Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by BCExpat »

Aaronp18 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:33 pm Kane is a train wreck so really my opinion is which teams do I want to see him help implode.

leaves
Flames
Oilers
Bruins
NY Rangers

There’s a few off the top of my head! Probably in that order as well.
I doubt that the flames will take a run at him (except when he is on the ice for the opposing team :lol: ). Sutter won't tolerate any of his antics. If the Oilers had cap space, they would be right in there.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

5thhorseman wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:58 pm Fuck Kane! I'm still taking in what Wids said about Pettersson and his entitlement mentality! That's disturbing
I have no idea how true it is though. The nickname pouty came from somewhere.
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Vin Tanner wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:22 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:28 pm I do think the Oilers are a good fit.

Kane is severely fucked up... but so are the Oil.

If they can get him cheep for the rest of the year and get a #1 goalie in, why not, maybe they get lucky, get on a roll.

But if the reports are true that half the league is interested in him, what are the chances...
The guy is flat out a good hockey player. But he seems like a shitty human. I’m not sure that this iteration of the Vancouver Canucks signing Evander is what I’d call a good idea by the team. Plenty of young minds for him to affect when they still haven’t established themselves. He is a good player, but he could wreck the room.

A decent GM should take a run if they were a contender. Or even Toronto or Alberta. Cheap and motivated. Just need the leadership group to keep him in line. That isn’t here.
Vancouver historically have shied away from controversial players, or moved on from them ASAP...maybe they should take a risk and sign Kaner cheap for a season and see how he does. I mean doesn't Evander's parents live in Vancouver? They can help keep in check a bit.

He can fill Ferland's shoes, tough, scrappy, fast with a better shot.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:58 am
5thhorseman wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:58 pm Fuck Kane! I'm still taking in what Wids said about Pettersson and his entitlement mentality! That's disturbing
Not buying it.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:13 am
Not buying it.
I'm not either. The Swedes don't pull this bullshit...almost no Swedish players have had interpersonal issues like this. The actually go out of their way to stay loyal and regularly spend their entire careers with the same organization.

Lehner is the only one that comes to mind who has had any sort of drama associated with him and that can be attributed to a mental health issue that he has been forthright in addressing.
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

JT Miller just wants to win. I seriously doubt he's ever thought of Pettersson as a softy or a whiner. The line juggling that BB has done, and what Green had started doing as well, though without as much thought, was because Petey, along with others were stagnant. The room is never a pleasant place when your losing. Miller has been with two top notch organizations. He knows how to handle things. Not too sure he'd be pleased with some of the crap Evander Kane has pulled throughout his career had they been on the same team.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The Redwings hire Nicklas Lidstrom as vice president of hockey operations.

https://www.tsn.ca/nicklas-lidstrom-joi ... -1.1744270

Continuing the retired Swedes joining the front office, just like Henrik, Daniel Sedin joining the Canucks front office as special advisors to GM.

Wonder if/when we will hire Patrik Allvin?
https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/n ... iring-list
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

SL's boy Bobby Clarke rippin' Hextall a new one.
Bobby Clarke proceeded to delve into details on Ron Hextall’s time as the GM of the Flyers.

“[Hextall] alienated everybody, right away,” Clarke said. “He shut his door, he locked the doors; he was the boss and nobody else was part of it. We end up getting the second pick in the draft, and we end up drafting Nolan Patrick. None of our scouts wanted Nolan Patrick. I don’t know where Patrick should have gone, after his performances in Brandon — he’s a pretty good player. But certainly, they wanted Makar. Of course he went next. Now he’s a superstar and Patrick hasn’t played. But Hextall made that choice himself, and there were other choices that were made at our drafts that we’re paying for. We have two or three first-round picks that are never going to play, and that’s why we’re struggling. Hextall made some huge mistakes.

After Clarke was focusing on the prospects taken by the Flyers, the host of the podcast chimed in about trading Brayden Schenn to the St. Louis Blues, and Clarke has his chance to reflect on it as well.

That was just as bad,” he said. “Nobody knew it. [Hextall] made that on his own. All our scouts who were at the draft; our scouts were so mad at [Hextall] for doing that. We also had the chance to get [Ryan] O’Reilly from Buffalo, but we didn’t. Obviously, that was the manager’s decision, but it was another one that the scouts weren’t consulted on.”

https://www.broadstreethockey.com/2022/ ... bby-clarke
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol at Bobby. Read Dave Schultz’s book The Hammer. Tells you all you need to know about Clarkie.

“ We didn’t give him (Roger Neilson) cancer”

Dude is a high level scumbag. Broke Kharlamov’s leg without even thinking about it. There’s a place in hell for that gutless, toothless piece of shit.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is Kirby Dach another Canadian bust or what? Drafted 3rd overall. What’s the deal?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:57 pm Is Kirby Dach another Canadian bust or what? Drafted 3rd overall. What’s the deal?
He’s 20 … so unsure. You defended Juolevi like a relative until he left at 23. It’s weird how you take a coiler on pretty much every kid in the league at 18-20. Disturbing actually. :mex:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:13 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:57 pm Is Kirby Dach another Canadian bust or what? Drafted 3rd overall. What’s the deal?
He’s 20 … so unsure. You defended Juolevi like a relative until he left at 23. It’s weird how you take a coiler on pretty much every kid in the league at 18-20. Disturbing actually. :mex:
Looks like a bigger bust than Turcotte
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:11 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:13 am
Not buying it.
I'm not either. The Swedes don't pull this bullshit...almost no Swedish players have had interpersonal issues like this. The actually go out of their way to stay loyal and regularly spend their entire careers with the same organization.

Lehner is the only one that comes to mind who has had any sort of drama associated with him and that can be attributed to a mental health issue that he has been forthright in addressing.
The Swedes classically have not.

What we're seeing in terms of attitudes from this new generation of players is a big change from the previous.....it's not unreasonable to think that a kid his age is bucking a trend like the one you mention.

You also haven't usually seen Swedes "pout" the way Perimettersson has. From day one everybody has said that he's a different cat, The Alien moniker got hung on him for a reason.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Mëds wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:32 pm
You also haven't usually seen Swedes "pout" the way Perimettersson has. From day one everybody has said that he's a different cat, The Alien moniker got hung on him for a reason.
IIRC this was mostly due to the massive noggin he had compared to the rest of his body when he was first drafted.

Like an orange on a toothpick.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Aaronp18 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:40 pm
Mëds wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:32 pm
IIRC this was mostly due to the massive noggin he had compared to the rest of his body when he was first drafted.

Like an orange on a toothpick.
I think it was from "the alien death stare" he gave a reporter who asked a "dumb" question.....happened more than once. He's a different cat, most people have said that about him all along.