Mick's thread full of links (21/22) CLICK AT YOUR OWN PERIL

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Mick's thread full of links (21/22) CLICK AT YOUR OWN PERIL

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

If it was a dude he’d be drooling and mmmmmming everywhere. Sean’s friends were probably afraid to come over to the house with that geriatric pervert leering at them.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Volunteered to set up hockey games at the RIC for my kid's school along with other parents that did the same from other jurisdictions.

Five years running a softball team, mostly from my kids school, after hours. We played all sorts of other teams. Even took on an airport league team once. Lost big time. Damn, that was without me in the line-up too as that is where I played.

How did the wrestling go for U Vin? Never mind, got it.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Micky wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:57 pm

Five years running a softball team, mostly from my kids school, after hours. We played all sorts of other teams. Even took on an airport league team once. Lost big time. Damn, that was without me in the line-up too as that is where I played.
Must be Slow Pitch? Couldn’t be Fastpitch.

Sorry but I know some of the guys who’ve been involved with boys softball in Richmond as well as through the GVRD.Do the last names Strang, Pipke, Hagen or Trasolini ring a bell? Seeing as I played and was on the executive for the LMMFA association for 15 + years we did know what was coming up through the ranks in Peewee, Bantam and Midget. There weren’t teams based out of schools. Hasn’t happened in several decades. And there isn’t an airport league. Were they men’s teams playing at this airport?

Without you in the lineup? ‘As that is where I played’ ? WTF does that mean?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:20 pm Must be Slow Pitch? Couldn’t be Fastpitch.
Duh!
Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:20 pm And there isn’t an airport league. Were they men’s teams playing at this airport?
There was an Airport softball league. Doesn't mean all the teams played at the airport. :roll: They played all over.
Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:20 pm If it was a dude he’d be drooling and mmmmmming everywhere. Sean’s friends were probably afraid to come over to the house with that geriatric pervert leering at them.
I think I'll pass this one along, boy! Out of line, big time. This is worse then threatening violence. You're not above the rules.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:44 pm This is worse then threatening violence.
No it's not.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Micky wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:44 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:20 pm Must be Slow Pitch? Couldn’t be Fastpitch.
Duh!
Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:20 pm And there isn’t an airport league. Were they men’s teams playing at this airport?
There was an Airport softball league. Doesn't mean all the teams played at the airport. :roll: They played all over.
Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:20 pm If it was a dude he’d be drooling and mmmmmming everywhere. Sean’s friends were probably afraid to come over to the house with that geriatric pervert leering at them.
I think I'll pass this one along, boy! Out of line, big time. This is worse then threatening violence. You're not above the rules.
So what position did you play? ‘As this is where I played’

Sounds like a scrub game really. There isn’t kids slow pitch. That starts for adults. Were there umpires and uniforms?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:41 pm Sounds like a scrub game really. There isn’t kids slow pitch. That starts for adults. Were there umpires and uniforms?
LOL: I along with some other parents, sometimes, umpired games. I managed to get "Ice Level Sports" to sponsor the uniforms which were just T-shirts with the name of the team. It was a bunch of scrub games. Couple of hundred over 4 years.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

In Doyle's league they're only allowed to carry 6 cans with them into the outfield (per inning)
If you need air...call it in
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:51 pm In Doyle's league they're only allowed to carry 6 cans with them into the outfield (per inning)
Not including the beer hat.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

22 year old Aidan Mcdonough, Canucks prospect, seventh round, said (on the Donnie & Dhali show), he may or may not sign with the Canucks after completing his third major college year.

It's really a bonus when something like this works out for a team, especially us..

Last edited by Mickey107 on Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Ben Kuzma @benkuzma
Boudreau said Boeser, Pettersson, Dickinson all practised Monday in Florida after exiting COVID-19 protocol. 11:12 AM · Jan 10, 2022.
Big boost right there... 8-) Proof, there it is.
"evolution"
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

5thhorseman wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:37 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:51 pm In Doyle's league they're only allowed to carry 6 cans with them into the outfield (per inning)
Not including the beer hat.
You are allowd a 7th beer, if you have a designated assistant, but you must yell "Hold my beer, and watch this" in a redneck acccent every time a ball is hit to the outfield.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Thomas Drance @ThomasDrance
Canucks practice lines at FLA Live Arena on Monday.

Podkolzin-Miller-Boeser
Pearson-Pettersson-Höglander
Dickinson-Horvat-Garland
Highmore-Lammikko-Motte

OEL-Myers
Hughes-Schenn
Hunt-Poolman
Translate Tweet
11:30 AM · Jan 10, 2022
Thomas Drance @ThomasDrance
Brock Boeser discusses the “crappy scenario” that he dealt with, quarantining for 5 days and being stuck in the U.S.A..
Details that miscommunication with the government resulted in additional quarantine time for some #Canucks players.
"It’s a big test for our group but it’s a test we need. You want to play the best and beat the best. We’re excited to be back together.”
Brock Boeser speaks to the media after practice in Florida
Brock Boeser after practice in Florida 7:33 min. Not happy with the quarantine situation and how it played out for him. 15 f-ing days.
“I tried to keep that up while I was staying at home. Did a little extra skate at the end of the practice (today), the legs will feel good tomorrow.” Elias Pettersson on staying active while in quarantine
Elias Pettersson after practice. 3:20 min. Felt no symptoms whatsoever.
"You’re playing the best of the best in the NHL. A test to see where we’re at.”
Coach Bruce Boudreau on this upcoming road trip
Bruce Boudreau after practice and how they'll deal with the long break. 7:20 min.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

starting at 50 seconds.

I wish this guy had another four years on his deal with a NTC to boot...
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Search Dean Holoein fastpitch on YouTube. Tell me you could scratch a hit off that guy if you were gowed.