CC Random thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Topper »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:39 pm
Topper wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:36 pm Will they be hauled out on the carpet for their actions?
Darn tootin’!
Won't there be a flight risk?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I would actually be in favor of the BC Government appropriating houses that have been purchased by foreign owners who purposely leave them unoccupied because it's too much of a hassle for them to deal with tenants and rent checks.
The drive up from South Van from either Granville or Oak to 16th, is pathetic. All that waste of living quarters. They might wait years for a final permit to rebuild or to re-sell when the prices soar even higher and all that time they sit there with weeds all around.
Compare the same drive to 25 years ago; You wouldn't know it was the same town.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topper wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:40 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:39 pm
Topper wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:36 pm Will they be hauled out on the carpet for their actions?
Darn tootin’!
Won't there be a flight risk?
They can cab home after...it's free
If you need air...call it in
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Kind of an amusing story developing out in Surrey around the mayor McCallum. He claimed on camera to Global tv, and he reported to the police that one of the 'keep the RCMP in Surrey' people collecting signatures in front of a Save On Foods out in South Surrey had run over his foot with the tire of their vehicle. However you could sort of tell he was lying when you watched the interview and sure enough he is now under investigation on a mischief charge. Apparently the RCMP is looking at the twenty minute interview as evidence and it seems the store security cameras caught the whole thing with the vehicle and the mayor on video tape :lol:
el rey del mambo
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

donlever wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:38 am My boy Sean Penn has now waded through (at minimum)...

Leila George
Charlize Theron
Robin Wright
Jewel
Madonna
Elle MacPherson
Elizabeth McGovern

...a veritable murderers row of fine gash.

Well done lad!
Him and Johnny Depp...

Lori Allison
Sherilyn Fenn
Jennifer Grey
Winona Ryder
Juliette Lewis
Kate Moss
Naomi Campbell
Vanessa Paradis
Amber Heard

We're the same age, me and Johnny. But, yeah, what can I say...
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:02 pm
Cornuck wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:56 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:48 pm The solution is to treat it medically and support that whole segment of society accordingly. Housing, medications community supports. Nobody wants to do that and so it shall continue
Cuz gets it - and it's not about being a 'bleeding heart' - it's about concern for fellow humans, and in the long run the investments should pay back (if done properly).
Lol, Dude take a walk through DTES next time you’re up. It’s a whole lot different now. All these cute little ideas ain’t working, bottom line, they will never work
Finland has cut it's number of homeless in half over the past twenty years, by providing housing first, treatment second.
Helsinki has a goal to eliminate homelessness completely by 2025.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:42 pm Kind of an amusing story developing out in Surrey around the mayor McCallum. He claimed on camera to Global tv, and he reported to the police that one of the 'keep the RCMP in Surrey' people collecting signatures in front of a Save On Foods out in South Surrey had run over his foot with the tire of their vehicle. However you could sort of tell he was lying when you watched the interview and sure enough he is now under investigation on a mischief charge. Apparently the RCMP is looking at the twenty minute interview as evidence and it seems the store security cameras caught the whole thing with the vehicle and the mayor on video tape :lol:
That would be funny and I hope it is true.

he seems like an vindictive kind of guy who only ran for mayor to get rid of the RCMP.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Per wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:26 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:02 pm
Cornuck wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:56 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:48 pm The solution is to treat it medically and support that whole segment of society accordingly. Housing, medications community supports. Nobody wants to do that and so it shall continue
Cuz gets it - and it's not about being a 'bleeding heart' - it's about concern for fellow humans, and in the long run the investments should pay back (if done properly).
Lol, Dude take a walk through DTES next time you’re up. It’s a whole lot different now. All these cute little ideas ain’t working, bottom line, they will never work
Finland has cut it's number of homeless in half over the past twenty years, by providing housing first, treatment second.
Helsinki has a goal to eliminate homelessness completely by 2025.
You can't compare Finland to Canada, totally different types of countries. If Canada wants to cut down on homeless they need to do what is needed to be done and don't worry about the bleeding hearts and it won't be cheap. Would also have to look at the immigration policy and see if there is any link between the 2 and fix those but then again the bleeding hearts will all crying.

What ever is going on the Government should not lead this but just pay the bills, anything they do costs 3 - 4 times what others can do it for. Bureaucracy in all level of governments is mind blown.
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

donlever wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:14 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:09 pm
donlever wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:07 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:05 pm Donny, Ole Chef won’t be retiring in this city, it’s fucked
Nor will I brother...
Our grandchildren will take a beating in this God forsaken place.
Kids already planned to pull up stakes, move Northward with his old lady and start a family/life up there.

Grandkid 1 will be the first member of our family tree to not be born at Lions Gate since 1961.
Read a good article in The Atlantic which I believe applies to Canada and metro Vancouver:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ng/620382/

I have a shitload of things to do, will be back later for further discussion.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

2Fingers wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:53 am You can't compare Finland to Canada, totally different types of countries.
Cold winters, hockey as religion, forests full of bears, rivers full of salmon, proud of beating the Russians, doing better than most in the pandemic, known as rugged outdoor types who don’t mind chugging beer, officially bilingual countries (albeit in reality less than 10% speak the other language), most of the centre of the country is really really flat, forestry and mining is big business, youngish PMs referred to as hot by US media... yeah, seems like totally different types of countries. :roll:

Finnish PM Sanna Marin
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Per wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:15 pm
2Fingers wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:53 am You can't compare Finland to Canada, totally different types of countries.
Cold winters, hockey as religion, forests full of bears, rivers full of salmon, proud of beating the Russians, doing better than most in the pandemic, known as rugged outdoor types who don’t mind chugging beer, officially bilingual countries (albeit in reality less than 10% speak the other language), most of the centre of the country is really really flat, forestry and mining is big business, youngish PMs referred to as hot by US media... yeah, seems like totally different types of countries. :roll:

Finnish PM Sanna Marin
Finland 338,145 sq km, Canada 10M sq km - Canada 2,853% larger
Finland 5.5M people, Canada 38M
Finland allowed in 33k people in 2020, Canada 300k

Without going into all the economics of where the immigrants come from and as I do not know or f that is positive or negative contribution to local homelessness you cannot compare Finland to Canada. Not saying some or many of their ideas is not good but the cost will be significant taking into account that we have homelessness in all major cities in the country.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Sure Reef...but Pers on point about one thing at least.

Their leader is hotter than ours and well worth a shag.

Although Cuz would possibly do JT if he was dead....
DeLevering since 1999.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I'd do JT if it meant he'd die.
Last edited by Topper on Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

You're welcome.

I'm possibly the best straight man here....
DeLevering since 1999.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

2Fingers wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:44 am
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:42 pm Kind of an amusing story developing out in Surrey around the mayor McCallum. He claimed on camera to Global tv, and he reported to the police that one of the 'keep the RCMP in Surrey' people collecting signatures in front of a Save On Foods out in South Surrey had run over his foot with the tire of their vehicle. However you could sort of tell he was lying when you watched the interview and sure enough he is now under investigation on a mischief charge. Apparently the RCMP is looking at the twenty minute interview as evidence and it seems the store security cameras caught the whole thing with the vehicle and the mayor on video tape :lol:
That would be funny and I hope it is true.

he seems like an vindictive kind of guy who only ran for mayor to get rid of the RCMP.
I think it has the potential to be a very entertaining story. This mayor seems like a stereotypically corrupt, greasy civic politician. I've read about him keeping Uber out of Surrey by fining the drivers to protect the taxi industry as well as keeping legal cannabis stores out to protect the Surrey gang monopoly on weed and refusing to discuss either issue with the public.

I'll enjoy watch this guy burn.
el rey del mambo