GDT: Canucks @ home vs. Panthers - Jan 21 - 7 pm PT, SNP, SN650

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ home vs. Panthers - Jan 21 - 7 pm PT, SNP, SN650

Post by Mickey107 »

VAN- 0-1- PPG:- Alex Chiasson (4) Deflected, -assists: Tanner Pearson (11), -Quinn Hughes (30)- 16:18- 1st
https://hlslive-wsczoominwestus.med.nhl ... 7c48f9.mp4

Team- Shots- Hits- Power Play- Face offs
FLA---- 34---- 14------ 1/2-------- 52.6%
VAN---- 28---- 17------ 1/4-------- 47.4%

Quinn Hughes: 28.30 TOI.
Brock Boeser: 23. 42 TOI.
OEL: 24: 20 TOI.

The long OT shift:
Oliver Ekman-Larsson (3:17)
Juho Lammikko (3:14)
Matthew Highmore (3:11)

game, OT & SO

Post Game, Bruce Boudreau. 6:53 min.
Boudreau: "For Spencer to come in and play a game like that against one of the highest scoring teams in the league, it is really impressive."Boudreau on the long OT shift: "I'm sure they were pretty tired. They kept them to the outside that whole time and that's really smart defensive hockey. They did what they had to do to stop them from scoring."
Boudreau on the result: "I hope it gives them belief that when they play the right way they can play with anybody. We played a hungry team that was determined to win this game. They played really hard and we just stymied them I thought."
Post Game, Spencer Martin. 5:01 min. looks a bit like Garland.
"I felt incredibly blessed, just to know how hard it is to get to this level...it's hard to put into one answer for you but it felt incredible to get an opportunity."; Spencer Martin on tonight's game against Florida

Hello, from an old friend.
"evolution"
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

FUCK? Me out?
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Martin played a whale of a game.....I'd love to have seen him get that 1st shootout goal back, you could see the inexperience on that one. Beyond that he was outstanding for the entire game, even the goal that got by him in regulation was a bounce right in front. His stop on Huberdeau was exceptional. I'm not even sure Demko stops Barkov's attempt, if he did it would be by virtue of being 2" taller than Martin.....but I've seen Barkov score that one before on NHL regulars (notably Freddie Andersen with the leaves :mrgreen: ).

Aside from Myers brain farts the Canucks did a good job keeping Florida to the outside, and when they didn't Martin was full marks.

Worth noting that a healthy Oilers lineup lost 6-0 to this team the night before.....well minus their starting goalie (so we're even there). :P
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Andrew Brunette post game saying Bruce BooDrow has his team playing "hard and fast".

What a difference quality coaching can make. I knew that Greener was in over his head but to see a top end coach work his magic like this is impressive. He has his boys ready to play every night from opening whistle and they are hard on pucks all night, every game.
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Mëds wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:29 am

Worth noting that a healthy Oilers lineup lost 6-0 to this team the night before.....well minus their starting goalie (so we're even there). :P
Coilers management are now publicly hanging their struggles on Koskinen. Fuck is that dirty to do to the guy. I'd let in 6 a night as well just as a big fuck you
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:33 am

Coilers management are now publicly hanging their struggles on Koskinen. Fuck is that dirty to do to the guy. I'd let in 6 a night as well just as a big fuck you
And the dry saddle getting bitchy with the press. A team with two of the most talented players in the league will probably be tanking yet another time.
And for what? More superstars? :mex:
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:33 am

I haven't heard management say anything yet.....Tippet has been less than vague though, all but saying the goalie is the problem.

Hard to say that though when you lose 6-0. Try scoring a goal eh wot?

Spector hanging the goaltending problem on Holland to give Tippet some breathing room. Not sure that plays.....Holland didn't sign Koskinen to that albatross contract, and he did bring Smith back on a team friendly deal. He inherited some of Chiarelli's mess. Spector is a virtue signaling loser though, so whatever.

Just nice to see the Oilers still floundering despite all the 1st round picks that culminated in landing McDavid.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

The heat is on Doyle's favorite Kenny Holland. The goaltending has been an issue the entire time he's been there and he flat out refused to address it once again last summer.

The discussion was that he didn't pursue Marky hard enough that July 1. Their solution wanted (and received) the extra year or 2 that Kenny refused to pony up and it might end up costing him a job
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Hell yeah, after sinkin it down. Fuckin good point.
Spencer Martin.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Good job cookie adding #COOKIEPOWDER to the arsenal is powerful :thumbs:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:02 am The heat is on Doyle's favorite Kenny Holland. The goaltending has been an issue the entire time he's been there and he flat out refused to address it once again last summer.

The discussion was that he didn't pursue Marky hard enough that July 1. Their solution wanted (and received) the extra year or 2 that Kenny refused to pony up and it might end up costing him a job
It's starting to look more and more like paying anything more than $9.5M to a single player is a recipe for highlight reel glory on a perpetual loser.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:02 am The heat is on Doyle's favorite Kenny Holland. The goaltending has been an issue the entire time he's been there and he flat out refused to address it once again last summer.

Doyle seemingly wants to go down with the Holland ship due to his love for all things B.C. I wish San Remo would just make the appropriate adjustments but Splonge Blob is as stubborn as his square torso #260lbs
“Throw a punch Horvat for fuck sakes. Trevor Linden all over again. Why can’t we ever have a hard nosed mean prick for a captain“ - Doyle
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Should #cookiepowder continue? I don't feel like it was a loss.
Ya don't trade JT Miller! You just don't.

- Carl Yagro
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Carl Yagro wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:47 am Should #cookiepowder continue? I don't feel like it was a loss.
I had the same thought..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Carl Yagro wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:47 am Should #cookiepowder continue? I don't feel like it was a loss.
Agree! Barkov should have been penalized for only using one hand on his stick.
"evolution"