Seattle Expansion/Canucks players

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Seattle Expansion/Canucks players

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Gomer needs a line like he needs a hole in his helmet.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:37 pm Gomer needs a line like he needs a hole in his helmet.
What's a helmet? . Image
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:24 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:17 pm
Micky wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:08 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:28 pm
Micky wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:40 pm this was the same as Vegas.
Yeahno, those games-played numbers have been changed (pro-rated) due to the shortened seasons Micky.
Damn! I forgot to fix the number of games. Got side tracked. Sorry.
So it's not "the same as Vegas". :drink:
You should have used a Mëds line for mick.
Mëds wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:07 pm But hey.....at least you can admit when you're wrong.
Yeah, Micky wasn't wrong about the numbers in his post about numbers

... he just "forgot to fix" those numbers. :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

https://canucksarmy.com/2021/04/16/post ... ion-draft/
Forwards who get protected?
It’s a coin-flip, really, but at this point we predict that Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat, Miller, Pearson, Lind, and Motte are protected.

Who gets exposed?
The contracted forwards left available for selection would be the aforementioned MacEwen and Gadjovich, along with Jake Virtanen, Jay Beagle, Antoine Roussel, and Matthew Highmore. Pending RFAs Lukas Jasek, Jayce Hawryluk, Justin Bailey, and Petrus Palmu are also eligible to be selected whether they are qualified or not.

Dmen who get protected?
This one should be easy: it’s Schmidt, Myers, and Juolevi.

Who gets exposed?
The newly acquired Madison Bowey, along with pending RFA Guillaume Brisebois.

Demko protected, Holtby exposed.

Who gets picked?
MacEwen.
But I'd protect Gadjo over Motte myself. Seattle's Ron Francis could go for JV though.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

SKYO wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:56 am https://canucksarmy.com/2021/04/16/post ... ion-draft/
It’s a coin-flip, really, but at this point we predict that Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat, Miller, Pearson, Lind, and Motte are protected.

Who gets exposed?
The contracted forwards left available for selection would be the aforementioned MacEwen and Gadjovich, along with Jake Virtanen, Jay Beagle, Antoine Roussel, and Matthew Highmore. Pending RFAs Lukas Jasek, Jayce Hawryluk, Justin Bailey, and Petrus Palmu are also eligible to be selected whether they are qualified or not.

Dmen who get protected?

Who gets exposed?

Who gets picked?
MacEwen.
But I'd protect Gadjo over Motte myself. Seattle's Ron Francis could go for JV though.

If that’s the case, you move JV before expansion to somewhere out east.

Hate for him to figure it out and then play 6 games a year against us.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:56 am https://canucksarmy.com/2021/04/16/post ... ion-draft/

Who gets exposed?

Dmen who get protected?

Who gets exposed?

Who gets picked?
MacEwen.
Canucks Army fucked up, Gadjovich doesn't require protection, he won't be available to Seattle...
____
Try to focus on someday.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:37 am

Who gets exposed?

Dmen who get protected?

Who gets exposed?

Who gets picked?
MacEwen.
Canucks Army fucked up, Gadjovich doesn't require protection...
Good, especially with how he is playing this season.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Can we gage the progress of the Canucks under Benning by comparing Las Vegas expansion draft where we didn’t have to worry about who to expose and the Seattle draft where maybe we might actually give up a living breathing body.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Who gets exposed?

Dmen who get protected?

Who gets exposed?

Who gets picked?
MacEwen.
Canucks Army fucked up, Gadjovich doesn't require protection, he won't be available to Seattle...
This is good news. The kid has improved steadily over the last two years. I wonder why Lind has to be protected when they are basically the same age and drafted in the same year. Is it something to do with when they signed their contracts? Too lazy to look it up.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

At this point, I'd say it's down to either Virtanen or Holtby getting picked. I don't think the "prospects" being exposed will be worth the gamble.

Both contracts are back-loaded (higher real salary in year 2 than year 1), which makes them slightly less desirable perhaps, but I'm pretty sure at least some cap space will be created.

I still say we should trade them Schmidt in exchange for taking Loui, then go shopping ... :drink:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ESQ wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:32 am At this point, I'd say it's down to either Virtanen or Holtby getting picked. I don't think the "prospects" being exposed will be worth the gamble.

Both contracts are back-loaded (higher real salary in year 2 than year 1), which makes them slightly less desirable perhaps, but I'm pretty sure at least some cap space will be created.

I still say we should trade them Schmidt in exchange for taking Loui, then go shopping ... :drink:
Shopping for who?

The list of quality defencemen available via free agency isn't amazing. Here's a short list with player's age at the start of next season.

Halmilton (RH) 29 years old.
Barrie (RH) 30 years old.
Montour (RH) 27 years old.
Zadorov (LH) 26 years old.
Murray (LH) 28 years old.

There are a few older guys out there in the same category as Edler, and then some other options as RFA's.....but we can't afford the compensation, and frankly none of them would be worth the compensation that would come with the salary required to get them here via an offer-sheet.

Beyond that I don't see any that would even be on the same level as Schmidt, and frankly they are all going to cost at least as much in free agency.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:30 am

Who gets exposed?

Dmen who get protected?

Who gets exposed?

Who gets picked?
MacEwen.
This is good news. The kid has improved steadily over the last two years. I wonder why Lind has to be protected when they are basically the same age and drafted in the same year. Is it something to do with when they signed their contracts? Too lazy to look it up.
Yeah that's what it is. I don't have the rule at my fingertips but basically the Canucks were able to 'slide' a year of Gadjovich's entry level contract because of when it was signed. This buy's Gadj another year of AHL development without exposing him on waivers. Lind being drafted as high as he was probably wanted to get through his entry level contract as fast as possible so he could start making the big bucks. I guess players with late birthdates can manipulate this whichever way they think is advantageous.
el rey del mambo
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Mëds wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:53 pm
Beyond that I don't see any that would even be on the same level as Schmidt, and frankly they are all going to cost at least as much in free agency.
I think they'll all come in at less than $6 million, and will likely fit the team better than leftie-rightie Schmidt does - other than Hamilton, who may get crazy money.

There will also be plenty of trade activity I think, and if we go in with major cap space, we have a lot more flexibility to take advantage of the flat cap.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:25 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:37 am Canucks Army fucked up, Gadjovich doesn't require protection, he won't be available to Seattle...
Yeah that's what it is. I don't have the rule at my fingertips but basically the Canucks were able to 'slide' a year of Gadjovich's entry level contract because of when it was signed. This buy's Gadj another year of AHL development without exposing him on waivers. Lind being drafted as high as he was probably wanted to get through his entry level contract as fast as possible so he could start making the big bucks. I guess players with late birthdates can manipulate this whichever way they think is advantageous.
Yeah, the difference between Gadjovich and Lind is that Lind is on the 3rd year of his ELC and Gad is on his 2nd.

Every once in awhile a player with 3 NA seasons is exempt in an X-Draft (it happened with Hagg in the Vegas draft).

I just checked and pretty much everywhere Gadjovich is listed as non-exempt. They're all wrong IMESHO (Ever So).

EDIT: Yeahno, they're right, Gad does require protection.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:08 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:25 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:37 am Canucks Army fucked up, Gadjovich doesn't require protection, he won't be available to Seattle...
Yeah, the difference between Gadjovich and Lind is that Lind is on the 3rd year of his ELC and Gad is on his 2nd.

Every once in awhile a player with 3 NA seasons is exempt in an X-Draft (it happened with Hagg in the Vegas draft).

I just checked and pretty much everywhere Gadjovich is listed as non-exempt. They're all wrong IMESHO (Ever So).
Yeah, Gadjovich gets a fourth year of waiver exemption somehow do to the timing of his signing that entry deal. Detroit had a late birthdate Czech player at one time whose name escapes me that also had a fourth year of exemption. It's a loophole in the CBA, both Lind and Gadjovich have played three full years in Utica and are about a week apart in age. ELC I presume also means expansion draft exempt. I've known about the slide in Gadjovich's contract for a while now but I didn't realize he didn't need to be protected in the expansion draft until now.

By the way, these folks that think we should protect Kole Lind over Jake Virtanen, I don't know what they're smoking but I'm sure I don't want any of it.
el rey del mambo