Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow »

Ghost clears waivers.
The only HW the Canucks need
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:12 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:09 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:53 pm Sounds like the Habs have signed miniature scorer Cole Caulfield

https://www.tsn.ca/montreal-canadiens-s ... -1.1614608
I think him and Doyle are the same height
Five-Foot-Caufield...(and a half)
On Caufield, what he did this season was unreal. A goal a game at the NCAA level? Its ridiculous production, especially when you consider that he started off a bit slow (I think one goal in the first seven or eight games). And before being at UW, he was the most prolific goal scored in the history of the USNTDP.

The knock on him is the size (its why he dropped in the draft) and the observation that his non-dominate (but not bad) performance at world juniors shows that when the competition gets tougher, its all going to catch up to him.

I don't know. I think this kid really has "it." Such a great release and such a smart player. There's a higher floor for Pod (setting aside the risk inherent in all russian players having the KHL as a viable option), but Caufield's ceiling is one of the greatest goal scores in his era.
Hono_rary Canadian
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:52 pm Ghost clears waivers.
Huh. No team wants this guy yet some people around here think we should have grabbed Him as a replacement for our 2nd defenceman who we should trade for assets.

Ok then.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:18 am
Huh. No team wants this guy yet some people around here think we should have grabbed Him as a replacement for our 2nd defenceman who we should trade for assets.

Ok then.
I think it's a question of cap management. Teams had to have room, and then also have future room as his contract goes beyond this season.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

[Waivers] Svechnikov (Detroit)
Hello, Hello, Hello. Is there anybody .........

He had two good years in Grand Rapids and hasn't been able to hit his stride in the NHL yet. Could be a decent player to have in the organization though.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Micky wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:24 pm [Waivers] Svechnikov (Detroit)

He had two good years in Grand Rapids and hasn't been able to hit his stride in the NHL yet. Could be a decent player to have in the organization though.
A Kevin Holland 1st round pick
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:50 pm
Micky wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:24 pm [Waivers] Svechnikov (Detroit)

A Kevin Holland 1st round pick
Did the coil just waive tyler (w)ennis so they can claim the svetch blade?
If you need air...call it in
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Mëds wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:33 am

Ok then.
I think it's a question of cap management. Teams had to have room, and then also have future room as his contract goes beyond this season.
Yeah, because only 18 teams could handle his salary in their cap without a second glance.

Story checks out.
:D
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:13 pm

Ok then.
Yeah, because only 18 teams could handle his salary in their cap without a second glance.

Story checks out.
Hmmm.....ok maybe he just sucks now. :P

I kinda wonder if there's a bit of a backdoor gentleman's agreement between GM's this year regarding regular parts of the the roster cycling through the taxi squad.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Mëds wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:19 pm

Ok then.

Story checks out.

I kinda wonder if there's a bit of a backdoor gentleman's agreement between GM's this year regarding regular parts of the the roster cycling through the taxi squad.
Well, there is no agreement between the Canucks and Leaves. Boyd and Vesey...
I didn’t check other teams, but I am pretty sure there has been waiver claims this year so I would say no.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:29 am

Ok then.

Story checks out.

I didn’t check other teams, but I am pretty sure there has been waiver claims this year so I would say no.
That's why I specified "regular parts of the roster". Should have been more clear.....I mean that guys who would be considered a key contributor. Like a top-4 defenseman, starting goalie, or top-9 forward.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Mëds wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:26 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:29 am

Ok then.

Story checks out.

That's why I specified "regular parts of the roster". Should have been more clear.....I mean that guys who would be considered a key contributor. Like a top-4 defenseman, starting goalie, or top-9 forward.
Well, nobody puts ‘key contributors’ on waivers. I can’t remember a single instance in the history of waivers where that has happened. By definition, waiver players are always spare parts to the team that put them there. This means you don’t see top 4 Dmen or starting goalies. ‘Top 9 forwards’ is a cop out definition. Middle 6 forwards only happen when the salary cap is involved, there is an aging veteran, or a super rookie is pushing someone out of a job...it’s an exceptional circumstance, otherwise it’s always ‘bottom 6’ forward on the wire because the middle 6 guy gets traded. If a GM can get an asset back, he does. Nobody gives shit for free.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Most Overpaid Players in NHL

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/most-ov ... VoVnL-e07I

At least we don't have the worst in Eriksson. :P

Big Looch is actually quietly having a decent year (37gp, 7G 8A). His production is pretty much the same as Hoggy and he has more goals and points than most of our secondary scorers in Pearse, Virts, Gauds, Sutts, etc.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:02 am Most Overpaid Players in NHL

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/most-ov ... VoVnL-e07I

At least we don't have the worst in Eriksson. :P

Big Looch is actually quietly having a decent year (37gp, 7G 8A). His production is pretty much the same as Hoggy and he has more goals and points than most of our secondary scorers in Pearse, Virts, Gauds, Sutts, etc.
When there was talk of Edmonton swapping little things for Lucic i figured Milan would've been the lesser of two weevils. Too bad they picked the other slug
If you need air...call it in
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:09 am When there was talk of Edmonton swapping little things for Lucic i figured Milan would've been the lesser of two weevils. Too bad they picked the other slug
I take little things is Eriksson? A swap of the 2 would have been nice, but Looch's extra year on his contract prob killed any realistic chance of getting a deal done. I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel with Loui, won't be surprised if we buy him out in the off season. :P