Mick's thread full of links (21/22) CLICK AT YOUR OWN PERIL

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Mick's thread full of links (21/22) CLICK AT YOUR OWN PERIL

Post by Mickey107 »

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/canucks-could-be- ... -1.5750560
Canucks could be out up to $1 million per game at 50% capacity
Ben Miljure;
CTV News Vancouver Multi-Media Journalist
Published Jan. 21, 2022 6:34 p.m. PST

The league and the Canucks postponed a pair of January games in the hopes of an imminent change to provincial health orders limiting attendance to 50 per cent of capacity.
The restrictions did not change, so the team will play the next several games in a half-empty arena.
Rogers Arena can accommodate 18,910 spectators for hockey — meaning about 9,500 fans were notified their tickets were no longer valid for Friday’s game. Season's Ticket holders had first priority.
Sports business analyst Tom Mayenknecht thinks the team could lose several million dollars over the next few weeks.
“Minimum $750K, up to a million dollars per game, especially when you add on concession sales,” he estimated.
more...
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Pay it, hope to get into the playoffs to get money back.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Interesting article on the new analytics gurl: Rachel Doerrie

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/fun-fac ... MupmMDGM4s

Some of her quotes:
Either way you slice it, Steve Yzerman and Joe Sakic are playing 5-D chess, and Jim Benning is gluing macaroni pieces to construction paper,
Ppl can critique JB, but the turnaround with the team is still with all the same players that JB brought in. I'm actually surprised JR hasn't done any changes, not even minor trades to bring in lower grade prospects, journeymen players that he likes and is high on. The team still consists with all of JB's guys.
Scotty Bowman couldn’t coach that blue line
They state that the only D-man that's any good is Huggy. Sure, our D core is not perfect, but it's not garbage either. OEL and Myers are playing great: logging big minutes, playing the heavy matchups against the top lines and is generally the starting duo on the PK. They're not racking up the points, but they're basically the shut down pair who get the tuff assignments.

I'd say K.Burroughs and Schenn are solid bottom pairing players on team friendly contracts. They're good enough that hockey writers are saying that playoffs teams should trade for these 2 guys to help strengthen their team for their playoff runs. Not bad for a couple guys who were signed for nothing and are now seen as tradeable assets. I personally think Hamonic is a solid D-man as well, but hasn't been able to show what he can do this year with his injury and the covid situation.

If the gurl can bring something to help make our team better, then great. Time will tell. I know some of us are not really fans of what she said in the past, but I think we have to take it with a grain of salt. Especially with social media, ppl tend to say outrageous, shocking and flamboyant comments to grab attention and obtain likes and followers. I mean, Don Cherry pretty much made a career out of it. :P
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

1 GAA is per 60 mins. he played 65 mins
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Gomer the Math Wizard
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article ... t-gesture/
Editor’s Note: The following story contains depictions of a racist act, both in writing and in video, which may be distressing for some readers.
ECHL suspends Jacob Panetta indefinitely, pending a hearing, following racist gesture.

In the aftermath of subjecting Jordan Subban to a racist gesture during an East Coast Hockey League game on Saturday night, Jacob Panetta of the Jacksonville Icemen has been suspended indefinitely.

The league announced Sunday that Panetta’s indefinite suspension is pending a hearing under the Collective Bargaining Agreement for his actions on Saturday.
Video Link
Article carries on...
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Here is evidence that "IF" the goaltending situation really, I mean Really gets tight, 12:19 mark.

"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Holy Fuck you must lead a boring life. :(
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/emilie ... -330129258
Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Canucks President, Hockey Operations and Interim General Manager Jim Rutherford announced today that Émilie Castonguay has been named Assistant General Manager. Castonguay becomes the first female Assistant General Manager in team history.

Castonguay joins the Canucks from Momentum Hockey where she became the first female NHLPA Certified Agent in Canada in 2016, representing numerous players at all levels including the NHL, AHL, Junior and internationally.
"It is an honour to join the Vancouver Canucks and I am grateful to Jim and the Aquilini family for the opportunity," said Castonguay.
"evolution"
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:39 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:34 pm I dunno man, hiring "The Psycho Bitch from Hell" doesn't bode well.

Is he senile?
Its just to appease the many vaginatards of the lower mainland.

I was listening to the coilers show driving from one shithole to another today and Lowtide was praising the hiring as progressive and was lamenting on how the coilers should've been scooping her up.

Odd to hear
'
'vaginatards'? Fucking brilliant!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Rick Dhaliwal @DhaliwalSports
Rutherford on Demko and Miller returning from Covid tomorrow : Their 5 days are up but they still need the proper covid levels, we will find out today.
Donnie and Dhali
CHEK TV
10:15 AM · Jan 24, 2022
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

NEWS | Emilie Castonguay media Availability: Canuck's Assistant General Manager

Starts at 2:06 mark. English part ends at 22:00 min. French for the duration, to 35:29

Good opening session for the team's new asst. GM. Great first impression. Was a player agent, even better.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Thanks Gomer. I wondered if it was “a good opening session” :lol:
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

CanucksAbbyFan2 @Fan2Abby
The Abby Canucks have released goalie Talor Joseph from his amateur try out agreement.
Canucks This appears to indicate good news regarding Thatcher Demko coming out of Covid protocol for tomorrow.
3:55 PM · Jan 24, 2022
Miller should be back as well.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

There it is! Jan. 23, 2022.
"evolution"