Canucks Contracts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

2Fingers wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:35 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:21 am I reckon this is Myers last year in Van unless he inexplicably turns it around and starts living up to his cap hit. They'll need his dough for BB/Horvat/Miller/Hoglander
Agreed with this, he needs to play top minutes against the opposing top lines and keep it simple to earn his $$. Again I hope TG comes up with a better game plan that supports his D as this will go along way on making the playoffs.
That is the 89 million dollar question isnt it.

I'm still more than a little surprised that they extended the coach. If i recall the players spoke up for him during exit interviews and figure this has the most to do with that
If you need air...call it in
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Yeah, I was a bit surprised Green came back too. If the players spoke for him though, the Canucks made the right decision in bringing him back then and not giving him a long contract.

Very quiet on the Petey and Hughes front though, doesn't Dhaliwal have any 'inside scoop' from the agent to share? Not sure if the silence is a good or bad thing though.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

theman wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:50 am Yeah, I was a bit surprised Green came back too. If the players spoke for him though, the Canucks made the right decision in bringing him back then and not giving him a long contract.

Very quiet on the Petey and Hughes front though, doesn't Dhaliwal have any 'inside scoop' from the agent to share? Not sure if the silence is a good or bad thing though.
If JB runs true to form on his bigger RFA contracts, I would imagine that it gets sorted in the next week to 10 days. No cause for panic yet. Both Quinn and Petey know that if they want the team to get a good start, missing training camp is bad for everyone. And those guys want to win.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:07 am
theman wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:50 am Yeah, I was a bit surprised Green came back too. If the players spoke for him though, the Canucks made the right decision in bringing him back then and not giving him a long contract.

If JB runs true to form on his bigger RFA contracts, I would imagine that it gets sorted in the next week to 10 days. No cause for panic yet. Both Quinn and Petey know that if they want the team to get a good start, missing training camp is bad for everyone. And those guys want to win.
If Petey ever gets on a plane to Vancouver, then we know it is close.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

theman wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:20 am

Quinn was seen at a football game with his brother I think, on the weekend in the US somewhere. They showed it on the Donny and Donnie & Dhali show yesterday.
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Micky wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:40 am

Quinn was seen at a football game with his brother I think, on the weekend in the US somewhere. They showed it on the Donny and Donnie & Dhali show yesterday.
Is Ghomer moving from ‘news breaking reporter’ to paparazzi now?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

“Donny, Donnie and Dhali”
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:53 am
Micky wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:40 am

Is Ghomer moving from ‘news breaking reporter’ to paparazzi now?
just wait until you see the pictures
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

You would think that "Golden Throat" Ghomer would get tired of taking it from everyone on this board and stop #Postcount..

But then you remember some of the gems he has stood by..
"Joulevi > Hughes"
"PK pin on the boards..."
...and you just know he will be back for another round of group throat pumpings.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:58 am You would think that "Golden Throat" Ghomer would get tired of taking it from everyone on this board and stop #Postcount..

"Joulevi > Hughes"
...and you just know he will be back for another round of group throat pumpings.
You are just way too weird. Like a fetish. Very alarming. Get help! Your puke will not alter how I post or don't post. What a disgusting individual.
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Micky wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:15 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:58 am You would think that "Golden Throat" Ghomer would get tired of taking it from everyone on this board and stop #Postcount..

"Joulevi > Hughes"
You are just way too weird. Like a fetish. Very alarming. Get help! Your puke will not alter how I post or don't post. What a disgusting individual.
Now you want my puke in your Golden Throat?!?!?? THAT'S a fetish if I have ever heard of one!

Perhaps if you just contain the #Postcount to your playpen then you can stop guzzling throat yogurt from everyone on the board... unless perhaps you like it, or your too whacked out listening to the crooning of Jim Neighbors singing softly in your ear while gumming down rainbow skittles and purple crayons...
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Leaked rumour from a legitimate source is both contracts are close to done.

EP is 8x3 and QH is 8x8

Good enough, drop the puck
If you need air...call it in
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:57 pm Leaked rumour from a legitimate source is both contracts are close to done.

EP is 8x3 and QH is 8x8

Phew… 100k to spare… :wink:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

You leaking this before Goden Froat does?!

Watch out. Golden Gomes Gummy wrapping around your 'shroom...
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:57 pm Leaked rumour from a legitimate source is both contracts are close to done.

EP is 8x3 and QH is 8x8

Petey at 8x 3 is not a good deal. Shave a million off that for sure.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”