2021 TDD

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

2021 TDD

Post by SKYO »

April 12th, noon PST deadline.

Big trade today for Lou.
The Islanders acquired Kyle Palmieri and Travis Zajac from the Devils for their 2021 first-round pick, A.J. Greer, and Mason Jobst, and a conditional fourth-round pick in 2022.

NJD will retain 50% of their salaries.

https://eyesonisles.com/2021/04/07/isla ... ey-devils/
Now we wait to see where Taylor Hall will go, along with Ekholm, Granlund etc.

TRADE WATCH LIST 2021
TOP 40
https://www.thefourthperiod.com/trade-watch-list-2021
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: 2021 TDD

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Any tall d man blasters for sale?
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

I will be surprised if the Canucks make a single move now.

Will be surprised if there are more than 15 transactions league wide.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

LeBrun saying Chicago getting Connolly.
Hearing Florida/Chicago have a tentative trade in place.

Hawks would be getting Brett Connolly and Riley Stillman as part of the package. More parts to the deal.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Detailed trade for the Hawks and Panthers via Dan Rosen:
Panthers - Blackhawks trade is official.

Florida gets D Lucas Carlsson and F Lucas Wallmark from Chicago

for

F Brett Connolly, D Riley Stillman, the restricted free agent rights to forward Henrik Borgstrom and a 2021 seventh-round draft pick.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

I don't think the Flames will make any major moves at the trade deadline. Maybe they will send some of their mediocre UFAs out for some late round draft picks, but that's about it.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

BCExpat wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:54 am I don't think the Flames will make any major moves at the trade deadline. Maybe they will send some of their mediocre UFAs out for some late round draft picks, but that's about it.
Jim Benning, "You can do that?!"
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Is it too early to lock this thread? :D

It will almost be worth watching TSN's TDD show to see them fill airtime. :thumbs: Maybe a drinking game could be devised?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Cornuck wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:24 am Is it too early to lock this thread? :D

It will almost be worth watching TSN's TDD show to see them fill airtime. :thumbs: Maybe a drinking game could be devised?
I would be strangely comfortable with this idea
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Palmieri and Zajac should help shore up the Islanders. Probably a pretty uneventful Monday shaping up.
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

BCExpat wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:54 am I don't think the Flames will make any major moves at the trade deadline. Maybe they will send some of their mediocre UFAs out for some late round draft picks, but that's about it.
Treliving said this:
Salim Valji of TSN: Calgary Flames GM Brad Treliving if their goal is the Stanley Cup next season or will they look at the possibility of a rebuild or reset.

“We’re going to go about . We’ve got a trade deadline that’s upon us on Monday so we’ll look at seeing what if anything takes place there and then we continue to work at it every day.

Like I said to you earlier, Salim, I’m not going to start making any big proclamations about the direction of the team. We’ve got 30 per cent of our schedule left here so that’s the focus, is on the ice right now. What we do behind the scenes, those are conversations that we continue to have everyday of how do we make our team better. In terms of making any proclamations on the direction of the team, we’ll save that for another day.”

“Well, we’ve got good players that are underperforming. Certainly any player can be moved. You hear that all the time in our business, but we certainly have players right now that we think are good players but are underperforming.
Basically a lot of fluff, just seeing how the season will go.

NYI still trying to get Taylor Hall lol according to Dreger on Insider Trading.

Lou going all-in this TDD if he manages that.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Will Treyliving survive this off-season i wonder. They threw huge money at the ex canux and it hasnt worked out at all. A full rebuild is due but here you guys are with all these brand newly acquired assets that dont belong on a rebuilding team.

The GM should be turfed
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:21 pm
Will Treyliving survive this off-season i wonder. They threw huge money at the ex canux and it hasnt worked out at all. A full rebuild is due but here you guys are with all these brand newly acquired assets that dont belong on a rebuilding team.

The GM should be turfed
The ex canucks are are the only ones meeting the coach's work ethic demands. LOL
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Yeah so the Leaves traded for the injured Riley Nash today (conditional 2022 7th round pick).

And now there are a million retarded Leafers running around saying "OMG OMG Leaves just bought $2.75M in cap space!"

If the dumb fucks had the ability to think at all they'd know how ridiculous that is, but nope.

They are saying Dubas is a genius who has found a loophole that no one else could find. :lol:

Who would have thought it was so easy to circumvent the cap: Just trade for injured players!! Image

Yeahno, if a team is right up against the cap they can put a player on LTIR and exceed the cap by the player's AAV

... but that new number includes that player's AAV.

So this move doesn't give the Leaves one penny more in cap space.

Having said that, there is no cap in the playoffs, so if he is able to come back at that point, it's not a bad idea to have the extra depth.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topper wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:25 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:21 pm

The GM should be turfed
The ex canucks are are the only ones meeting the coach's work ethic demands. LOL
Tanev is meeting expectations but Marky's ass is hanging halfway out of the doghouse. Leifo sucks
If you need air...call it in