Elias Pettersson is Vancouver's most overrated player

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Elias Pettersson is Vancouver's most overrated player

Post by Topper »

5thhorseman wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:05 am Isn't this thread just a big 'ol strawman? Who exactly was it that said Petey was generational? C'mon stand up :)
A hilarious lark. Ironically it drifted off into food in the rural BC town of a denizen of the list.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

This thread is fun but are we not too early for April 1st?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I'm not sure if Pettersson is overrated around the league, maybe a bit. Hasn't been the same player this year and that's a bit alarming to me.
Might be due to bad coaching. The standing in one spot waiting for the perfect pass on the PP for the one-time is just plain silly and predictable.
It's creativity and a deceptive shot that are is bread and butter.
Having a long successful career, one for the record books, will depend on a very good attendance record. Of late, he has been taking too much grief
from opposition teams that have guys designated to make his life miserable.
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

5thhorseman wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:05 am Isn't this thread just a big 'ol strawman? Who exactly was it that said Petey was generational? C'mon stand up :)
Sounds like something Doc or Chef said while they were guzzling Jimmy's load to cover up the fact that they wanted Vilardi over Pettersson.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Mëds wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:53 am
Sounds like something Doc or Chef said while they were guzzling Jimmy's load to cover up the fact that they wanted Vilardi over Pettersson.
Pettersson and Hughes is enough generational for us.

Pettersson and Hughes are Generational

Again, our first round picks of 2017 - Petterson and 2018 - Hughes are Generational in the NHL.

When you draft Generational talent like Pettersson and Hughes

Petey is generational.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The Chef has been stealth throat pumping Doyle for years now about Petey being generational and he never even felt a thing
If you need air...call it in
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I think we should clear up a few definitions.

To me, and I could be wrong, ‘generational’ is used for a person who changed the way the sport is played, or the greatest player of that era
Great changed the game.
Howe changed the game
Mario, Sid and McJesus are arguable the best of their generations.

‘Franchise player’ (implies elite status) are the people that the best at that role or position on a specific team. Top 6 forwards, they gotta be PPG. Defenceman must be Norris considerate, and goalies veznia.. not sure if there has ever been a bottom 6 franchise guy.

Now, Demko, Petey and Hughes are all franchise guys, but they are not generational yet.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cornuck wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:16 pm
Mëds wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:53 am
Pettersson and Hughes is enough generational for us.

Pettersson and Hughes are Generational

Again, our first round picks of 2017 - Petterson and 2018 - Hughes are Generational in the NHL.

When you draft Generational talent like Pettersson and Hughes

Petey is generational.
:lol:

There’s a kick in the gunt for Chef and Doc right there. Lol!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:25 pm The Chef has been stealth throat pumping Doyle for years now about Petey being generational and he never even felt a thing
Throat pumping me? Yeah....no. More like fisting himself and launching his diapers everywhere. If he wants to make a fool of himself he can have at it. The compulsive lying gets to be a bit much but if he thinks Pettersson is equal to Crosby there isn’t much I can do to help him. :eh:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:10 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:25 pm The Chef has been stealth throat pumping Doyle for years now about Petey being generational and he never even felt a thing
Throat pumping me? Yeah....no. More like fisting himself and launching his diapers everywhere. If he wants to make a fool of himself he can have at it. The compulsive lying gets to be a bit much but if he thinks Pettersson is equal to Crosby there isn’t much I can do to help him. :eh:
I would guess somewhere around 90% of his posts are directed at you to illicit a response. You probably respond to 99.5% of his baitings therefor...the stealth throat pumpings shall be acknowledged
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Mëds wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:00 pm
There’s a kick in the gunt for Chef and Doc right there. Lol!
Top Gunt!
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Are you making a statement about the size of Doyle's mouth or the size of Chef's.... :blush:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Lancer wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:38 pm
Are you making a statement about the size of Doyle's mouth or the size of Chef's.... :blush:
:wow:

Shit...I'm throwing a big old alli for Doyle to oop on aren't I

"rumour has it"?

:mex:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:34 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:10 pm
I would guess somewhere around 90% of his posts are directed at you to illicit a response. You probably respond to 99.5% of his baitings therefor...the stealth throat pumpings shall be acknowledged
Boss... him and I have been playing this game since what, the turn of the century? If I didn’t respond to him this place would be dead. Actually maybe he never really went full troll until Dan Hamhuis signed and then he constantly called him out while the team was tearing the league a new one... Hamhuis BTW was a fantastic free agent signing. The Chef hated 2008-11.

BTW most of my responses although tongue in cheek are usually on the mark. I just don’t tend to be as bipolar as the Chef.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:00 pm I think we should clear up a few definitions.

To me, and I could be wrong, ‘generational’ is used for a person who changed the way the sport is played, or the greatest player of that era
Great changed the game.
Howe changed the game
Mario, Sid and McJesus are arguable the best of their generations.

‘Franchise player’ (implies elite status) are the people that the best at that role or position on a specific team. Top 6 forwards, they gotta be PPG. Defenceman must be Norris considerate, and goalies veznia.. not sure if there has ever been a bottom 6 franchise guy.

Now, Demko, Petey and Hughes are all franchise guys, but they are not generational yet.
So the Sedins were not franchise players.

I always laughed when people called them point per game players. Daniel managed ppg 4 seasons of his 17 season NHL career, Hank manged it 3 seasons of 17 seasons.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.