can but he's, younger faster, more skilled and wants to be a canuck

The only reason it's outlandish is because Barzal is that much younger, therefore you'd need to throw in a pick or prospect.

If you are going to make this type of trade you do it now while both teams have plenty of season in front of them.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

We trade Miller for Barzal we lose a lot of goal scoring. A lot. Barzal is an ASSists Man
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:47 pm Outlandish trade proposal...

<blah-blah>

ANYTHING to get him off the ice!!

Need to be Billy Beane his ass out of town so Brucie stops playing him.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:35 pm We trade Miller for Barzal we lose a lot of goal scoring. A lot. Barzal is an ASSists Man
Maybe but the speed and creativity Barzal would bring adds more to the pot than Millers goals
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:15 pm
T-Roy from RichMond beat the wheels of Noesek today.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Next season: Barzal 9.15m, Miller 8m

Also:

Miller has no trade protection until July 2023.

Barzal has no trade protection until July 2024.

So it's plausible.

Ideally though I'd like to get a cheaper center, a pure #3C PK/scorer/faceoff guy, to help unload the pressure off Horvat, +get another 2023 1st, and a top dman prospect.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:35 pm We trade Miller for Barzal we lose a lot of goal scoring. A lot. Barzal is an ASSists Man
While definitely true, I think that you move Miller if anything remotely like this comes your way. I just have a feeling we are going to be hating his contract by the time we are nearing the end of it's second season.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

SKYO wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:44 pm Next season: Barzal 9.15m, Miller 8m

Also:

Miller has no trade protection until July 2023.

Barzal has no trade protection until July 2024.

So it's plausible.

Ideally though I'd like to get a cheaper center, a pure #3C PK/scorer/faceoff guy, to help unload the pressure off Horvat, +get another 2023 1st, and a top dman prospect.
And that was the price last summer that nobody was willing to pay.

Why would they pay it now after he is worse??
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:05 am
SKYO wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:44 pm Ideally though I'd like to get a cheaper center, a pure #3C PK/scorer/faceoff guy, to help unload the pressure off Horvat, +get another 2023 1st, and a top dman prospect.
And that was the price last summer that nobody was willing to pay.

Why would they pay it now after he is worse??
Like the great Donny said, we. dont. know. what was offered or not, it's all conjecture, like how the canucks turned down Lundqvist, 1st, Chytil.
“From what we can gather, it was essentially Nils Lundkvist, a first-round pick, and Filip Chytil,” said Shah. “Now, there’s some talk about [Vitali] Kravtsov… but it was very evident, whether these pieces were altogether or not, that the Rangers were not offering Braden Schneider… We don’t know how far it got.”

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/details ... e-revealed
And now JT would be moved in what is essentially a sign and trade for a point per game almost, big winger/center.

The acquiring team doesn't have to worry about him leaving via UFA, he'll be a long-term solution for em.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

SKYO wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:34 am
The acquiring team doesn't have to worry about him leaving via UFA, he'll be a long-term solution for em.
MCP Wrote:
Honestly, I think Miller could still be moved after christmas. He has n o protection this year, and a team that is on the rise, looking for a veteran who still produces with cost certainty could be interested. In this situation, JT is still worth a 1st (unprotected -- or even 2 seconds), a second line player or 2nd pairing defenceman and a prospect. Not the return some were hoping for, but it clears the contract, gets assets back, and keeps the team young. While I dont believe in 'full tank', this team still needs to be structured and finish the rebuild. we are not there yet.
I agree :D
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:29 am
While definitely true, I think that you move Miller if anything remotely like this comes your way. I just have a feeling we are going to be hating his contract by the time we are nearing the end of it's second season.
Do you believe Tri- Cities Barzal’s $9.2 million and his no goals is more palatable?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef: do you believe Barzal is merely an 8 goal scorer or just a slumping star who might be available given his early struggles?

I am pretty confident if we were able to squire him away from weird Lou we would have a top level 70-80 point center who can fly