Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:21 pm
SKYO wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:12 pm
And Elliotte gonna chip in.
So happy to announce Elliotte Friedman will be a contributor on Donnie and Dhali - the Team on CHECK Television

No one fires up Canucks twitter like @FriedgeHNIC
How the fuck does this dipshit get so much airtime? Hes a terrible hockey analyst
Agreed, and he gets his insider news by licking boots...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:12 pm brethren, Donnie and Rick gonna team up on ChekTV called Donnie and Dhali.
So I've heard.. viewtopic.php?p=419918#p419918
"evolution"
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

April 5th they start with their show “The Team”.

Nice to see CHEK, one of the few independent stations, getting back into sports TV.
Sportspage was an institution there back in the day. Not sure if I’ve watched anything on CHEK since back then.
Something/anything not out of Toronto should be an improvement. I hope they do well.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Agreed ^^^ Might be good if Gary Valk was not a regular contributor though.
"evolution"
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Cherry Picker wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:50 am April 5th they start with their show “The Team”.

Nice to see CHEK, one of the few independent stations, getting back into sports TV.
Sportspage was an institution there back in the day. Not sure if I’ve watched anything on CHEK since back then.
Something/anything not out of Toronto should be an improvement. I hope they do well.
I'll watch or record this to support CHEK and in support of the good 'ol Sports Page alumni. I watch the fishing shows on there all the time and along with a few other things.

Next up they should do a half hour or so post game show after every Canucks game. That would pull some viewers away from Sportsnet etc.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Just looked at the CHEK schedule this week. Nothing worth watching for me. It seems like this new show will be like Tim and Sid with discussion but not many highlights, but a lot of BC focused sports talk. They could definitely bring back Sportspage at the 11:00 PM slot. Right now it is a nightly 100 Huntley Street. You’d think this Bible Belt show would be too late for the seniors that watch it. Get Don Taylor to organize, but not be on a new Sportspage with new young (cheap) hosts that describe highlights of everything non-Toronto. You’d think they could get sponsors and viewership with that. Go CHEK Go!
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

A BC focused sports talk format would work, especially if they could incorporate amateur sports stories from around the province as that may help build a grass roots base of viewers from a younger demographic. Things like the BCHL or highschool basketball and have local kids from that age group file the report and provide interviews. Would mean a lot to communities outside of the lower mainland, it'd be big news for the players/teams and rookie reporters there, and add to the viewership tuning in to hear about the Canucks, Lions, and Whitecaps.

And absolutely no mention of the Blue Jays or Toronto's basketball teams please.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

SN650 revamp:
Sportsnet 650 Introduces New Weekday Lineup, Starting March 29

– Local fan-favourites Mike Halford and Jason Brough sign on to anchor SN650 morning drive show –
– Radio veteran Karen Surman to co-host midday timeslot alongside Scott Rintoul for both Vancouver and Calgary stations –
– Don Taylor to join SN650 as regular contributor to the afternoon drive show with new co-hosts Satiar Shah, Dan Riccio and Randip Janda

The refreshed Sportsnet 650 lineup is set to hit airwaves on Monday, March 29 beginning at 6 a.m. PT.

“In making these changes, we have made the difficult decision to part ways with some talented and dedicated broadcasters,” said MacEwen. “We want to sincerely thank James Cybulski, Perry Solkowski and Andrew Walker for their passion and unwavering commitment to helping build Sportsnet 650 into the station it is today. We wish them all the very best in their next chapter.”

https://media.sportsnet.ca/2021/03/spor ... -march-29/
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I like it.. Don Taylor debating with Sat Shah. :hmmm: I'm sure he'll fair better then his old friend Dave Pratt did on the old 1040 morning show. :oops:
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Don Taylor has almost as big of a fivehead as the Chef. :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ole Chef will be tuning and carpet bombing texts to Half and Bruff starting Monday, stay tuned
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:51 pm Don Taylor has almost as big of a fivehead as the Chef. :lol:
Doyle when you drive by Colony Farms when on the Mary Hill Bypass do you wish you lived there?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:51 pm Don Taylor has almost as big of a fivehead as the Chef. :lol:
He can be pretty funny.

Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Cherry Picker wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:11 am
He can be pretty funny.

I'm a Torts fan. The timing of him being here was all wrong for him and the team. If there was a year between him getting gassed by the Rangers and being hired here he might have had a chance. I was even ok with the clips of him shitting on Hansen and Edler on the bench and storming the Flames dressing room.