Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:58 pm Canucks have been drafting higher end talent that is playing in the NHL, maybe the Kings should take note.
Kings already have some good young talent already playing in the NHL in addition to the bursting prospect pool. They did it right, they traded older players for picks and prospects , hoarded picks and have a great scouting and development system. More picks = more chances to draft good players .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:50 am I don’t consider Tryamkin a prospect. He’s 27.
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:17 pm Tryamkin the 28 year old young gun. Never change man....
Man, he's aging quickly!! :wow:

At this rate he'll be a senior citizen by next season!

Yeahno, he's 26 lol...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:42 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:50 am I don’t consider Tryamkin a prospect. He’s 27.
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:17 pm Tryamkin the 28 year old young gun. Never change man....

Yeahno, he's 26 lol...
He’s 8 months older than Bo Horvat. In Doyle’s world I gather Bo will be wearing Depends soon
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I can’t wait for the 2 ruskies myself... :thumbs:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:28 pm They did it right
They didn’t get the 2020 draft right. Buttons list:

Stutzle - 34 NHL games - 6 goals 13 assists drafted 3rd
Drysdale - 6 games in NHL - 1 goal 1 assist drafted 6th

3rd ranked - Raymond - drafted 4th 2020
6th ranked - Lundell - drafted 12th 2020
7th ranked - Sanderson - drafted 5th 2020
9th ranked - Holloway - drafted 14th 2020
11th ranked - Holtz - drafted 7th 2020
13th ranked - Askarsov - drafted 11th 2020
17th ranked - Byfield - drafted 2nd overall

It seems to Craig Button the Kings didn’t do it right
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:28 pm

Kings already have some good young talent
Who? Vilardi, Bjornfart and Anderson-Dolan?

Stellar
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeahno, he's 26 lol...
Ok 27 IF he ever decides to come back here again... my bad. Hardly a young gun :lol:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:07 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:28 pm They did it right
They didn’t get the 2020 draft right. Buttons list:

Stutzle - 34 NHL games - 6 goals 13 assists drafted 3rd
Drysdale - 6 games in NHL - 1 goal 1 assist drafted 6th

3rd ranked - Raymond - drafted 4th 2020
6th ranked - Lundell - drafted 12th 2020
7th ranked - Sanderson - drafted 5th 2020
9th ranked - Holloway - drafted 14th 2020
11th ranked - Holtz - drafted 7th 2020
13th ranked - Askarsov - drafted 11th 2020
17th ranked - Byfield - drafted 2nd overall

It seems to Craig Button the Kings didn’t do it right
lol but you hated Button for not having hardly any Canucks on his list. Keep moving the goalposts, you guys are experts at this shit. You should have asked your parents to put you in hockey as a kid. But I guess that would have wreaked havoc with your tether ball career
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:22 pm

Yeahno, he's 26 lol...
Ok 27 IF he ever decides to come back here again... my bad. Hardly a young gun :lol:
Is Bo Horvat old?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:32 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:22 pm

Yeahno, he's 26 lol...
Is Bo Horvat old?
He isn’t a young gun. And he’s STILL younger than Tryamkin. This is a young guns thread. And Bo doesn’t scratch his shit fingers in an opponents eyes because he’s too frightened to throw a punch. That’s a Burrows type move.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Adam Lowry is 28 years old, he’s real old but Doyle really wants the Canucks to make a move on the UFA
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle, the kings didn’t get it right with their 2020 2nd overall pick decision
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Topper wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:58 pm Canucks have been drafting higher end talent that is playing in the NHL, maybe the Kings should take note.
Kings already have some good young talent already playing in the NHL in addition to the bursting prospect pool. They did it right, they traded older players for picks and prospects , hoarded picks and have a great scouting and development system. More picks = more chances to draft good players .
Unfortunately trading the Sedin's wasn't an option.

Your more pics reasoning has been debunked several times. If of the seven Kings prospects, 2 make NHL careers, they will be doing well.

Since 2017, Vancouver has gotten 314 NHL games out of their draft picks, Kings only 110 and of that Viliardi at 44gms is the most from any one player. Over that span the Kings have had 32 pick, the Canucks 28 picks.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:40 pm Adam Lowry is 28 years old, he’s real old but Doyle really wants the Canucks to make a move on the UFA
Because they have two decent centres in the entire organization
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:56 pm
Unfortunately trading the Sedin's wasn't an option.

Your more pics reasoning has been debunked several times. If of the seven Kings prospects, 2 make NHL careers, they will be doing well.

Since 2017, Vancouver has gotten 314 NHL games out of their draft picks, Kings only 110 and of that Viliardi at 44gms is the most from any one player. Over that span the Kings have had 32 pick, the Canucks 28 picks.
That number will be far different in a couple of years considering the Kings just started a rebuild in 2019.

And the ‘more picks’ reason hasn’t been debunked ever. More picks =more currency= more chances to draft good players. Fuck I hate appearing arrogant all the time but it must suck for you guys to be constantly proven wrong.