Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by mr perfect »

Carl Yagro wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:58 pm Gudbranson was probably brought in to wipe Tkachuk's bum.

Someone has to clean up all the shit that KTurtle starts. Sure as hell Johnny Hokey and Sean Mono won't be diving into the fray.
I though that was Lucic's job, Carl. Has Milan said he's not interested in earning his $6 mil? Generally Gudbranson can handle himself but he didn't do much in the way of enforcement for the Canucks, he was absent when Pettersen was getting cheap shotted in his rookie season.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

LOL, forgot Milan was still playing :lol:
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Carl Yagro wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:18 pm LOL, forgot Milan was still playing :lol:
With his recent play, easy to do.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Winger Brady Tkachuk has signed a seven-year, $57.5-million deal with the Ottawa Senators, the team announced Thursday.
Keith had a couple of little brats didn't he.
"evolution"
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Micky wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:38 am
Winger Brady Tkachuk has signed a seven-year, $57.5-million deal with the Ottawa Senators, the team announced Thursday.
Keith had a couple of little brats didn't he.
I didn't think the Sens would be able to sign Brady.

I wonder if that will spur Matt and the Flames to sign. I think the big hold up with anything happening in Calgary, including their lack of making any significant deals over the summer, is that they are waiting on something to happen with Eichel. I really hope they don't get him, as I think the team that finally acquires Eichel will have massively overpaid for him, and there is a good chance that he will not be as good after surgery.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Sounds like the met in the middle ground in terms of money.

Sens offered $8 on a long term and the Tkachuks were rumoured to be asking for north of $8.5 in negotiations.

They will be an exciting teams for years to come with their top picks becoming the core, much like the Canucks.

Still can't get over our "fans" ripping JB over our RFA signings. This is how contract negotiations work these days with your top players. The prospect of missing games in the regular season gets them to finally negotiate and give a little to get it done.

At the end of the day, it was never that far apart. So why does it take so long?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

What a disgusting display of intentional tanking the Coyotes are. The League should throw the book at them. It would be a shame to see any of Wright, Lambert, Bedard, Michkov, Fantilli end up in that shit show
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Carl Yagro wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:33 am Sounds like the met in the middle ground in terms of money.

Sens offered $8 on a long term and the Tkachuks were rumoured to be asking for north of $8.5 in negotiations.

They will be an exciting teams for years to come with their top picks becoming the core, much like the Canucks.

Still can't get over our "fans" ripping JB over our RFA signings. This is how contract negotiations work these days with your top players. The prospect of missing games in the regular season gets them to finally negotiate and give a little to get it done.

At the end of the day, it was never that far apart. So why does it take so long?
Agreed, Benning did fine with those deals. The leaves messed up the market when Dubas got bent over by Matthews and Marner and now the whole league is paying for it.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Will the Coyotes win a game this season?

I see that Barrett Hayton wasn’t in the starting lineup?

The Sea of Terrible 5th overall draft picks

Juolevi
Hayton
Turcotte
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:57 am Will the Coyotes win a game this season?

I see that Barrett Hayton wasn’t in the starting lineup?

The Sea of Terrible 5th overall draft picks

Juolevi
Hayton
Turcotte
Wasn't Pettersson a 5OA?
If you need air...call it in
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Charlie McAvoy just got 8 x $9.5M :shock: :shock:

$76M seems a bit too much for him. Guys like Makar and Heiskenen are definitely a notch above. I think those contracts will age well. Not sure about McAvoy's... but likely still better than what Nurse or Seth Jones contracts will look like in a few years.

Damn, we got great value for Quinn.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Carl Yagro wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:14 am Charlie McAvoy just got 8 x $9.5M :shock: :shock:

$76M seems a bit too much for him. Guys like Makar and Heiskenen are definitely a notch above.

Damn, we got great value for Quinn.
We really did. McAvoy isn't as dynamic with the skating but he's got the heavy man's game that Quinn really can't. None the less. we did lock up Hughes for a long time which shows how much he want's to be here.
"evolution"
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Huge head-to-head match-up early this morning in what many expected to be the Fight for Wright between Arizona and Buffalo. In their first games Arizona was pounded by Columbus, and Buffalo shocked Montreal. So it looks like Buffalo may be more real than most people expected (or the Habs may really suck without Price?). Today’s match-up (if you don’t nod off) could really tell the tale of the tank. Win or lose this is Loui’s time to shine!
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:00 am Huge head-to-head match-up early this morning in what many expected to be the Fight for Wright between Arizona and Buffalo. In their first games Arizona was pounded by Columbus, and Buffalo shocked Montreal. So it looks like Buffalo may be more real than most people expected (or the Habs may really suck without Price?). Today’s match-up (if you don’t nod off) could really tell the tale of the tank. Win or lose this is Loui’s time to shine!
I was surprised they didn’t give him the Capitancy to motivate the team for this run.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:00 am Huge head-to-head match-up early this morning in what many expected to be the Fight for Wright between Arizona and Buffalo. In their first games Arizona was pounded by Columbus, and Buffalo shocked Montreal. So it looks like Buffalo may be more real than most people expected (or the Habs may really suck without Price?). Today’s match-up (if you don’t nod off) could really tell the tale of the tank. Win or lose this is Loui’s time to shine!
Also weberless
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….