lets be honest kids, Markus Naslund is not an elite player

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

...and I'm getting pretty fucking tired of seeing Mes raise the cup over our boys as James' tag, who comes on a canuck board with that?

Trolls
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

don't like all this negative talk lately, and when it comes to naslund, it really bugs me. This guy is our Captain, team leader, the heart and soul of our team for the past few years. He's still producing, and he's still top-line material on any team in the league. He's been a class-act, and I personally am glad that we've got him on our team, it looks like he'll retire a canuck, and as one of our all-time greatest.
Thats a fair comment for sure ...

Grizz
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Badfish wrote:...and I'm getting pretty fucking tired of seeing Mes raise the cup over our boys as James' tag, who comes on a canuck board with that?

Trolls
I hear ya badfish. I questioned it a few weeks ago. Just doesn't make sense for a Canucks fan to like that image. There's nothing wrong with being a Messier fan but of all his great moments why the hell would you choose the one that's most painful to Canuck fans? There's nothing worse than seeing him hoist that cup over the defeated Canuck team - the closest we ever came.
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

yea... it's a slow burn... :bang:
Tukaram
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Tukaram »

If you're using Firefox, you can use AdBlock to block out images you find offensive. ;)
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

Badfish wrote:Sure if he was up for a new contract tomorrow hewouldn't be getting 6 mil, maybe closer the 4.5 mentioned above. Had we let him walk because we hadn't offered him the new big contract at the time we all would've lost our minds.
Not only do I agree, but I think this scenario half-played out on this website when Tom Benjamin suggested it was a mistake to re-sign Näslund, and that the Canucks should have signed Kariya in his stead for cheaper, kept Brent Sopel, and tried to retain Marek Malik. He got attacked like nothing else for suggesting as much.
Badfish wrote:So I know I ramble allot, but what I'm trying to say here is that we shouldn't hold his contract against him.
Agreed... we were in no position to lowball the face of the franchise. Had Vancouver not offered him the $6 mill, someone else would have anyway.
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

The Canucks had their shot in 02-03 and really blew it.

But that's a different topic...or is it?

Should I get another picture then?
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

If you wouldn't mind Sam, it'd make me hate your posts less I think ;)
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

There, new picture.

and my name isn't Sam.
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

...set myself up for that one

still, what a tool.

Forgot the golden rule:

Don't feed the trolls!
Wikipedia wrote:"Trolling is a game about identity deception, albeit one that is played without the consent of most of the players. <b>The troll attempts to pass as a legitimate participant, sharing the group's common interests and concerns; the newsgroups members, if they are cognizant of trolls and other identity deceptions, attempt to both distinguish real from trolling postings,</b> and upon judging a poster a troll, make the offending poster leave the group. Their success at the former depends on how well they — and the troll — understand identity cues; their success at the latter depends on whether the troll's enjoyment is sufficiently diminished or outweighed by the costs imposed by the group.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Should have known better
Image :roll:
Tukaram
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Tukaram »

Another image for the AdBlock pile. Keep 'em coming!
Rising Sun Canuck
CC Rookie

Post by Rising Sun Canuck »

Tukaram wrote:If you're using Firefox, you can use AdBlock to block out images you find offensive. ;)
I wonder if firefox has a LEAF block?
Rising Sun Canuck
CC Rookie

Post by Rising Sun Canuck »

Badfish wrote:...set myself up for that one

still, what a tool.

Forgot the golden rule:

Don't feed the trolls!
Wikipedia wrote:"Trolling is a game about identity deception, albeit one that is played without the consent of most of the players. <b>The troll attempts to pass as a legitimate participant, sharing the group's common interests and concerns; the newsgroups members, if they are cognizant of trolls and other identity deceptions, attempt to both distinguish real from trolling postings,</b> and upon judging a poster a troll, make the offending poster leave the group. Their success at the former depends on how well they — and the troll — understand identity cues; their success at the latter depends on whether the troll's enjoyment is sufficiently diminished or outweighed by the costs imposed by the group.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Should have known better
Image :roll:
I least he has stopped calling us "kids"....no sure if the Messier pics or worse or perpetually being addressed as "Kid" like my 8th grade Science teacher did...*shudder- I still remember your hairy mustache....*
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Tukaram wrote:Another image for the AdBlock pile. Keep 'em coming!
You are my hero! Best thing since sliced bread right there.
Tukaram
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Tukaram »

Rising Sun Canuck wrote:
Tukaram wrote:If you're using Firefox, you can use AdBlock to block out images you find offensive. ;)
I wonder if firefox has a LEAF block?
For now, we have to rely on the playoffs for that. :D