Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:32 pm
SKYO wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:51 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:34 pm Add Nate Schmidt to the NHL's COVID protocol list!

What we need is a list of who isn't on the list.

If Loui is the only one I'm going to spit.
Benn, Pearson ain't on the list iirc, trade bait to a contender?
Lol.
EVERY thread is the trade thread to Skyo!

If your happy getting 5th to 7th round picks for those guys, go ahead and trade them.

You would be lucky to find a buyer for 1 of them
:lol:

Other GM: "We were aware that his body was riddled with COVID, but we felt a 5th rounder was worth the risk."
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:40 am
Strangelove wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:34 pm Add Nate Schmidt to the NHL's COVID protocol list!

Lol.

If your happy getting 5th to 7th round picks for those guys, go ahead and trade them.

Other GM: "We were aware that his body was riddled with COVID, but we felt a 5th rounder was worth the risk."
Lol! Right?!?? And that would be with us retaining 1/2! :lol:
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Maybe the post-infection immunity will boost Schmidt's trade value in the off-season?

Mëds, Vin, your thoughts?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:40 am

Lol.

They have covid!? where's your source on that?
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

How lame is that if the Canucks have to play past May 11th to finish their schedule even while the playoffs are started...all to play meaningless games?

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/n ... or-another

I guess it would be good for some of the Vets to take time off for uhh 'covid reasons', heal injuries to be stronger for offseason training, and the team can play it's youth more while calling up some AHLers to get NHL time.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:44 am How lame is that if the Canucks have to play past May 11th to finish their schedule even while the playoffs are started...all to play meaningless games?
I don't see how this works; or happens.
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

SKYO wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:44 am How lame is that if the Canucks have to play past May 11th to finish their schedule even while the playoffs are started...all to play meaningless games?

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/n ... or-another

I guess it would be good for some of the Vets to take time off for uhh 'covid reasons', heal injuries to be stronger for offseason training, and the team can play it's youth more while calling up some AHLers to get NHL time.
I can’t see them doing that..

If they don’t push the playoffs back a few days, I guess they could reschedule the remaining games against non playoff teams to be played after playoffs start, just to get the draft order correct, but that seems rather silly.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The overlap is that playoffs in the US start before the North division. The gap will be closed before the Finals
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Given that players recalled from Utica would have to undergo a 14 day quarantine I guess Jim better start calling them all up like yesterday. As it is anyone called up today would not be eligible to play until April 22.

The problem too of course is that there is no covid cap relief so the Canucks may not be able to recall enough bodies. If the NHL wants it can set a return to play date and we will see if the Canucks have enough bodies or if they have to default in games.

I can see some players saying a big F U to the league, especially since we would be playing meaningless games to us. And I hope that is what happens. The players will not be in game shape, they may still be suffering from lingering after affects from covid, and certainly I think they may lack desire at this point. All of that is a recipe for injury.

If we do play, and assuming Loiue was not one of the taxi squad players, then I suppose the remaining games will have value to him as I am sure he would love a trade out of Vancouver and the only way that has potential to happen is if he shows he can still play. So maybe a player like that could benefit from a return and hope the summer brings suiters.

And of course the PA may enter this debate and not agree to any return to play for the Canucks.
The only HW the Canucks need
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Podz team won today 3 - 1. Apparently he was in on all 3 goals, scoring the EN.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

What’s the minimum number of players they can play with?
Without knowing who is on the Covid list from the taxi squad, they might only need half a dozen players or so to ice a very uncompetitive team if Petey and Pearson are ready (and not traded). I haven’t heard that any of these players are sick.

Miller Pettersson Boeser
Vesey Graovac Eriksson
Pearson

Benn Sautner
Juolevi Brisebois

Dipietro
Silvos
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:46 am Given that players recalled from Utica would have to undergo a 14 day quarantine I guess Jim better start calling them all up like yesterday. As it is anyone called up today would not be eligible to play until April 22.

The problem too of course is that there is no covid cap relief so the Canucks may not be able to recall enough bodies. If the NHL wants it can set a return to play date and we will see if the Canucks have enough bodies or if they have to default in games.

I can see some players saying a big F U to the league, especially since we would be playing meaningless games to us. And I hope that is what happens. The players will not be in game shape, they may still be suffering from lingering after affects from covid, and certainly I think they may lack desire at this point. All of that is a recipe for injury.

If we do play, and assuming Loiue was not one of the taxi squad players, then I suppose the remaining games will have value to him as I am sure he would love a trade out of Vancouver and the only way that has potential to happen is if he shows he can still play. So maybe a player like that could benefit from a return and hope the summer brings suiters.

And of course the PA may enter this debate and not agree to any return to play for the Canucks.
I'm hoping the PA steps in and nixes the remainder of the Canucks schedule. It's just cruelty to order the Canucks back to play after all of this. Let's hope the league comes to it's senses.
el rey del mambo
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:07 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:46 am Given that players recalled from Utica would have to undergo a 14 day quarantine I guess Jim better start calling them all up like yesterday. As it is anyone called up today would not be eligible to play until April 22.

I'm hoping the PA steps in and nixes the remainder of the Canucks schedule. It's just cruelty to order the Canucks back to play after all of this. Let's hope the league comes to it's senses.
Agree, but it is all about the money to the league, always has been always will. I would be surprised to if the PA does not try to intervene though.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

We've still played more games than Montreal or Boston... :oops:

It's a mess, and it will be really interesting to see how this plays out. Not as much money involved as if there were seats being filled. Cancel the games and award 2 points to the opponents? Play the games and risk injury / illness?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cornuck wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:25 pm We've still played more games than Montreal or Boston... :oops:

It's a mess, and it will be really interesting to see how this plays out. Not as much money involved as if there were seats being filled. Cancel the games and award 2 points to the opponents? Play the games and risk injury / illness?
How much will the networks and advertisers want refunded for cancelled games?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.