Canucks Contracts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Madcombinepilot »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:30 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:15 pm Also, looking at the current roster, who is taken by Seattle? Perhaps we lose one of Beagle or Myers because that’s the best we have to give?

I haven’t really looked at who we need to protect, but we are losing someone who counts against the cap.
If Im Ronnie Franchise I steal Kole Lind. He has some potential
Perhaps.. but there are better players for rosters than Lind
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Cherry Picker wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:22 pm Here’s a possible roster for next year using the numbers discussed above, but without factoring in the player lost in the expansion draft. It’s pretty tight and my numbers may be off, but if not, they could still fit Edler at 3.5, but they wouldn’t have a replacement for Pearson beyond Podkolzin unless Lind or Gadjovich can do the job. A Virtanen buy out would give other possibilities.

FORWARDS (13)
Right wing: Brock Boeser ($5,875,000) - Vasily Podkolzin ($925,000) - Jake Virtanen ($2,550,000) - Zack MacEwen ($825,000)
Centre: Elias Pettersson ($6,000,000) - Bo Horvat ($5,500,000) - Adam Gaudette ($1,000,000) - Jay Beagle ($3,000,000)
Left wing: J.T. Miller ($5,250,000) - Nils Höglander ($891,667) - Jayce Hawryluk ($1,000,000) - Tyler Motte ($1,225,000) - Antoine Roussel ($3,000,000)

DEFENSE (8)
Right: Travis Hamonic ($1,500,000) - Nate Schmidt ($5,950,000) - Tyler Myers ($6,000,000) - Nikita Tryamkin ($2,000,000)
Left: Quinn Hughes ($6,000,000) - Alexander Edler ($3,500,000) - Olli Juolevi ($1,000,000) - Jack Rathbone ($925,000)

GOALTENDER (2)
Thatcher Demko ($6,200,000) - Braden Holtby ($4,300,000)

BUYOUTS (1)
Loui Eriksson ($4,000,000)

DETAILS
Roster Size: 23
Salary Cap: $81,500,000
Cap Hit: $81,451,879
Cap Space: $48,121
Well done. The challenge will be 3rd line center and filling that spot with a solid two way guy who can play the pk as Gaudette doesn't appear to be the right fit there. That's the biggest hole on the team. Move on from Virtanen, allocate those dollars and more if they can to the center, then slide Gaudette to the right side. Hopefully they find more toughness along the way too.

On defense, I think someone's going to offer Edler more and maybe he takes it if it's Seattle or even Calgary. Do you think Tryamkin signs without some type of assurance around being in the lineup at least to start for a good look?
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:11 pm I can see Van trading Myers and for sure there would be a market for him even at 6. He makes too much for what he brings to van and Jimmy needs that space.

Its too bad as hes valuable in the lineup but having 3 big tickets coming due at the same time will necessitate some more dramatic changes.
Myers and Schmidt have virtually the same cap hit, I see better value from Myers than from Schmidt. A solid, not-spectacular, 22-minute defenceman who plays gnasty in the playoffs and scores ~30 points is worth $6 mil. A solid, not-spectacular, 19-20 minute defenceman who skates like the wind and scores ~20 points is not worth $5.95 mil, imo.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Curmudgeon wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:29 pm
Hopefully they find more toughness along the way too.
There is no question they are lacking in this area. Have for a very long time. They could do with a couple of guys that can administer a retaliatory

answer when needed and the team in general needs a bit of an attitude adjustment in how to handle opposition players targeting our best players.

There's a token response usually but sometimes it takes more. We are fortunate the officials being used in the North division seem to be whistle happy.

Note; I aint talkin hired goons here. Just that it's noticeable we could do with some sand paper even if that is "party" saying attitude adjustment.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

For JT Miller and Horvat's future contracts, looking at comparables:

ROR - $7.5M
Anders Lee - $7M
Landeskog - $7M
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

SKYO wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:49 pm For JT Miller and Horvat's future contracts, looking at comparables:

ROR - $7.5M
Anders Lee - $7M
Landeskog - $7M
I like the Landeskog comp - both occupy very key positions on the team but not necessarily the offensive superstar, Miller will be two years older though. Hopefully Miller doesn't take the 8-year term to get done at that cap hit.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ESQ wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:03 pm
SKYO wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:49 pm For JT Miller and Horvat's future contracts, looking at comparables:

ROR - $7.5M
Anders Lee - $7M
Landeskog - $7M
I like the Landeskog comp - both occupy very key positions on the team but not necessarily the offensive superstar, Miller will be two years older though. Hopefully Miller doesn't take the 8-year term to get done at that cap hit.
Can't see it happening. Either he wants to be here and thinks there's a Cup in the future in Vancouver, or he's not back at all because I can't see Elmer giving him 8 years.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Mëds wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:42 pm

ROR - $7.5M
Anders Lee - $7M
Landeskog - $7M
Can't see it happening. Either he wants to be here and thinks there's a Cup in the future in Vancouver, or he's not back at all because I can't see Elmer giving him 8 years.
If Pod is a 60 point power forward, I think we let JT walk. Signing him for more than 3 or 4 years would be a big mistake, if he stays.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Tciso wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:54 pm

ROR - $7.5M
Anders Lee - $7M
Landeskog - $7M
If Pod is a 60 point power forward, I think we let JT walk. Signing him for more than 3 or 4 years would be a big mistake, if he stays.
Yeah, I agree, no more than 4 more.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I can see a day where we have to let both Boeser and Miller go. Theres only so much paper on that joint
If you need air...call it in
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Okay, I need a pick me up, any word/rumours on the contract talks with Pettersson and Hughes?
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Mëds wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:30 am
Tciso wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:54 pm

ROR - $7.5M
Anders Lee - $7M
Landeskog - $7M
Yeah, I agree, no more than 4 more.
I still don't think they can afford him, my prediction is that the Canucks do not trade him at TDD and during the summer they cannot agree on length or $$ and he leaves for another team on a deal none of us would have wanted him signed for. Fans will riot because JB did not get anything for him.

All of this changes if the Canucks make it to the third round because the only reason JB kept him is for the playoffs. Other GM's trade 1st round picks and then some for the ability to get someone like him just for the playoffs.

My preference is that JB start the negotiations on the 1st day he can and see if they can come to an agreement or at least know where they stand. If there is no agreement then move him because I still do not see all the pieces on this team to make a cup run. He can bring back a lot IMO so sell high and recoup some assets and use the money to bring in a defender.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:53 am I can see a day where we have to let both Boeser and Miller go. Theres only so much paper on that joint
Maybe Miller in a few years if he's losing it but why Boeser? Not only within the top three players on the team but a tremendous team-mate as well.
Of course if a GM wants to get fired to move somewhere else I suppose .......LOL
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I reckon this is Myers last year in Van unless he inexplicably turns it around and starts living up to his cap hit. They'll need his dough for BB/Horvat/Miller/Hoglander
If you need air...call it in
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:21 am I reckon this is Myers last year in Van unless he inexplicably turns it around and starts living up to his cap hit. They'll need his dough for BB/Horvat/Miller/Hoglander
Agreed with this, he needs to play top minutes against the opposing top lines and keep it simple to earn his $$. Again I hope TG comes up with a better game plan that supports his D as this will go along way on making the playoffs.