US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20 *AND* 22 *AND* 24

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by rats19 »

Reefer2 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:28 pm
rats19 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:05 am
Reefer2 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:02 am Donny and Kim, kissing in a tree, k I s s I n g

You just can’t make this up folks

Don and Kim in love.
Much rather have them hurtling nukes for sure
Amen to that, but you have to admit it is funny.
No, no I don’t :mex:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Jules Winnfield FTW!

:lol:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

So much for the whole self made man fairy-tale... :roll:
As the oft-told story goes, young Mr. Trump accepted a modest $1 million loan from his father, Fred, a moderately successful real estate developer from Queens, and — through smarts, hard work and sheer force of will — parlayed that loan into a multibillion-dollar global empire.

It’s a classic American tale of ambition and self-determination. Not Horatio Alger, exactly, but appealing, and impressive, nonetheless.

Except that, like so much of what Mr. Trump has been selling the American public in recent years, this origin story was a sham — a version of reality so elaborately embellished that it qualifies as fan fiction more than biography.
As Donald Trump emerged as the favorite son, Fred made special deals and arrangements to increase Donald’s fortunes in particular. The Times found that, before Donald had turned 30, he had received close to $9 million from his father. Over the longer haul, he received upward of what, in today’s dollars, would be $413 million.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/02/opin ... -fred.html
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:03 pm :blush:
ukcanuck wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:18 pm
Strangelove wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:17 am
ukcanuck wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:25 am
Strangelove wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:55 pm He's not "a suspected rapist" :scowl: and Blasey Ford is a hardcore political activist mounting a smear campaign, nothing more.

The Dems are desperate and they will fail... again.

You must be so proud. :oops:

There is an allegation and until it’s proven to be true or false how can kavanaugh sit as a Supreme Court judge?

The answer is he can’t. If a teacher was accused even falsely he would be on leave until it’s sorted out.
Well done, no doubt this is the exact reasoning some folks would use before throwing down a false accusation.

Wait until the last possible moment in proceedings and then lay down a false accusation = stall tactics.

And of course smear campaigns against one's perceived enemy have their own rewards.

I call this dirty politics...
Ha when was politics anything else ??

Tell me if the shoe was on the other foot, the republicans wouldn’t be howling with rage ?

Poor old Bill, all he got was a willing hummer and they tried to impeach the guy...

Shoulda got a medal if you ask me, have you seen the Guys wife ?? :shock:
Hey Doc two more women coming forward, that’s three accusations now...

I guess you would call that piling on.

But increasingly it looks like where there is smoke.
Funny you would go there seeing as the Clintons were accused of raping/sexually-assaulting/covering-up in the cases of 3 women.

https://metro.co.uk/2016/01/08/former-s ... r-5609171/

"Piling on" you say, "Where there's smoke" you say?

I don't recall you or yours ever being outraged about the Clintons' character over the same (actually worse - ie rape, not assault) things.

And I don't recall Republicans ever going completely berserk (in Dem fashion) over the accusations leveled at Billy.

With the Dems it's not about how much evidence there is/isn't... they just arbitrarily decide who is guilty/innocent.

They would like to change the Supreme Court into a Kangaroo Court... not gunna happen.

It's all about "feelings" with these people... are they using the wrong side of their brains... or are they just brainless?

Or is it a new devolved form of dirty politics we see when folks are possessed by Trump Derangement Syndrome. :sly:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:56 am It's all about "feelings" with these people... are they using the wrong side of their brains... or are they just brainless?

Or is it a new devolved form of dirty politics we see when folks are possessed by Trump Derangement Syndrome. :sly:
It's basically payback for Merrick Garland.

It was an unprecedented move, to refuse a hearing for a scotus nominee, for almost a full year.

Compare to how a democratic congress confirmed two nominations made by Dubya.
But Obama's nominee could not even get a hearing, much less a vote.

It was the republicans that decided to turn the confirmation of scotus nominees to dirty politics, so they shouldn't really be surprised that the other party answers in kind.

And brainless? No way. More like three dimensional chess.
At this point, if the republicans confirm Kavenaugh, they can kiss the mid terms goodbye.

So, either pull back and get a new nominee, which may face a democratic congress either way, or confirm him, without properly investing the accusations, and lose by a landslide come november. :drink:

How in the world could you call that brainless?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Per wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:33 pm It was the republicans that decided to turn the confirmation of scotus nominees to dirty politics, so they shouldn't really be surprised that the other party answers in kind.
Bork You!
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Per.. I am afraid you are going to be shown just how wrong you are ... :mex:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:33 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:56 am It's all about "feelings" with these people... are they using the wrong side of their brains... or are they just brainless?

It's basically payback for Merrick Garland.

It was an unprecedented move, to refuse a hearing for a scotus nominee, for almost a full year.
And to you that is the same as trying to destroy a man's life/reputation? :crazy:

(Garland still gets to be the Chief United States Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit)

Try using the other side of your brain or would a brain implant be more appropriate? :mrgreen:

Per wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:33 pm And brainless? No way. More like three dimensional chess.
Not good enough when the other side is playing four dimensional chess:

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/trump-is ... g-4d-chess

Per wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:33 pm At this point, if the republicans confirm Kavenaugh, they can kiss the mid terms goodbye.

So, either pull back and get a new nominee, which may face a democratic congress either way, or confirm him, without properly investing the accusations, and lose by a landslide come november. :drink:

How in the world could you call that brainless?
Actually polls are indicating the childish nasty games the Dems are playing here is going to come back to haunt them in the mid-terms.

Thank God for Trump Derangement Syndrome.

4-d chess.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kavana ... ward-shift

Kavanaugh confirmed to Supreme Court after bitter fight, securing rightward shift
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:25 pm Actually polls are indicating the childish nasty games the Dems are playing here is going to come back to haunt them in the mid-terms.
According to the new survey, 45 percent of Americans said they now believe Ford, up from 32 percent before last week’s Senate hearing. In contrast, 33 percent said they now believe Kavanaugh, a federal judge on the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals, up from 26 percent before his testimony on Capitol Hill.
“If the results of the FBI investigation are inconclusive, a majority of Americans do not think Judge Kavanaugh should be confirmed,” Miringoff said. “If the discussion remains at a ‘he said-she said’ level, the benefit of the doubt favors Ford.”
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/mor ... o-new-poll

Silver concluded that victory over Kavanaugh could lead to defeat in November: “whichever party doesn’t get its way on Kavanaugh will have more reason to feel aggrieved – and perhaps more motivation to turn out to vote.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... m-midterms

As I suggested, drop Kavanaugh and have a fair shot at the mid terms, with angry republicans turning up for the vote, or confirm Kavanaugh and lose at the mid terms, as outraged democrats turn up for the vote.

They picked option number two, it seems.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

"Actually polls are indicating the childish nasty games the Dems are playing here is going to come back to haunt them in the mid-terms."

- Strangelove

Per I was referring to this:

https://www.teaparty.org/feinstein-clea ... gh-327228/
“Just over a month away from critical elections across the country, the wide Democratic enthusiasm advantage that has defined the 2018 campaign up to this point has disappeared,” NPR writes.

The poll, from NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist, reveals more.

“In July, there was a 10-point gap between the number of Democrats and Republicans saying the November elections were ‘very important,’” NPR reports. “Now, that is down to 2 points, a statistical tie.”

In other words, before the attack on Kavanaugh, Republicans weren’t very energized about the midterms. Now, they’re all fired up.

The result of hearings, at least in the short run, is the Republican base was awakened,” explained Lee Miringoff, director of the poll for Marist Institute for Public Opinion.

Meanwhile, a crushing number of Americans strongly disapprove of the way Feinstein handled what can only be described as a public lynching of Kavanaugh.

“A majority of voters believe that Kavanaugh’s confirmation process was politicized and mishandled, with 69% calling it a ‘national disgrace,’” the Harvard CAPS – Harris group found.

In this highly divided time in our country, it seems voters have found one thing they can nearly all agree on: the role Feinstein played in this fiasco was abominable.

“75% of voters believe that Senator Diana Feinstein (sic) should have immediately turned over the letter from Christine Ford to the Senate Judiciary committee in July, when she received it,” the Harvard CAPS – Harris poll found.

Considering how difficult it is for anyone to agree on anything these days, this is a remarkable finding.
Sorry for the link, but it's hard to find a site that will acknowledge/comment on such things.

(link within the link to the actual poll)

It is commented on with impartiality here:

Republicans who think the midterms are "very important"... July: 68%... Now: 80%

Democrats who think the midterms are "very important"... July: 78%... Now: 82%

As the man says, we're 2 weeks from when the polls tend to paint a clearer picture.

But things are definitely moving in the right direction. :mex:

But interpreting polls and timely polls are just speculation about a possible future.

(remember when you were pointing to the polls just before the 2016 election, claiming Hillary was a sure thing?)

Today let us celebrate the reality of Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States Brett Kavanaugh. :towel:
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Per wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:36 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:25 pm Actually polls are indicating the childish nasty games the Dems are playing here is going to come back to haunt them in the mid-terms.
According to the new survey, 45 percent of Americans said they now believe Ford, up from 32 percent before last week’s Senate hearing. In contrast, 33 percent said they now believe Kavanaugh, a federal judge on the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals, up from 26 percent before his testimony on Capitol Hill.
“If the results of the FBI investigation are inconclusive, a majority of Americans do not think Judge Kavanaugh should be confirmed,” Miringoff said. “If the discussion remains at a ‘he said-she said’ level, the benefit of the doubt favors Ford.”
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/mor ... o-new-poll

Silver concluded that victory over Kavanaugh could lead to defeat in November: “whichever party doesn’t get its way on Kavanaugh will have more reason to feel aggrieved – and perhaps more motivation to turn out to vote.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... m-midterms

As I suggested, drop Kavanaugh and have a fair shot at the mid terms, with angry republicans turning up for the vote, or confirm Kavanaugh and lose at the mid terms, as outraged democrats turn up for the vote.

They picked option number two, it seems.
Let’s hope so.

It’s high time to turn the tide.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:56 am
ukcanuck wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:03 pm :blush:
ukcanuck wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:18 pm
Strangelove wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:17 am
ukcanuck wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:25 am
Strangelove wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:55 pm He's not "a suspected rapist" :scowl: and Blasey Ford is a hardcore political activist mounting a smear campaign, nothing more.

The Dems are desperate and they will fail... again.

You must be so proud. :oops:

There is an allegation and until it’s proven to be true or false how can kavanaugh sit as a Supreme Court judge?

The answer is he can’t. If a teacher was accused even falsely he would be on leave until it’s sorted out.
Well done, no doubt this is the exact reasoning some folks would use before throwing down a false accusation.

Wait until the last possible moment in proceedings and then lay down a false accusation = stall tactics.

And of course smear campaigns against one's perceived enemy have their own rewards.

I call this dirty politics...
Ha when was politics anything else ??

Tell me if the shoe was on the other foot, the republicans wouldn’t be howling with rage ?

Poor old Bill, all he got was a willing hummer and they tried to impeach the guy...

Shoulda got a medal if you ask me, have you seen the Guys wife ?? :shock:
Hey Doc two more women coming forward, that’s three accusations now...

I guess you would call that piling on.

But increasingly it looks like where there is smoke.
Funny you would go there seeing as the Clintons were accused of raping/sexually-assaulting/covering-up in the cases of 3 women.

https://metro.co.uk/2016/01/08/former-s ... r-5609171/

"Piling on" you say, "Where there's smoke" you say?

I don't recall you or yours ever being outraged about the Clintons' character over the same (actually worse - ie rape, not assault) things.

And I don't recall Republicans ever going completely berserk (in Dem fashion) over the accusations leveled at Billy.

With the Dems it's not about how much evidence there is/isn't... they just arbitrarily decide who is guilty/innocent.

They would like to change the Supreme Court into a Kangaroo Court... not gunna happen.

It's all about "feelings" with these people... are they using the wrong side of their brains... or are they just brainless?

It is funny, I remember republicans losing their shit over a messy dress.

But if we are keeping score, 8 years in the Whitehouse versus a life time on the Supreme Court?

To be honest, I’d rather a kangaroo court. At least a kangaroo will get it right once in a while.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:38 pm It is funny, I remember republicans losing their shit over a messy dress.
Not like this they didn't...

ukcanuck wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:38 pm But if we are keeping score, 8 years in the Whitehouse versus a life time on the Supreme Court?
WINNING :mrgreen:

ukcanuck wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:38 pm To be honest, I’d rather a kangaroo court. At least a kangaroo will get it right once in a while.
Salty! :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:44 pm
ukcanuck wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:38 pm It is funny, I remember republicans losing their shit over a messy dress.
Not like this they didn't...

ukcanuck wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:38 pm But if we are keeping score, 8 years in the Whitehouse versus a life time on the Supreme Court?
WINNING :mrgreen:

ukcanuck wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:38 pm To be honest, I’d rather a kangaroo court. At least a kangaroo will get it right once in a while.
Salty! :D
Like this !?

Impeachment?

Yeah the Connie’s are winning right now but let’s see worm turn in November.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Impeachment for what?

There are some legal opinions of Justice Kavenaugh I do not agree with, and fortunately the the courts did not agree either, but when the 11th hour sexual assault allegations fell through because there was no corroborating evidence, the focus shifted to his party habits in high school and university. That is laughable and at the same time very frightening. To witness the minutiae dissection of the high school yearbook entry was nothing short of McCarthyism.

Dr Ford could not recall a where or when, she was even unsure of the year that something may have happened to her. The four other people she placed at the party say they were not there and know nothing of the incident. Swetnick was a sick joke. Deborah Ramirez had no collaboration. All these allegations came to the public after the formal conformation hearings that examined the back ground and jurisprudence of Justice Kavenaugh.

It is no wonder that Dr Ford wished her allegations to remain secret. She knew there was nothing backing them up.

First Trump put his name forward, Dems hated him before examining his record and vowed not to have him appointed. Next came the Senate Judiciary hearings where Dems hated him and tried to get him to answer leading questions on matters that may one day face the Supreme Court. Justice Kavenaugh was smart enough to see through them.

Once it became clear they could not defeat him on his jurisprudence, out came the meritless sexual assault allegations. Calmer heads in the House saw the holes in the story. Then came the high school and university drinking. I'm even reading criticism of his silver spoon prep school upbringing as if he had a choice in those matters.

What matters in a SCOTUS associate is their ability to make sound legal decisions, not their party drinking habits in high school.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.