Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Cornuck »

Topper wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:28 pm How much will the networks and advertisers want refunded for cancelled games?
I won't be banking on a partial refund of my NHL.tv package!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

How does the draft lottery work if we only play 35 games and pro rate the rest ?

Somebody gonna get their shit in a knot ? Especially if we actually won the lottery

Not that would ever happen under Bettman
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Cornuck wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:29 pm
Topper wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:28 pm How much will the networks and advertisers want refunded for cancelled games?
I won't be banking on a partial refund of my NHL.tv package!
I bought that package fir the first time last summer to catch the playoffs, what a sad sack outfit.

No production value at all. Not for the money anyway
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

So we're at 6 'postponed' games so far, and I only see 3 spots where they could stick games (the rest would have to be after our last scheduled game on May 8th). The last league games are scheduled for May 11. That would give us 2 more spots. So 'in theory', if they don't cancel any more games, we could get the season done and only add one day to the schedule. No more than 1 day off between and 2 games, lots of 3 in 4 days & back to backs.

Sounds like a great situation for the players to be in coming off of Covid. :roll:

So yeah, I guess it's possible, but the games are going to painful to watch, and the draft thread here will get quite popular.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

theman wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:12 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:07 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:46 am Given that players recalled from Utica would have to undergo a 14 day quarantine I guess Jim better start calling them all up like yesterday. As it is anyone called up today would not be eligible to play until April 22.

The problem too of course is that there is no covid cap relief so the Canucks may not be able to recall enough bodies. If the NHL wants it can set a return to play date and we will see if the Canucks have enough bodies or if they have to default in games.

I can see some players saying a big F U to the league, especially since we would be playing meaningless games to us. And I hope that is what happens. The players will not be in game shape, they may still be suffering from lingering after affects from covid, and certainly I think they may lack desire at this point. All of that is a recipe for injury.

If we do play, and assuming Loiue was not one of the taxi squad players, then I suppose the remaining games will have value to him as I am sure he would love a trade out of Vancouver and the only way that has potential to happen is if he shows he can still play. So maybe a player like that could benefit from a return and hope the summer brings suiters.

And of course the PA may enter this debate and not agree to any return to play for the Canucks.
I'm hoping the PA steps in and nixes the remainder of the Canucks schedule. It's just cruelty to order the Canucks back to play after all of this. Let's hope the league comes to it's senses.
Agree, but it is all about the money to the league, always has been always will. I would be surprised to if the PA does not try to intervene though.
On this occasion, I don't think the PA would attempt to intervene. Been a long arduous trek and maybe everyone wants to see it completed.
"evolution"
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Cornuck wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:37 pm So we're at 6 'postponed' games so far, and I only see 3 spots where they could stick games (the rest would have to be after our last scheduled game on May 8th). The last league games are scheduled for May 11. That would give us 2 more spots. So 'in theory', if they don't cancel any more games, we could get the season done and only add one day to the schedule. No more than 1 day off between and 2 games, lots of 3 in 4 days & back to backs.

Sounds like a great situation for the players to be in coming off of Covid. :roll:

So yeah, I guess it's possible, but the games are going to painful to watch, and the draft thread here will get quite popular.
The ultimate stealth tank. Benning is a genius.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Pearson 3 years at $3+ million? Say it ain't so.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Curmudgeon wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:22 pm Pearson 3 years at $3+ million? Say it ain't so.
Asinine. Just when you thought there was light at the end of the tunnel. Elmer throws a barrel of glue and fecal matter in your way.

WHY!!!!????

Sell the team you slimy DAGO. And hopefully the new guy gets a real GM. Jim is a scout.... that’s it. He couldn’t manage a two car parade.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

May as well re-up Sutter and see if Louie, Beagle and Roussel are interested in extending.

Thanks a lot Elmer :evil:
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Thought they'd resign him but not near that much. Must not be very confident in the ability to sign others that would be better in that price range.
He had a very good 19/20 season but has been deplorable this year. Too much.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Let’s ice the slowest team in the league

James Elmo Benning

You can’t make this shit up
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Shocked that Doc, Chef, Topper, ESQ, SKYO and the other ball washers aren’t here telling everyone what a great signing this is.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Thomas Drance @ThomasDrance
Tanner Pearson deal is at $3.25 million over 3 years.

It's backloaded, and includes some signing bonus in the third year.

There's no formal expansion protection. Full NTC in year 1, m-NTC (7 teams) in year 2 and no trade protection whatsoever in year three.
2:19 PM · Apr 8, 2021
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Vin Tanner wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:53 pm Shocked that Doc, Chef, Topper, ESQ, SKYO and the other ball washers aren’t here telling everyone what a great signing this is.
LOL it's totally fine Blob, just take it easy!

He took a half-mil pay cut, and he's paid like a 30-point forward.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:03 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:53 pm Shocked that Doc, Chef, Topper, ESQ, SKYO and the other ball washers aren’t here telling everyone what a great signing this is.
LOL it's totally fine Blob, just take it easy!

He took a half-mil pay cut, and he's paid like a 30-point forward.
He can’t skate. Full stop. He moves like Craig Coxe. So after seven years we still don’t have any young guys to come in and steal this slug’s job?

I don’t give a shit what pay cut he took. He’s a 4th line player on a good team that should be paid under 2 million. Not shocking you love the move. You’ve been in lockstep with everything they’ve done.