2021 Draft Class

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: 2021 Draft Class

Post by Mickey107 »

This year's and even more so, next year's draft class are just simply hard to scout because of all the shit on the health crisis. The ratings are are all over the place, even more so than usual. I'm not adverse to trading the pick but not for an older player. I f you want our "(unfortunately)" high pick
this year, cough up a good player in a position we need that's 26 or under.

We will be taking our own pick. Pretty sure. Be hard to take on salary next year.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:55 am Not giving up a top 10 pick for one year of a soon to be 31 year old McNabb and the 60th pick. McNabb isn’t a guy killing their cap anyways. He only makes 2.5 million.
Fine! Forget Mcnabb!

Whitecloud it is
If you need air...call it in
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:37 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:30 am Brandt, Edvinsson or Lysell look to me to be the highest ceiling players. Maybe they arent generational talents but i would say they could be damn good
Trade the pick, Wizard. This class stinks as bad as SKYO’s homemade salmon candy
If it is so bad then why would any other GM give up assets?

Just like this season the 2021 draft will be interesting to see how the players develop.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

2Fingers wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:25 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:30 am Brandt, Edvinsson or Lysell look to me to be the highest ceiling players. Maybe they arent generational talents but i would say they could be damn good
Trade the pick, Wizard. This class stinks as bad as SKYO’s homemade salmon candy

Just like this season the 2021 draft will be interesting to see how the players develop.
He has no idea. He has said the 2017 drafts and 2020 draft were garbage as well. He’s out to lunch.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Fingers you may need to join Doyle at Colony Farms as well, you’re gettin’ bat shit crazier the older you get
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

2Fingers wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:25 pm If it is so bad then why would any other GM give up assets?
As the Dude says, a team might give up a quality player on the cheap because of the X Draft.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The idea of having a prospect pipeline is to keep the pipeline full and constantly producing young players on ELC’s. They don’t need to go two straight years of having pretty much nobody coming up unless it’s a deal that blows the GM’s socks off.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:15 pm

Fingers you may need to join Doyle at Colony Farms as well, you’re gettin’ bat shit crazier the older you get
Not really - on one hand you said this draft year sucks and then on the other hand you said trade our mid 1st round pick for another JT Miller. I assume (but I could be wrong) that the other 31 GMs are also all think what a shit show of a draft year.

Maybe we could take advantage of a team that is having cap issues but then again it is not like the Canucks have any room.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

2Fingers wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:02 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:15 pm

Not really - on one hand you said this draft year sucks and then on the other hand you said trade our mid 1st round pick for another JT Miller. I assume (but I could be wrong) that the other 31 GMs are also all think what a shit show of a draft year.

Maybe we could take advantage of a team that is having cap issues but then again it is not like the Canucks have any room.
UMMMMMMMM.

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 31#p422431

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 92#p422392

Cap-room can and will be cleared where/when needed, but there are a limited number of protected-player spots.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:17 pm
2Fingers wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:25 pm If it is so bad then why would any other GM give up assets?
As the Dude says, a team might give up a quality player on the cheap because of the X Draft.
We got Schmidt for a 3rd rounder last year.....Canuckland being what it is, I don't see anymore gift horses coming out way for at least another decade. :lol:
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Mëds wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:29 pm
We got Schmidt for a 3rd rounder last year.....Canuckland being what it is, I don't see anymore gift horses coming out way for at least another decade. :lol:
We also can't afford another Schmidt. This team has 1 more year of getting rid of all the crap before they can make the real changes needed.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

2Fingers wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:26 pm
We also can't afford another Schmidt. This team has 1 more year of getting rid of all the crap before they can make the real changes needed.
You need to add another finger or two when signalling the bartender, Fingers. You are obviously rattled by the notion of Bennings shrewd manoeuvres ie the Schmidt, Miller, Motte, Pearson acquisitions
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:24 am
You need to add another finger or two when signalling the bartender, Fingers. You are obviously rattled by the notion of Bennings shrewd manoeuvres ie the Schmidt, Miller, Motte, Pearson acquisitions
Explain oh great one how JB can fit in any expensive UFA this year or even do a trade for another Nate S?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

2Fingers wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:26 pm
Explain oh great one how JB can fit in any expensive UFA this year or even do a trade for another Nate S?
$20M coming off the books + sign the kids to bridge contracts.

If you need more trade/buy-out Jake/Holtby.

If you need more bite the bullet and add the sweetener needed to dump Beagle/Roussel and even Loui (huge sweetener).

Just sayin'... there are ways... hey you asked.
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:46 pm
2Fingers wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:26 pm
$20M coming off the books + sign the kids to bridge contracts.

If you need more trade/buy-out Jake/Holtby.

If you need more bite the bullet and add the sweetener needed to dump Beagle/Roussel and even Loui (huge sweetener).

Just sayin'... there are ways... hey you asked.
Absolutely, I hope he can do something but it will be right. I have my 2 fingers crossed.