Canucks News n Notes 21-22

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 21-22

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:27 am I like the schedule for the home games. Demko should be able to take all of those, maybe the back to back one game goes to Halak. And having one extra away game to SJS in between those home games is easy. No travel in there other than that.

Now they still have to play the games but it a much easier schedule than I had hoped for. And the games are nicely spaced out with only one back to back.

With the Province announcing an extension on capacity limits the Canucks have announced they will play their games at reduced capacity. No more time to make these games up. So if we can get on a role like we did when BB first came on board good things can happen.
It’s about the best we could have hoped for. I understand (money) why they wanted to wait and hope they could play in front of a full house, but it would have been nice to pound some of those bottom feeders when we were rolling hot.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Yeah the schedule worked out fantastically for the Canucks really!

Whether we're vs or @ we ahve the capability of going on another nice run here.

#cookiepowder
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

FFS

Murph:
Demko and Miller both tested positive via rapid tests this morning. #canucks now waiting for lab results from PCR tests.
Lets hope it's minor and or a false-positive test result.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Fuck around. The league is supposedly moving away from asymptomatic testing soon. What terrible timing
If you need air...call it in
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:02 am Fuck around. The league is supposedly moving away from asymptomatic testing soon. What terrible timing
In February sometime I read somewhere
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:02 am Fuck around. The league is supposedly moving away from asymptomatic testing soon. What terrible timing
Rogers arena could come up with a problem with the ice staying frozen. / Kidding. Who knows. Maybe the Panthers have the same thing happen.
"evolution"
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Well that's gonna make putting together a nice streak a little tougher. Fack
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:14 am
Vin Tanner wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:24 am
Micky wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:21 am
Vin Tanner wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:03 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:43 pm
Aaronp18 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:38 pm
Micky wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:12 pm Don't get a couple of those times. Islanders and their fans are gonna have a long night. Maybe they're playing a home game in Van.
Maybe? They had to reschedule all the home games we postponed. They use "vs" for home, "at" for away.

Canucks vs NY Islanders - February 9 - 7:30pm PT

The only away game is:

Canucks at San Jose Sharks - February 17 - 7:30pm PT

Still have to play at 4pm at home against the stupid leaves.
The fact you had to explain it to him is staggering.
But certainly not surprising
The whole thing is worded wrong. Home teams don't vs. The word at, isn't normally used. Look at any YouTube game title.
The fact I have to explain this is staggering. :P
Sigh…. I think it is you who is wired wrong. EVERYONE gets it but yourself. You can’t be this stupid. It has to be an act.
Blobbie, you should know better than to explain facts to a pathological liar.

…. But at least you have lots of experience doing it! :D
Wow! I can't believe this discussion is still ongoing! Mickey versus the world on the use of 'at' vs. 'vs.'.

Next thing you know he'll be telling us the sky isn't blue!

Maybe another tumble off the roof is needed to set things straight inside that helmeted skull.

Hey Mickey, who is this 'everyone' you're talking about? Other people wearing helmets don't count.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

5thhorseman wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:05 pm Wow! I can't believe this discussion is still ongoing! Mickey versus the world on the use of 'at' vs. 'vs.'.

Next thing you know he'll be telling us the sky isn't blue!

Maybe another tumble off the roof is needed to set things straight inside that helmeted skull.

Hey Mickey, who is this 'everyone' you're talking about? Other people wearing helmets don't count.
‘Ole Ghomes likes the helmut
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Aaronp18 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:30 am Well that's gonna make putting together a nice streak a little tougher. Fack
I wonder if the Canucks can change their mind and postpone couple of upcoming days. Isn't Halak still in protocol?

WE could be doomed the next few weeks.
The only HW the Canucks need
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

cases...
el rey del mambo
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

I wish they were not testing still. With most of the double/triple vaxx guys, the symptoms are so mild, most of the players would (statistically) play through it, just like when they had the flu 3 years ago.

They wouldn’t be forced to miss a week of games.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:52 pm
Aaronp18 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:30 am Well that's gonna make putting together a nice streak a little tougher. Fack
I wonder if the Canucks can change their mind and postpone couple of upcoming days. Isn't Halak still in protocol?

WE could be doomed the next few weeks.
Weirdly, twenty positive tests tomorrow morning and another couple games postponed.
Demko saves… his swabs.
You’ve heard of fake negative urine samples, how bout fake positive Covid samples.
Can’t win against Florida and St. Louis with that line-up, so why bother.
If you ain’t cheatin’, you ain’t tryin’.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

This cannot be happening...

Are u serious, hockey gods? Bo, Garland and Halak still quarantined in the States and now the starting goalie and our best forward is out too?

C'mon! This is the time we should be making hay and closing the gap on some teams. How much #cookiepowder can you snort to not feel the pain?

Dipietro and Martin tandem. Hahahaha.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Carl Yagro wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:56 pm This cannot be happening...

Are u serious, hockey gods? Bo, Garland and Halak still quarantined in the States and now the starting goalie and our best forward is out too?

C'mon! This is the time we should be making hay and closing the gap on some teams. How much #cookiepowder can you snort to not feel the pain?

Dipietro and Martin tandem. Hahahaha.
You know who's behind this? It's that fucking weasel Bettman, I bet, man!