Canucks News n Notes 22-23

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 22-23

Post by rats19 »

More time less money
More money less time

Where will it land … 7x7 :?:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

FWIW, Dhaliwal said he followed up with both camps, and each flatly denied the Seravalli comment that Horvat's initial offer started with a 5. Wording might have been stronger than that.

This is on the heels of the Toronto based media spinning more Miller rumours than anybody, including Dreger, I believe, saying the Canucks would receive an offer on the draft floor they would be unable to refuse.

Miller's deal came quietly out of nowhere, so did Boeser's, and I expect Horvat will get his done in the same manner.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:14 pm If I’m Allvin my max offer for Bo is $6,250,000 per over 8 years. I really hate the 8 years, would prefer 6 or 7 years max for Bo but don’t think that will happen. I worry about Bo’s impact halfway through the contract. He’s no Bergeron or ROR
Yes of course and don’t forget his V-2-0 max. He will easily command a Miller deal if he gets to the open market in July.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

On the open market I think he gets Trochek UFA money. Similar players. 7 years at $5,625,000
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Y'know, CC needs to have its own HOF wing for all to visit and reminisce.

The "VO₂ Max" gem should be enshrined forever along with other Dude-isms like "Adjustments".
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:29 pm On the open market I think he gets Trochek UFA money. Similar players. 7 years at $5,625,000
Over the last four years Trocheck has averaged 56 points per 82. Horvat is averaging 61 points per 82 in his last four. Something tells me Trocheck played with better wingers than Tanner Pearson, Justin Dowling, Josh Leivo, and Jake Virtanen. Horvat has always gotten the shit end of the stick when it comes to linemates similar to Kesler when he played here. Horvat is three inches taller, 30 pounds heavier and a couple years younger. It’s not a horrible comparison but I’d take Bo all day. I’m good paying up to 7 million per. Beyond that he can pound sand.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:53 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:29 pm On the open market I think he gets Trochek UFA money. Similar players. 7 years at $5,625,000
Over the last four years Trocheck has averaged 56 points per 82. Horvat is averaging 61 points per 82 in his last four. Something tells me Trocheck played with better wingers than Tanner Pearson, Justin Dowling, Josh Leivo, and Jake Virtanen. Horvat has always gotten the shit end of the stick when it comes to linemates similar to Kesler when he played here. Horvat is three inches taller, 30 pounds heavier and a couple years younger. It’s not a horrible comparison but I’d take Bo all day. I’m good paying up to 7 million per. Beyond that he can pound sand.
As you said earlier, he is a better player than Boeser.

I think $7x8 would get it done and I'd be on board with that.
el rey del mambo
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

I've said that amount right from the beginning. It would be a huge insult and slap to the face to not even try to offer that to your captain and longest serving member... to not even equal or exceed what Pettersson, Hughes and Boeser are getting after years of productive service. Aqua would look like shit if management squeezes Bo on a couple hundred K.

It would be equal to Gillis fucking over the Sedins to show how big his balls were. You have to show that respect or "We Are All Canucks" is just talk. This is Bo Horvat, not some random guy. If Bo gives a sweetheart deal like the twins did, it'll be his decision.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Fortunately JR loves to lock up his centers ala Pens style, wingers come and go, but you want to keep your top centers long-term.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

SKYO wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:37 pm
damonberryman wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:49 pm I liked Bear when he played for the coil. Surprised he was moved.
Yeah he was pretty good in Edm.

Now I know he was suffering long-hauler effects after getting covid in Carolina.
And the first season in Raleigh for Bear was a bit challenging, as a strong start was followed up by a bout with COVID that caused Bear to miss some time and also suffer some longer-term effects.

Eventually, Bear became the odd man out on Carolina’s blue line, with the newcomer from Edmonton the healthy scratch for the Canes in every single playoff game while Brendan Smith and Ian Cole slotted in on the third pairing.

But it certainly wasn’t all bad for Bear this past year. He started the season skating with Jaccob Slavin, and he contributed an assist in Carolina’s opening-night win over the New York Islanders.

Prior to testing positive for COVID on Nov. 22, Bear put up six points in his first 16 games of the season while averaging over 18 minutes of time on ice per game.

https://www.canescountry.com/2022/6/15/ ... ethan-bear
They gave up a power 3rd liner in Foegele for him ($2.75M aav) avg about 25pts per, 127hits last season.

They have an influx of RHD, and only two LHD, on Daily Faceoff they have Bear on LD, so they may want a natural LHD, maybe Dermott? Just cap wise it'd take some juggling.
You ever wonder how the fuck we end up paying attention to douche bag shit like 'the Cap'? Like, who gives a shit, right? Just win the fucking Cup already ffs. Max dollars out to players and no fucking Cup in this many years? The Canucks are blessed by the Lord to have fans like on this thread.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Which Lord?
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:59 pm Which Lord?
The one all the inbreds in the Fraser Valley pray to.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:10 pm
Hey man, don't blame the Lord for your misery, for God's sake man, take some responsibility!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:10 pm
That would be Lord Shiva!

:D
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

So camp starts tomorrow...here are what I am interested in seeing from this team:

Will Rathbone make the team?

Will the team start the season without extending Bo?

Will Hughes work on the right side?

Will Pettersson come out of the gate strong and maintain that level for a full season?

Will the Russians light it up?

Are we still short a top 4 defenseman?