GDT: Canucks @ Senators Mar 17 4pm pst SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Senators Mar 17 4pm pst SN

Post by Meds »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:59 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:55 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:53 pm Demko packing the team around on his shoulders similar to the way Constable Ann Drennan used to carry the Chef around Oppenheimer Park before he became morbidly obese.
I’ve never been obese. The ladies love the Chefs physique.
I heard you had a physique like a meatball with four toothpicks sticking out of it. :mrgreen:
The ladies are wall-eyed hookers and DTES alley denizens who haven't been able to see for years thanks to everything they've shot into their veins. But who's to argue.....the ladies love his physique.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Demko put up a wall in the shootout.

Gaudette's goal was lucky to trickle through.

Take the 2 points and carry on.

I honestly don't know if I'd rather the high pick or playoffs this year.....I definitely would like Elmer to sell some pieces though.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Once again, an unheard of result as Demko leads the Canucks to a win against another rookie goalie and Strangelove’s wishes for brain farts. Ratpower and/or throne power must be very strong these days. Assuming the Oilers hold on to their win tonight the above and below 500 records will be:

Leaves +10
Jets +9
Oilers +6
Habs +5
Flames +1
Canucks -1
Senators -10

The Canucks are six back of the playoffs with 23 games left and playing back-to-back against the Habs next. It’s amazing that Demko got them this close so fast to make the coming games matter, but now the rubber hits the road. They need to get better than a split against Toffoli and the Habs if they don’t want to be out of it and sellers at the TDL.

(Edit to fix stats)
Last edited by Cherry Picker on Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Post-game; Thatcher Demko..4;05 min. Very humble as usual. Always gives the team the credit. He thought he was beaten on one of the shoot-out chances. Didn't realize he got just enough of it. Appreciates the defense and forwards getting in the shooting lanes and blocking shots.

Post-game; Brock Boeser..4:10 min. Thought this game was a better one for the team then the first one. Likes playing with Bo again. Did what he wanted on the shoot-out just didn't get enough velocity on it.

Post-game; Adam Gaudette..2:15 min. Says he got some tips from Clarky on shootouts, (smiles). Watched Thatcher for years,(in college) always knew he'd be a great goalie.

Post-game; Travis Green..5:18 min. Thought this game was much better then the last. Not afraid to put Motte right back in all situations including the power-play. Tried hard to get Vesey in to the line-up but they wouldn't OK it at the last moment. He isn't surprised at how good Demko is. Says they always new he was......
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

what an abysmal game to watch

saw a stripper in the zoobaloos bar with a pierced clit, fisherman at the next table says "that's for tying up your herring skiff"
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cherry Picker wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:52 pm Once again, an unheard of result as Demko leads the Canucks to a win against another rookie goalie and Strangelove’s wishes for brain farts. Ratpower and/or throne power must be very strong these days. Assuming the Oilers hold on to their win tonight the above and below 500 records will be:

Leaves +10
Jets +9
Oilers +6
Habs +5
Flames +1
Canucks -1
Senators -10

The Canucks are six back of the playoffs with 23 games left and playing back-to-back against the Habs next. It’s amazing that Demko got them this close so fast to make the coming games matter, but now the rubber hits the road. They need to get better than a split against Toffoli and the Habs if they don’t want to be out of it and sellers at the TDL.

(Edit to fix stats)
It's incredible the difference regulation wins/losses makes in a season where it is strictly divisional play. In any other season Vancouver would have been long out of the picture, but when you can go on a 10 out of 12 point run against those divisional opponents the gap closes quicker.....lose and it opens up faster too.

Winning these back-to-back's against Montreal in regulation will ironically leave them very seriously in the picture - 2 points up on Montreal. However, the games in hand will be tough for Vancouver to overcome.

Let's say that Vancouver can maintain a .700 pace for the rest of the season, they would finish with 16 more wins and 64 points.

Montreal can play at a .556 pace and finish with 64 points and, if it comes down to it, displace Vancouver based on season series record.

There are 7 games remaining against Montreal and Edmonton, and I think these are the key must wins. If the Canucks can steal those points in regulation it will go a long ways to giving them a solid chance.....however they still need to play .700 hockey overall.

We also have 4 games remaining against Calgary, we're up on them but based on their games in hand (3) we need better than a split.

Even though Edmonton is tied for points with the Jets, I don't think it's even conceivable for Vancouver to think about catching Winterpeg.....the have four games in hand, Edmonton only has one, and we have 5 matchups still remaining with the Coilers.

We also have to hope that the Senators can continue to do us a few favours. To date Ottawa has managed to beat every team in the division at least once.....except for us and Edmonton. If we can continue to pad our stats against them in our remaining four meetings that is also a massive edge should the Senators steal a couple more wins against Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary.

Wouldn't it be the height of irony if the Canucks manage to ride Demko into late April, position themselves to have a shot by beating these other opponents, and then shit the bed and lose 3 or 4 to Ottawa and miss the playoffs after feasting on gimme's from them in the first 5 meetings. It would be a very Canuck thing to do though, no? :lol:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

If, as some wish, a regulation win was 3 points so that all games had 3 total points available, regulation wins would be 6 point swings instead of 4 point swings.

It is why I do not want the 3 points available for a regulation win.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Mëds wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:04 am It would be a very Canuck thing to do though, no? :lol:
Demko has been playing very un-Canuck. It’s very un-Canuck to beat rookie goalies, especially when they’re playing their first ever game, unthinkable really.

Come to think of it, winning a Stanley Cup is the epitome of un-Canuckness.
Let’s ride this horse. Go Demko Go!
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:49 am
Mëds wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:04 am It would be a very Canuck thing to do though, no? :lol:
It’s very un-Canuck to beat rookie goalies, especially when they’re playing their first ever game, unthinkable really.
Lol, so bloody true. I'm surprised the Ottawa goalies didn't share a SHUTOUT.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Mëds wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:20 pm Gaudette's goal was lucky to trickle through.
The Hockey Gaud steps up again with another big goal, proving the doubters wrong. :P
I honestly don't know if I'd rather the high pick or playoffs this year.....I definitely would like Elmer to sell some pieces though.
I'm fine either way, but I'm leaning towards playoffs. With Petey & Huggy still on their ELCs, might as well just try and go for it. We have a lot of solid pieces and I could see us going on a run again like last year.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The canucks will need to pass both MTL and CAL to qualify. Both have games in hand on us but both are inconsistent. Not impossible but i would say they need to take all 4 points in regulation tonight and tomorrow. The frogs have Vancouvers number and Demko cant play both games so I'd say that's a long shot.

If they can somehow pull it off then its on
If you need air...call it in
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:12 am The frogs have Vancouvers number and Demko cant play both games so I'd say that's a long shot.

But we have #RATPOWER - it will happen.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:12 am
The frogs have Vancouvers number and Demko cant play both games so I'd say that's a long shot.

Not anymore + Maybe he can play two games in two nights.

Even if the teams split, it isn't over yet.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

We need these points more than against other teams because this is a 3 horse race for that last playoff seat. Itll be one of calgary van or mtl barring an unlikely collapse of the top 3
If you need air...call it in