US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Per
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7090
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am
Location: Sweden

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by Per »

Topper wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:13 am US now pushing for a global minimum corporate tax.

The fail to recognize that corporate taxis are simply a cost of doing business. No different than labour costs, energy costs, raw material costs. These costs are passed along to the consumer.

They are not shifting the burden of taxes from the consumer to corporations.
That's not the issue here though. The global minimum corporate tax is to prevent companies moving their head offices to wherever the tax is the lowest. It's about keeping companies, jobs and tax revenue at home.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 12688
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by Topper »

Per wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:51 am
Topper wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:13 am US now pushing for a global minimum corporate tax.

The fail to recognize that corporate taxis are simply a cost of doing business. No different than labour costs, energy costs, raw material costs. These costs are passed along to the consumer.

They are not shifting the burden of taxes from the consumer to corporations.
That's not the issue here though. The global minimum corporate tax is to prevent companies moving their head offices to wherever the tax is the lowest. It's about keeping companies, jobs and tax revenue at home.
So it is a protectionist measure about removing competition from foreign countries
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4265
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:59 am
Per wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:51 am
Topper wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:13 am US now pushing for a global minimum corporate tax.

The fail to recognize that corporate taxis are simply a cost of doing business. No different than labour costs, energy costs, raw material costs. These costs are passed along to the consumer.

They are not shifting the burden of taxes from the consumer to corporations.
That's not the issue here though. The global minimum corporate tax is to prevent companies moving their head offices to wherever the tax is the lowest. It's about keeping companies, jobs and tax revenue at home.
So it is a protectionist measure about removing competition from foreign countries
More like cities getting together to prevent Bettman from holding them hostage with threats of moving franchises for better corporate handouts.

Protectionism works, ask the NHLPA about the salary cap.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 12688
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by Topper »

ukcanuck wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:23 am
Topper wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:59 am
Per wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:51 am
Topper wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:13 am US now pushing for a global minimum corporate tax.

The fail to recognize that corporate taxis are simply a cost of doing business. No different than labour costs, energy costs, raw material costs. These costs are passed along to the consumer.

They are not shifting the burden of taxes from the consumer to corporations.
That's not the issue here though. The global minimum corporate tax is to prevent companies moving their head offices to wherever the tax is the lowest. It's about keeping companies, jobs and tax revenue at home.
So it is a protectionist measure about removing competition from foreign countries
More like cities getting together to prevent Bettman from holding them hostage with threats of moving franchises for better corporate handouts.

Protectionism works, ask the NHLPA about the salary cap.
Ask Venezuela

It sounds more like economic colonialism.

Taxes act as both an incentive and disincentive and are implemented with those intents. Does BC have a film industry without tax concessions? What is the intent of the taxes on carbon dioxide?

For years the idea of an educated and mobile workforce lead to people moving to where there is greater opportunity. Why limit that freedom for businesses? Look at the exodus of businesses from California to states with friendlier tax regimes. How many people stay in ungodly Alberta because of lower taxes? State boundaries/Provincial boundaries/Nation boundaries. They set set their rules, go where it best suits you.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4265
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:46 am
ukcanuck wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:23 am
Topper wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:59 am
Per wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:51 am
Topper wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:13 am US now pushing for a global minimum corporate tax.

The fail to recognize that corporate taxis are simply a cost of doing business. No different than labour costs, energy costs, raw material costs. These costs are passed along to the consumer.

They are not shifting the burden of taxes from the consumer to corporations.
That's not the issue here though. The global minimum corporate tax is to prevent companies moving their head offices to wherever the tax is the lowest. It's about keeping companies, jobs and tax revenue at home.
So it is a protectionist measure about removing competition from foreign countries
More like cities getting together to prevent Bettman from holding them hostage with threats of moving franchises for better corporate handouts.

Protectionism works, ask the NHLPA about the salary cap.
Ask Venezuela

It sounds more like economic colonialism.

Taxes act as both an incentive and disincentive and are implemented with those intents. Does BC have a film industry without tax concessions? What is the intent of the taxes on carbon dioxide?

For years the idea of an educated and mobile workforce lead to people moving to where there is greater opportunity. Why limit that freedom for businesses? Look at the exodus of businesses from California to states with friendlier tax regimes. How many people stay in ungodly Alberta because of lower taxes? State boundaries/Provincial boundaries/Nation boundaries. They set set their rules, go where it best suits you.
If labour were free to move to where the pay is greater you would have a point but people cannot cross borders freely. Money crosses borders, jobs cross borders, corporations cross borders. People cannot. The governor of Texas agrees

But the big flaw in your position in my opinion is that you count labour as a business cost. Human as capital flies in the face of the central tenant of free enterprise.

A free transaction between two free individuals.

If the option for labour is submit to indentured servitude or starve then taking a job at Walmart or working as an Uber driver to make ends meet is not a free transaction by two free actors
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 12688
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by Topper »

ukcanuck wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:03 am
Topper wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:46 am
ukcanuck wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:23 am
Topper wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:59 am
Per wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:51 am
Topper wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:13 am US now pushing for a global minimum corporate tax.

The fail to recognize that corporate taxis are simply a cost of doing business. No different than labour costs, energy costs, raw material costs. These costs are passed along to the consumer.

They are not shifting the burden of taxes from the consumer to corporations.
That's not the issue here though. The global minimum corporate tax is to prevent companies moving their head offices to wherever the tax is the lowest. It's about keeping companies, jobs and tax revenue at home.
So it is a protectionist measure about removing competition from foreign countries
More like cities getting together to prevent Bettman from holding them hostage with threats of moving franchises for better corporate handouts.

Protectionism works, ask the NHLPA about the salary cap.
Ask Venezuela

It sounds more like economic colonialism.

Taxes act as both an incentive and disincentive and are implemented with those intents. Does BC have a film industry without tax concessions? What is the intent of the taxes on carbon dioxide?

For years the idea of an educated and mobile workforce lead to people moving to where there is greater opportunity. Why limit that freedom for businesses? Look at the exodus of businesses from California to states with friendlier tax regimes. How many people stay in ungodly Alberta because of lower taxes? State boundaries/Provincial boundaries/Nation boundaries. They set set their rules, go where it best suits you.
If labour were free to move to where the pay is greater you would have a point but people cannot cross borders freely. Money crosses borders, jobs cross borders, corporations cross borders. People cannot. The governor of Texas agrees

But the big flaw in your position in my opinion is that you count labour as a business cost. Human as capital flies in the face of the central tenant of free enterprise.

A free transaction between two free individuals.

If the option for labour is submit to indentured servitude or starve then taking a job at Walmart or working as an Uber driver to make ends meet is not a free transaction by two free actors
Wrong

People can a do cross borders for work. You and I have done so. My wife has. My grandparents did.

The mechanisms are in place for legal movement of labour.

BC has a temporary foreign worker program simply because Canadians feel the work is too difficult for them and hence labour is imported.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 12551
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by SKYO »

SL's boys I mean the Proud Boys - these dumb numbskulls left a trail of evidence behind them for prosecution to get em.
Capitol Rioters Face the Consequences of Their Selfie Sabotage.

Joe Biggs and his fellow Proud Boys left an incriminating social media trail for federal investigators before and during the Capitol attack on Jan. 6.

WASHINGTON — On Jan. 6, Joe Biggs, a former Army staff sergeant turned Proud Boys lieutenant, led the far-right group to the Capitol from the Washington Monument, charged over the wreckage of police barricades, pulled down another barrier, faced off with the police and then filmed himself.

“We’ve just taken the Capitol!” Mr. Biggs shouted to the world.

All that was laid out in court documents, but it was also in plain view. Mr. Biggs, indicted last month on charges that included conspiracy and destruction of government property, potentially faces decades in prison for his role in the Capitol riot.

He has himself to blame. Like other Proud Boys, he helped document the prosecution's case.

“Wanting to show how smart they are, they’ve basically outlined the charges against them,” said Grant Fredericks

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/06/us/p ... &smtyp=cur
lol
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 29884
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by Strangelove »

^ Skyo, hundreds of dumb BLM/Antifa protesters are languishing in prison and you don't hear me loling...

ukcanuck wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:37 pm
Has UK crossed the line from garden variety left wing cunt to antisemite?
Yes.

ukcanuck wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:37 pm
Sorry no antisemetic tropes mentioned
ukcanuck wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:37 pm Sorry no antisemetic tropes mentioned
ukcanuck wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:37 pm Sorry no antisemetic tropes mentioned
ukcanuck wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:37 pm Sorry no antisemetic tropes mentioned
ukcanuck wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:37 pm Sorry no antisemetic tropes mentioned
ukcanuck wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:37 pm Sorry no antisemetic tropes mentioned
ukcanuck wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:37 pm Sorry no antisemetic tropes mentioned
ukcanuck wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:37 pm Sorry no antisemetic tropes mentioned
Answer to the above: Wrong, each of those is antisemitic to some degree.

And the totality thereof adds up to a strong case of your antisemitism

FFS you likened Israel to Nazi Germany in one of those!

The most antisemitic thing ever!

As for you trying to wriggle out of the other proofs (your own words) of antisemitism

... well twas a sad and desperate attempt at best.

I don't know why you put all this effort into an attempt to deny your antisemitism UK.

And I'm not about to put in a similar effort to expose the flaws in your fresh arguments.

I've made my case and you've done little-to-nothing substantially as far as attacking that case.

As you know, my case was that you have crossed the well-established line between fair criticism of Israel and antisemitism.

I've made my case and you've made yours and there's no place left to go with this now, so...

Agree to disagree.

ukcanuck wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:37 pm BTW I paid up the 100 dollars to CC anyway cause Brian deserves it. But that should be not construed by you as any kind of admission that I am anything other than a cunt who hates conservative politics
I construe it as an attempt to put yourself in good standing so that your complaints of being (correctly) called an antisemite are heard.

I construe the fact you now call yourself a "cunt" an attempt to make yourself appear not-so-bad for angrily calling others "cunts" hundreds of times.

"I'm UKcanuck, and I'm the good guy." :lol:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 12688
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:10 pm FFS you likened Israel to Nazi Germany in one of those!
Sounds like cannibalism

but think of the tattoos
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4265
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:10 pm

I've made my case and you've made yours and there's no place left to go with this now, so...

Agree to disagree.


Great so no more personal attacks as a tactic? wow! :thumbs:



ukcanuck wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:37 pm BTW I paid up the 100 dollars to CC anyway cause Brian deserves it. But that should be not construed by you as any kind of admission that I am anything other than a cunt who hates conservative politics
strangelove wrote: I construe it as an attempt to put yourself in good standing so that your complaints of being (correctly) called an antisemite are heard.
oh, well so much for agree to disagree. :?
strangelove wrote: I construe the fact you now call yourself a "cunt" as an attempt to make yourself appear not-so-bad for calling others "cunts" hundreds of times.

"I'm UKcanuck, and I'm the good guy." :lol:

What you should have construed is that I paid up anyway because I already had promised Cornuck that I would and I wont hold the money as hostage.
to your refusal to deal with your fraudulence. What you also should construe is that I rightly assume that you using my donation as an admission of guilt is not beneath you. :evil:

As for your last comment about me being trying to be the good guy sums up your lack of integrity nicely. its not about me at all, its about the diversion. The personal attacks, the ad hominems that are always the basis for your weak debating skills. It's no wonder you elevate Trump to godhood he's a master at the ad hominem.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... sults.html

"The 598 People, Places and Things Donald Trump Has Insulted on Twitter: A Complete List"

Just one of the 598...

Hillary Clinton
“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked Hillary!”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked Hillary”“have gone stone cold CRAZY”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked Hillary Clinton”“Crooked”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked”“Crooked Hillary”“corrupt”“Crooked”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked Hillary”“forgot to campaign in numerous states!”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked H”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked”“totally Crooked Campaign”“totally Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked”“corrupt”“Crooked H”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked H”“Crooked”“Crooked H”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked”“went down in flames”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked H.”“Crooked Hillary”“Crooked”“Crooked”“totally Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“the worst (and biggest) loser of all time”“Hillary, get on with your life and give it another try in three years!”“Crooked”“Crooked H”“Crooked”“paid for and stole the Dem Primary”“Crooked”“bought the DNC & then stole the Democratic Primary from Crazy Bernie!”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“played the press for fools on Russia”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“a bad candidate!”“Crooked”“blames everybody (and every thing) but herself for her election loss”“lost the debates and lost her direction!”“in the end, had no game!”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“can illegally get the questions to the Debate & delete 33,000 emails but my son Don is being scorned by the Fake News Media?”“gave our country away”“Crooked”“colluded”“Is she allowed to so collude?”“Crooked”“Crooked”“a terrible candidate”“Did Hillary Clinton ever apologize for receiving the answers to the debate? Just asking!”“no enthusiasm!”“Crooked”“Crooked”“unfit to serve”“decades of lies and scandal”“Crooked Hillary's corruption is closing in”“Crooked”“Guilty - cannot run”“a big mistake”“Crooked”“Crooked”“should not be allowed to run for president”“Crooked”“Crooked Hillary”“unfit to be president”“Bad judgement!”“We must not let #CrookedHillary take her CRIMINAL SCHEME into the Oval Office”“Crooked”“launched her political career by letting terrorists off the hook”“Hillary said she was under sniper fire (while surrounded by USSS.) Turned out to be a total lie. She is not fit to lead our country”“Crooked H”“Crooked”“wants to take in as many Syrians as possible”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“FAILED ALL OVER THE WORLD”“loves to lie”“She'll say anything and change NOTHING!”“Crooked”“a Wall Street PUPPET!”“Crooked”“has never created a job in her life”“Crooked”“Crooked”“a foreign policy DISASTER”“you have failed, failed, and failed”“too weak to lead”“no solutions, no ideas, no credibility”“the most corrupt person to ever run for the presidency of the United States”“If we let Crooked run the govt, history will remember 2017 as the year America lost its independence”“So CROOKED”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Such a dishonest person”“crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“SO CORRUPT!”“Crooked”“should be in jail”“Crooked”“PAY TO PLAY POLITICS”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Fraud”“Crooked”“Crooked”“disgraceful behavior”“unfit to run”“Crooked”“Hypocrite”“Hypocrite!”“nothing Hillary has said about her secret server has been true”“If I win-I am going to instruct my AG to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation”“there's never been anything like your lies”“Crooked”“has only created jobs at the FBI and DOJ!”“Crooked”“Crooked”“nasty to Sanders supporters behind closed doors”“Owned by Wall St and Politicians”“Crooked”“Crooked”“suffers from BAD JUDGEMENT!”“Crooked”“terrible!”“failing for 30 years”“not getting the job done”“Crooked”“failed all over the world”“a typical politician”“all talk, no action”“taking the day off again, she needs the rest”“copying my airplane rallies”“puts the plane behind her like I have been doing from the beginning”“Crooked”“Crooked”“said horrible things about my supporters”“SO INSULTING to my supporters”“Crooked”“very dumb”“totally confused”“Unfit to serve as #POTUS”“just gave a disastrous news conference”“Lyin'”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“doesn't have the strength or the stamina to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!”“doesn't have the drive or stamina to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!”“Crooked”“Crooked”“brainpower is highly overrated, decision making is so bad”“has BAD JUDGEMENT”“Crooked”“Crooked”“called African-American youth “SUPER PREDATORS””“Crooked”“will NEVER be able to solve the problems of poverty, education and safety”“CORRUPTION”“SABOTAGE OF THE INNER CITIES”“only knows how to make a speech when it is a hit on me”“No policy”“using the oldest play in the Dem playbook”“using race-baiting”“all talk and NO ACTION!”“pandering to the worst instincts in our society”“She should be ashamed of herself!”“crooked”“lies”“fear-mongering!”“LIE!”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“not a talented person or politician”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“not fit to be our next president!”“Anybody whose mind 'SHORT CIRCUITS' is not fit to be our president! Look up the word 'BRAINWASHED.”“Crooked”“Very dangerous!”“bad judgment”“unfit to serve as President”“incompetent”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“A PATHOLOGICAL LIAR!”“Crooked”“100% owned by her donors”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“has very small and unenthusiastic crowds in Pennsylvania”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“a formula for disaster!”“Crooked”“Crooked”“a lose cannon”“extraordinarily bad judgement & insticts”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“very long and very boring speech”“Crooked”“very average scream!”“no one has worse judgement”“corruption and devastation follows her”“owned by Wall Street!”“unfit to lead the country”“Crooked”“Crooked”“wants to flood our country with Syrian immigrants that we know little or nothing about”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“incompetent”“a liar!”“Crooked”“Crooked”“betrayed Bernie voters”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“judgement so bad”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“not at all loyal”“Crooked”“BAD JUDGEMENT”“Crooked”“killed jobs!”“Crooked”“destroyed jobs and manufacturing”“Against steelworkers and miners”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“look at all of the bad decisions she has made”“Crooked”“led Obama into bad decisions!”“Crooked”“bought and paid for by Wall Street, lobbyists and special interests”“will sell our country down the tubes!”“has made so many mistakes”“Crooked”“Crooked”“embarrassed herself and the country with her e-mail lies”“a DISASTER on foreign policy”“Crooked”“Crooked”“negative ads are not true”“email lies”“fraudulent”“Crooked”“Having ZERO impact”“Sad!!”“Lyin'”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“not qualified”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“not qualified!”“Crooked”“Crooked”“WEAK leadership”“lies”“Lyin' Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“lied to the FBI and to the people of our country”“sooooo guilty”“Crooked”“dishonest”“incompetent”“very bad judgement”“Crooked”“Not fit!”“Crooked”“unfit to serve as President”“Her temperament is weak”“BAD JUDGEMENT!”“Crooked”“As usual, bad judgment.”“A total disgrace!”“Crooked”“guilty as hell”“Crooked”“will NEVER be able to handle the complexities and danger of ISIS”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“As Bernie Sanders said, Hillary Clinton has bad judgement. Bill's meeting was probably initiated and demanded by Hillary!”“sellng out America”“Not capable!”“Presidency would be catastrophic”“ill-fit”“bad judgment”“Lying”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“no sense of markets”“such bad judgement”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“bad judgement”“Disgraceful!”“Crooked”“Crooked”“All talk, no action!”“Crooked”“would be a disaster”“may be the most corrupt person ever to seek the presidency”“Crooked”“will be a disaster for jobs and the economy!”“defrauded America”“Corrupt”“dangerous”“dishonest”“judgement has killed thousands, unleashed ISIS and wrecked the economy”“failed policies”“bad judgment”“Crooked”“Crooked”“totally unfit to be our president”“really bad judgement and a temperament”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“will be a disaster”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“total fraud!”“Crooked”“record is so bad, unable to answer tough questions!”“unfit to be president”“bad judgement”“poor leadership skills”“very bad and destructive track record”“Crooked”“Not honest!”“Bad performance”“Crooked”“Reading poorly from the telepromter!”“doesn't even look presidential!”“Crooked”“no longer has credibility”“too much failure in office”“Crooked”“Lyin'”“Crooked”“has made so many mistakes”“Crooked”“BAD judgement!”“Crooked”“zero natural talent”“temperament is bad”“decision making ability-zilch!”“Crooked”“fraud”“very stupid use of e-mails”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“bad judgement and temperament”“Crooked”“CROOKED”“Crooked”“Crooked”“suffers from plain old bad judgement!”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“not qualified”“her judgement has been proven to be so bad!”“Would be four more years of stupidity!”“Wrong!”“reckless and dangerous”“Crooked”“very dishonest”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“has no chance!”“zero imagination and even less stamina”“ISIS, China, Russia and all would love for her to be president”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“a fraud”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“can't close the deal with Bernie Sanders”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Can't believe she would misrepresent the facts!”“Crooked”“Liar!”“Crooked”“can't close the deal on Crazy Bernie”“Crooked”“Crooked”“has bad judgment!”“Crooked”“pushing the false narrative that I want to raise taxes”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“Crooked”“corrupt”“ZERO leadership ability”“bad judgement”“Constantly playing the women's card - it is sad!”“Crooked”“Crooked”“said she is used to “dealing with men who get off the reservation.” Actually, she has done poorly with such men!”“Crooked”“Crooked”“perhaps the most dishonest person to have ever run for the presidency”“one of the all time great enablers!”“Crooked”“unqualified to be president”“incompetent”“has been involved in corruption for most of her professional life!”“Who should star in a reboot of Liar Liar- Hillary Clinton or Ted Cruz? Let me know”“a major national security risk”“not presidential material”“such bad judgement”“lied last week”“doesn't have the strength or stamina to be president”“totally flawed candidate”“stupidity”“pathetic”“LIED at the debate last night”“SAD!”“We need a #POTUS with great strength & stamina. Hillary does not have that”“lied”“disloyal person”“weak and ineffective”“no strength, no stamina”“does not have the STRENGTH or STAMINA to be President”“won't call out radical Islam”“will be soundly defeated”“afraid of Obama & the emails”“SHE HAS NO STRENGTH OR STAMINA”“corruption is what she's best at”“weak”“totally incompetent as a manager and leader”“no strength or stamina”“she looked lost”“her record is so bad”“the trade deal is a disaster, she was always for it!”“100% CONTROLLED”“Just can't read speeches!”

What a fraud

Tell me again about cuntservatives?
User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 29884
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by Strangelove »

.
^ Oh look, UK is angry for a change! :lol:

What's the deal with antisemites always being so angry?

Image

Agree to disagree = I say you're an antisemite and you say you're not.

Others who have sifted through the mountain of evidence are free to make their own decision...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4265
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:16 pm .
^ Oh look, UK is angry for a change! :lol:

What's the deal with antisemites always being so angry?

Image

Agree to disagree = I say you're an antisemite and you say you're not.

Others who have sifted through the mountain of evidence are free to make their own decision...
User avatar
Meds
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8773
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by Meds »

Topper wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:13 am
ukcanuck wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:03 am
Topper wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:46 am
ukcanuck wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:23 am
Topper wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:59 am
Per wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:51 am
Topper wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:13 am US now pushing for a global minimum corporate tax.

The fail to recognize that corporate taxis are simply a cost of doing business. No different than labour costs, energy costs, raw material costs. These costs are passed along to the consumer.

They are not shifting the burden of taxes from the consumer to corporations.
That's not the issue here though. The global minimum corporate tax is to prevent companies moving their head offices to wherever the tax is the lowest. It's about keeping companies, jobs and tax revenue at home.
So it is a protectionist measure about removing competition from foreign countries
More like cities getting together to prevent Bettman from holding them hostage with threats of moving franchises for better corporate handouts.

Protectionism works, ask the NHLPA about the salary cap.
Ask Venezuela

It sounds more like economic colonialism.

Taxes act as both an incentive and disincentive and are implemented with those intents. Does BC have a film industry without tax concessions? What is the intent of the taxes on carbon dioxide?

For years the idea of an educated and mobile workforce lead to people moving to where there is greater opportunity. Why limit that freedom for businesses? Look at the exodus of businesses from California to states with friendlier tax regimes. How many people stay in ungodly Alberta because of lower taxes? State boundaries/Provincial boundaries/Nation boundaries. They set set their rules, go where it best suits you.
If labour were free to move to where the pay is greater you would have a point but people cannot cross borders freely. Money crosses borders, jobs cross borders, corporations cross borders. People cannot. The governor of Texas agrees

But the big flaw in your position in my opinion is that you count labour as a business cost. Human as capital flies in the face of the central tenant of free enterprise.

A free transaction between two free individuals.

If the option for labour is submit to indentured servitude or starve then taking a job at Walmart or working as an Uber driver to make ends meet is not a free transaction by two free actors
Wrong

People can a do cross borders for work. You and I have done so. My wife has. My grandparents did.

The mechanisms are in place for legal movement of labour.

BC has a temporary foreign worker program simply because Canadians feel the work is too difficult for them and hence labour is imported.
The flaw in this is the equitability of it. You are right that people can cross borders for work, however it is far far far more difficult for people to cross international borders than it is for a corporation where the receiving country is welcoming the influx of jobs and money with open arms.

Companies up and relocate to countries where the labour is far cheaper, although they try and sell it as going somewhere because of taxation (it sounds better to blame it on the government). This results in decent paying jobs leaving the country, and even if the employees of said corporations could follow with the company, they would have to settle for a much lower wage and quality of life.

It's not as easy as you make it sound Tops, not by a long shot.
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 12551
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by SKYO »

Topper wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:13 am
ukcanuck wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:03 am If labour were free to move to where the pay is greater you would have a point but people cannot cross borders freely. Money crosses borders, jobs cross borders, corporations cross borders. People cannot. The governor of Texas agrees

But the big flaw in your position in my opinion is that you count labour as a business cost. Human as capital flies in the face of the central tenant of free enterprise.

A free transaction between two free individuals.

If the option for labour is submit to indentured servitude or starve then taking a job at Walmart or working as an Uber driver to make ends meet is not a free transaction by two free actors
Wrong

People can a do cross borders for work. You and I have done so. My wife has. My grandparents did.

The mechanisms are in place for legal movement of labour.

BC has a temporary foreign worker program simply because Canadians feel the work is too difficult for them and hence labour is imported.
For Temporary Foreign Workers, isn't that just slave labour for the businesses up here to pay them cheap wages with no vacation/holiday pay, and not give a shit about their working conditions.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
User avatar
Meds
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8773
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:10 pm FFS you likened Israel to Nazi Germany in one of those!

The most antisemitic thing ever!
Do better Doc. That's not even entry level trolling there.

If Israel is indeed implementing measures that are similar to what Nazi Germany put in place in its persecution of the Jews, then they are becoming like that which they hated.

The United States hated and opposed communism. They are on a one way track towards that very same style of oppressive, controlling, jack-boot, government right now.

That statement is not anti-USA, it's anti-communist in nature and pointing out a comparative.

;)
Post Reply