Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:40 am Sens 30th place
AZ 31st
Habs 32nd! :o
Hey SKYO…Doyle was very bullish on the Sens. But here they are again in lottery land
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Carl Yagro wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:38 am Man, I knew you'd jump in on that :lol:

Like anyone and their family should be bullied online incessantly. C'mon dude, show some humanity. People can disagree with his performance, but that kind of treatment by media and trolls is garbage.
I wasn’t aware he was “bullied online incessantly”

You’re referring to Twitter and shitholes like hfboards? One should consider the source I think.

Mainstream media barely laid a glove on the guy. Kuzma and Imac licked his asshole clean for seven years. The radio guys got the odd jab in but their hands were largely tied due to the fact 650 carries Canucks games.

He did a pretty lousy job as GM. In most other markets he would have been turfed long before he was. Fredo enjoyed having his arm up Elmer’s ass and tickling his rib cage.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:54 pm
AZ 31st
Hey SKYO…Doyle was very bullish on the Sens. But here they are again in lottery land
I was?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:48 am
AZ 31st
I was?
Yup. You were lovin on them last season and before with all their young players and prospects and picks. Did you see the Forever Rebuild that is Buffalo Sabres are 5th worst in the league right now? All those picks and prospects, what happened?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:11 am
Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:48 am
AZ 31st
I was?
Yup. You were lovin on them last season and before with all their young players and prospects and picks. Did you see the Forever Rebuild that is Buffalo Sabres are 5th worst in the league right now? All those picks and prospects, what happened?
So the Kings, Sabres, and Senators are my teams?
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:31 am So the Kings, Sabres, and Senators are my teams?
Hurricane and Avalanche as well I believe.
DeLevering since 1999.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

donlever wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:50 am
Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:31 am So the Kings, Sabres, and Senators are my teams?
Hurricane and Avalanche as well I believe.
I’ve definitely been impressed the way those teams are run. Throw the Lightning in there as well.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:41 am
Carl Yagro wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:38 am Man, I knew you'd jump in on that :lol:

Like anyone and their family should be bullied online incessantly. C'mon dude, show some humanity. People can disagree with his performance, but that kind of treatment by media and trolls is garbage.
I wasn’t aware he was “bullied online incessantly”

I can’t wait for Doc to post the “50 clip” reply for this :D :lol:
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:41 am I wasn’t aware he was “bullied online incessantly”

You’re referring to Twitter and shitholes like hfboards? One should consider the source I think.

Mainstream media barely laid a glove on the guy. Kuzma and Imac licked his asshole clean for seven years. The radio guys got the odd jab in but their hands were largely tied due to the fact 650 carries Canucks games.

He did a pretty lousy job as GM. In most other markets he would have been turfed long before he was. Fredo enjoyed having his arm up Elmer’s ass and tickling his rib cage.
Well, then you've purposely ignored and closed your eyes to it.

The media, all of it, from print to radio to social to out of town media have been carving up the guy incessantly since he arrived. From the way he talked to not blowing it up (that was what the owner wanted) to picks, to... jesus, every single move or non-move over his tenure.

Odd Jab, c'mon. Who throws a shoe anyway? I mean, really?

He did some parts of his job poorly. He wasn't a pretty lousy GM as you said. In most other markets that's in the same rebuilding situation and without a meddling owner, he probably gets the same amount of time. How many organizations are so wishy-washy that they need to totally re-fill the cupboards but still want to help their franchise players make the playoffs... wasting years in the process?

Fredo definitely had his hands up everybody's ass. This is the point. He is the culprit. He is the one responsible.

Benning was an average GM overall, but you can see that this team has promise. Time to let the hate go before you become the Chef that you despise.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob writes:
What it really means:
Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:31 am the Kings, Sabres, and Senators are my teams
:P :lol:
If you need air...call it in
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:13 am Blob writes:
What it really means:
Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:31 am the Kings, Sabres, and Senators are my teams
Every NHL team except the Canucks, right? I'm sure Dude will back me up on this.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Carl Yagro wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:11 amTime to let the hate go before you become the Chef that you despise.
Doyle doesn't despise the Chef at all. They're symbiotic twins
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Cornuck wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:15 am
What it really means:
Every NHL team except the Canucks, right? I'm sure Dude will back me up on this.
Every team that sells vets for picks/prospects and has a few Ryan Clowes on their roster
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:16 am
Carl Yagro wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:11 amTime to let the hate go before you become the Chef that you despise.
Doyle doesn't despise the Chef at all. They're symbiotic twins
Hargraves is a fan of the line cook
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cornuck wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:15 am
What it really means:
Lol no shit.

Honestly we should get a poll going for all time best / worst Canucks managers. I go back about as far as Jake Milford. I was too young to remember Poile or Maloney.