Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21-22 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

BCExpat wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:37 am
Vin Tanner wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:57 pm Don’t eat that crap. San Remos or bust for pizza
It has been almost 50 years since I've been to Vancouver, but I used to like Trocadero Pizza on the east side (I lived in Burnaby at the time while going to BCIT). Is it still good?
It's the best between 2AM and closing time
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:56 am
Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:35 am Yeah all the teams just play in lawn chairs and inhale pizza and guzzle old stock during the game in beer helmets. It’s a scene. Then some players get enraged and shit. :lol:
:lol:

Blobby...come on man...they don't call it beer league because y'all are fine tuned athletic specimens now do they
I haven’t played mixed slow pitch in close to two decades
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:35 am Yeah all the teams just play in lawn chairs and inhale pizza and guzzle old stock during the game in beer helmets. It’s a scene. Then some players get enraged and shit. :lol:

Blobby...come on man...they don't call it beer league because y'all are fine tuned athletic specimens now do they
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:01 am

I haven’t played mixed slow pitch in close to two decades
Adjustments^^^
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I think Doyle’s favourite pizza is the 4 Cheese with pepperoni and sausage and gets a cup of the blue cheese dip
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:57 am
BCExpat wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:37 am
Vin Tanner wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:57 pm Don’t eat that crap. San Remos or bust for pizza
It has been almost 50 years since I've been to Vancouver, but I used to like Trocadero Pizza on the east side (I lived in Burnaby at the time while going to BCIT). Is it still good?
It's the best between 2AM and closing time
Well, back in the day, they used to make a mighty fine pizza
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

If Vancouver is moving someone, Hoglander is atop my list.

Pizza, Brick Oven on Dunbar was a favourite. A a good pie at BiBo in Richmond on a recent coastal trip.
Last edited by Topper on Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Mëds wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:05 am
Micky wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:39 pm
Aaronp18 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:17 pm I like JT a lot, but as has been mentioned we need to know what he’ll extend for. And his return could prove better for the long term viability of a Cup contender.
There is absolutely no reason not to have a good sit down and talk to JT Miller about his future with the club and what he might be thinking.
Many, even most players wont have sit down chats. Everything has to go through their agents. Pretty sure Miller would give the club a very honest take.
Yeah I’m pretty sure this was already said by a few people.

#breakingnews
This has never been said before, in regards of Miller possibly being approachable without a player agent.
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Micky wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:14 am
Mëds wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:05 am
Micky wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:39 pm
Aaronp18 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:17 pm I like JT a lot, but as has been mentioned we need to know what he’ll extend for. And his return could prove better for the long term viability of a Cup contender.
There is absolutely no reason not to have a good sit down and talk to JT Miller about his future with the club and what he might be thinking.
Many, even most players wont have sit down chats. Everything has to go through their agents. Pretty sure Miller would give the club a very honest take.
Yeah I’m pretty sure this was already said by a few people.

#breakingnews
This has never been said before, in regards of Miller possibly being approachable without a player agent.
And what makes you think he would sit down without his agent? Or are you just going off on some Gomeristic imagining.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Topper wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:13 am If Vancouver is moving someone, Hoglander is atop my list.

Pizza, Brick Oven on Dunbar was a favourite. A a good pie at BiBo in Richmond on a recent coastal trip.
I can guess you reasons, but I'd still like to hear them.

If people are inclined to be patient with Pettersson, I'm even more inclined to be patient with a guy who has a year less NHL time under his belt, was drafted lower, and regardless of mental errors shows a ton of hustle and never pouts.....

I'm not saying don't trade him. In fact the only untradeable asset on the team right now is Demko, imho. Hughes a close second, but again, if the return is mind blowing nobody should be safe.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Mëds wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:48 am
I'm not saying don't trade him. In fact the only untradeable asset on the team right now is Demko, imho. Hughes a close second, but again, if the return is mind blowing nobody should be safe.
Like an echo! :mrgreen:

I know it got lost in the great pizza and beer ball debate but I agree.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Versatile 3rd line player with limited upside. If Hoglander is a fixture on your 2nd line, you have problems. This season he is playing far more to expectation coming out of Sweden. I don't dislike him, but I think there is return to be had for him. You have to give to get.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Don't you know? The only shrimps Topper likes are the ones he can eat.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hoglander is a good young player. But I’m all for moving him for a young D man or centre. Maybe including him in a bigger deal as long as you get some young cheap labour coming back.

The construction of the roster is still a bit of a mess. For instance Vancouver spends the second most in the league on D men. That’s a problem considering this is a pretty scabby back end and nowhere close to being one of the better groups in the league. Back end needs to re-vamped big time.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:36 am
The construction of the roster is still a bit of a mess. For instance Vancouver spends the second most in the league on D men. That’s a problem considering this is a pretty scabby back end and nowhere close to being one of the better groups in the league. Back end needs to re-vamped big time.
Yeah and this is the problem with not having replenishment of assets through the draft, we have no one on the back end on ELC anymore and there really isn't anyone coming in the pipeline soon.