Canucks News n Notes 21-22

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Canucks News n Notes 21-22

Post by Curmudgeon »

Not sure that the Canucks finally pull the trigger on Green after the first game of a five game trip. They might as well ride out the trip, it's not like it will make any difference at this point anyway.

From the outside looking in, it's an interesting dynamic between Miller and Horvat with Miller appearing to emerge as the more prominent voice in the media amongst the players. Wasn't it reported that Horvat was one of the more vocal, if not most vocal, of the players during exit interviews last season and his advocacy for Green was a big part of it? Horvat was also pretty stoked when they re-signed his buddy Pearson, so I have to wonder how much he advocated for that, and they've been almost inseparable on the ice despite the fact Pearson has been nothing but an anchor out there. It's almost like Horvat is the captain for the woke crowd while Miller is the captain for the hockey crowd, and perhaps being too woke is potentially a handicap out there on the ice.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Curmudgeon wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:00 am It's almost like Horvat is the captain for the woke crowd while Miller is the captain for the hockey crowd, and perhaps being too woke is potentially a handicap out there on the ice.
Jesus, no idea if there is validity to your suggestion but that is a majorly fucking depressing thought right there....
DeLevering since 1999.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

donlever wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:03 am
Curmudgeon wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:00 am It's almost like Horvat is the captain for the woke crowd while Miller is the captain for the hockey crowd, and perhaps being too woke is potentially a handicap out there on the ice.
Jesus, no idea if there is validity to your suggestion but that is a majorly fucking depressing thought right there....
lol, just spitballing and fairness and decency is all good, but never go full wokeness. Most here get it but let's face it, despite what Rogers, Bell, HNIC and Ron MacLean, a large percentage of the media and social media SJWs would have people believe, NHL hockey is still played by young males and there will be violence, actions, and words that will be rather upsetting to the woke bubble folk and the most successful players will be the ones showing the most resilience in fighting through it while others will thrive by being more predatory in initiating and engaging in it. Imagine the outcry if every player and coach was mic'd for games and practices, with the footage being out there unedited for all to hear?
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Curmudgeon wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:00 am Not sure that the Canucks finally pull the trigger on Green after the first game of a five game trip. They might as well ride out the trip, it's not like it will make any difference at this point anyway.

It makes a difference to me and I matter.

But I agree nothing will be done, this GM/Owners seems fully entrenched in what they want to do, even if it is wrong.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Cornuck wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:54 am Day 1675 and Travis Green is still coaching the Canucks.
For those of us who live on a different calendar, today is Star Date 99499.94
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Curmudgeon wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:25 am Imagine the outcry if every player and coach was mic'd for games and practices, with the footage being out there unedited for all to hear?
lol, that would be killer, let's do it!!

Bobby Clarke all over again....
DeLevering since 1999.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

2Fingers wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:28 am
Curmudgeon wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:00 am Not sure that the Canucks finally pull the trigger on Green after the first game of a five game trip. They might as well ride out the trip, it's not like it will make any difference at this point anyway.

LGBTQ+2F

All Lives Matter, bud.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

donlever wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:35 am
Curmudgeon wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:25 am Imagine the outcry if every player and coach was mic'd for games and practices, with the footage being out there unedited for all to hear?
lol, that would be killer, let's do it!!

Bobby Clarke all over again....
Bobby Clarke was the greatest asshole of all time! :blush:
____
Try to focus on someday.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

2Fingers wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:28 am

But I agree nothing will be done, this GM/Owners seems fully entrenched in what they want to do, even if it is wrong.
Every day matters. Every day lost is one less day to get the Canucks working properly, before the March trade deadline. Gotta market those assets.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topper must have gone deep into the coal mine this time....he hasn't been heard from for days now
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I can't believe it's sounding more and more, they're considering a trade as opposed to jettisoning Travis Green.
"evolution"
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:16 pm Topper must have gone deep into the coal mine this time....he hasn't been heard from for days now
I wish he would take Green with him.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Cornuck wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:25 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:16 pm Topper must have gone deep into the coal mine this time....he hasn't been heard from for days now
I wish he would take Green with him.
And Jim
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

If the unfounded low whispers of a trade versus a new coach are true it could mean a few different things.

1. Cancer in the room.
2. Player has asked out - and we know Jim tends to move quickly when a guy doesn't want to be a part of the solution.
3. Aquaman is really strapped for cash and is unwilling to bleed more for a new coach.
4. Complete ineptitude.

I don't think the whispers are anything more than click bait linkster fodder though.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Mëds wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:21 pm If the unfounded low whispers of a trade versus a new coach are true it could mean a few different things.

1. Cancer in the room.
2. Player has asked out - and we know Jim tends to move quickly when a guy doesn't want to be a part of the solution.
3. Aquaman is really strapped for cash and is unwilling to bleed more for a new coach.
4. Complete ineptitude.

I don't think the whispers are anything more than click bait linkster fodder though.
My money is on the money, there’s a reason it’s been rookie coaches, and one of the smallest management teams in the league.