Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21-22 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by mr perfect »

Micky wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:14 am
Mëds wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:05 am
Micky wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:39 pm
Aaronp18 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:17 pm I like JT a lot, but as has been mentioned we need to know what he’ll extend for. And his return could prove better for the long term viability of a Cup contender.
There is absolutely no reason not to have a good sit down and talk to JT Miller about his future with the club and what he might be thinking.
Many, even most players wont have sit down chats. Everything has to go through their agents. Pretty sure Miller would give the club a very honest take.
Yeah I’m pretty sure this was already said by a few people.

#breakingnews
This has never been said before, in regards of Miller possibly being approachable without a player agent.
Where the fuck are you going with this player agent thing? You're the only one mentioning it.
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Topper wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:30 am Versatile 3rd line player with limited upside. If Hoglander is a fixture on your 2nd line, you have problems. This season he is playing far more to expectation coming out of Sweden. I don't dislike him, but I think there is return to be had for him. You have to give to get.
Sure, he turns into another Martin St Louis or Brad Marchand and everyone then wonders why Canucks traded him. Fun fact: Hoglander has put up 41 pt in his first 94 games in the NHL and just recently had his 21st birthday. Marchand broke into the NHL just before his 22nd birthday and put up 42 pt in his first 97 games. Unless they are whiners and complainer who want out like Cody Hodgson and Adam Gaudette, you hang onto young players 25 and under until they have developed which takes 3-5 years to show what they have. The exception is if your team is a Cup contender and by trading prospects you can get a veteran player in return who can put you over the top. The Canucks are nowhere near that point.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

mr perfect wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:40 pm
Topper wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:30 am Versatile 3rd line player with limited upside. If Hoglander is a fixture on your 2nd line, you have problems. This season he is playing far more to expectation coming out of Sweden. I don't dislike him, but I think there is return to be had for him. You have to give to get.
Sure, he turns into another Martin St Louis or Brad Marchand and everyone then wonders why Canucks traded him.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Topper wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:44 pm
mr perfect wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:40 pm
Sure, he turns into another Martin St Louis or Brad Marchand and everyone then wonders why Canucks traded him.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Spahn Ranch says what?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

mr perfect wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:26 pm
Micky wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:14 am
Mëds wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:05 am
Micky wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:39 pm
Aaronp18 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:17 pm I like JT a lot, but as has been mentioned we need to know what he’ll extend for. And his return could prove better for the long term viability of a Cup contender.
There is absolutely no reason not to have a good sit down and talk to JT Miller about his future with the club and what he might be thinking.
Many, even most players wont have sit down chats. Everything has to go through their agents. Pretty sure Miller would give the club a very honest take.
Yeah I’m pretty sure this was already said by a few people.

#breakingnews
This has never been said before, in regards of Miller possibly being approachable without a player agent.
Where the fuck are you going with this player agent thing? You're the only one mentioning it.
He's going nowhere as usual.

Par for the course.

Gomer says something stupid.

Folks pile on in disgust.

Gomer says "mmmmmm.... mmmm".
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Micky wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:39 pm There is absolutely no reason not to have a good sit down and talk to JT Miller about his future with the club and what he might be thinking.
How much more obvious should I have made this? Did I need to say without his agent at the end? :roll:
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Micky wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:00 pm
How much more obvious should I have made this? Did I need to say without his agent at the end? :roll:
Who are you asking when you quote yourself like that?

:wow:

Tripping balls...you may be

:lol:
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Gomer says "mmmmmm.... mmmm".
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Watching the Rags play the laughs tonight and a young right handed dman that would look awfully nice in Canucks colours is Brayden Schneider. He's mobile, tough, moves pucks well and is like 20 years old.

The kid would be a very fine return for JT should we decide to move him
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:36 pm Watching the Rags play the laughs tonight and a young right handed dman that would look awfully nice in Canucks colours is Brayden Schneider. He's mobile, tough, moves pucks well and is like 20 years old.

If you’re only getting Schneider for Miller that would be a considerably awful trade for us. Schneider is a decent prospect in what? A Jake Muzzin kind of way if all goes well, he’s nothing special. Travis Hamonic maybe
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:59 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:36 pm Watching the Rags play the laughs tonight and a young right handed dman that would look awfully nice in Canucks colours is Brayden Schneider. He's mobile, tough, moves pucks well and is like 20 years old.

If you’re only getting Schneider for Miller that would be a considerably awful trade for us. Schneider is a decent prospect in what? A Jake Muzzin kind of way if all goes well, he’s nothing special. Travis Hamonic maybe
He's not a shitty skater at all. He's a defensively sound 20 yr old right now who will only get better and better. He would be a perfect top pairing piece to slide in opposite to Hughes

If the playoffs get out of reach this is the type of trade that would be realistically more likely to happen.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:59 pm

He's not a shitty skater at all. He's a defensively sound 20 yr old right now who will only get better and better. He would be a perfect top pairing piece to slide in opposite to Hughes

If the playoffs get out of reach this is the type of trade that would be realistically more likely to happen.
And their first.

JT, at a point per game pace, with a 5 million contact hit is worth a 1st, a middling roster player, and a good prospect.

Contenders are always looking for a 5ish million dollar guy who is playing 2-3 million above his cap hit. And they are usually willing to pay for it.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Mëds wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:20 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:07 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:04 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:01 pm Dobson has top pairing RH shot all situations D man written all over him. His next contract will/should be on the cheap side if Lou does it right. You don’t move a kid like that. He’s a future Pietrangelo /Doughty type player.
Pettersson for one of Barzal or Dobson possibly but both is a SKYO shopping cart special pipe hoot
Pettersson = Barzal

Poolman and a 2nd = a wet dump in white pants.

Dobson is as valuable as Barzal.

Mëds is chomping the glass cock like the Dude on Freestyle Friday at the Dufferin
I said "Here ya go SKYO".....
Yeah you ain't getting both Barzal AND Dobson, that's akin to the Canucks moving Pettersson and Hughes, not happening, albeit Hughes >> Dobson but Dobson is improving vastly this season, and his TOI minutes is getting up there, close to being a top pairing Dman for many years for the 6'4 righty.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Habs looking to rebuild already and shed payroll as they have almost $100M in player salaries this season LOL.
One interesting metric on the Canadiens is they have the most actual dollars committed to players this season ($95.195 million), ahead of even Tampa Bay or Vegas.
Toffoli back on the trade block and Josh Anderson.
Eric Duhatschek of The Athletic reports one of the first duties new GM Kent Hughes will have is to get Montreal’s payroll under control.

Toffoli could be a casualty of this mandate as the Habs will look to move quality players on long-term deals.
The other player that has been mentioned to be on the trade block is Josh Anderson.
Namestenikov on the block.
Detroit Red Wings forward Vladislav Namestnikov is a pending UFA. He could be moved at the trade deadline as a rental.
Canucks not looking to move any players as of yet, waiting to see if they snag a playoff berth.
https://nhlrumors.com/nhl-rumors-montre ... 022/01/20/
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:59 pm

Cuz, Schneider alone is an absolute shitty return for JT Miller. Schneider is OK, that’s about it. You don’t give up a JT Miller for just that
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau