Which of the core should be signed long term this summer?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Which player(s) would you sign to a long term contract this summer?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:44 am

Pettersson
5%
Hughes
15%
Demko
10%
Pettersson and Hughes
15%
Pettersson and Demko
No votes
Hughes and Demko
5%
All - Pettersson, Hughes and Demko
45%
None - Neither Pettersson, Hughes nor Demko
5%

Total votes: 20

theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Which of the core should be signed long term this summer?

Post by theman »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:43 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:39 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:33 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:30 am I thought you lived on the Cap Reserve
I bet Doyle is jealous that my shitty old house in Lynn Valley is pushing $2 million while his in Tri Cities hasn’t reached $1 million yet
My neighbor just sold his place for 1.35
Christ. What the living fuck is going on down there? Why havent you cashed out and retired Doyle?
You want regret? Here it is for you, my parents owned both sides of a duplex in Clearbrook in the late 80s. Dad got transferred to the NW and my mom didn’t want to deal with trying to sell property from a distance so they sold quickly. The made money yes but housing prices literally doubled 6 months later when the first boom happened. Ffs.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:30 am I thought you lived on the Cap Reserve
I bet Doyle is jealous that my shitty old house in Lynn Valley is pushing $2 million while his in Tri Cities hasn’t reached $1 million yet
Christ. What the living fuck is going on down there? Why havent you cashed out and retired Doyle?
If my kids were done school I would bugger off to Peachland or Wetspank tomorrow. Four more years... puts me at 54 almost 55. Then I can start hitting the RRSPs. Sell both cribs and get the hell off the wet coast.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:36 am I left van in 2000 because i was outraged at the 300k asking price on houses in burnaby. I guess i should've probably sucked it up lol
Dumpy old Tear downs in Lynn valley are hitting the market between $1.8 and $2 million and selling $200,000 to $300,000 over the asking with multiple offers, it’s insane. Go fucking figure
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

My 1st divorce had me sell my awesome lakefront place in osoyoos only to see it quadruple in value over the next 2 years.

I tried like a mutherfucker to buy her out but she had lawyered up and was trying to hammer me with "projected or prospective value" so i told her fuck you and i sold rather than throw cash at lawyers. I hate that cunt to this day because of it.
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:49 am
If my kids were done school I would bugger off to Peachland or Wetspank tomorrow. Four more years... puts me at 54 almost 55. Then I can start hitting the RRSPs. Sell both cribs and get the hell off the wet coast.
Thats 4 more years of that clusterfuck. They have schools in the achin-organ you know
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:35 am Terrorist sucks. Why would you go there lol
It’s considered a good investment town, on the up and up. The Okanagan is too expensive now, same with the Island
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:54 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:35 am Terrorist sucks. Why would you go there lol
It’s considered a good investment town, on the up and up. The Okanagan is too expensive now, same with the Island
I recommend heading up before you entertain that idea. Smithers is far nicer but less amenities
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:51 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:36 am I left van in 2000 because i was outraged at the 300k asking price on houses in burnaby. I guess i should've probably sucked it up lol
Dumpy old Tear downs in Lynn valley are hitting the market between $1.8 and $2 million and selling $200,000 to $300,000 over the asking with multiple offers, it’s insane. Go fucking figure
This won’t last. As Covid gets eliminated more people will list and interest rates will rise as the economy opens up. Great time to sell. There will be a lot of bankrupt millennials in half a decade when they have to refinance their over-extended mortgages at normalized interest rates.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:56 am
I recommend heading up before you entertain that idea. Smithers is far nicer but less amenities
OK, Smithers it is. Chef is in. I can buy 4 houses for the price of my one in Lynn Valley. Just scanned Smithers real estate. I’m getting in the landlord business
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:03 am
This won’t last. As Covid gets eliminated more people will list and interest rates will rise as the economy opens up. Great time to sell. There will be a lot of bankrupt millennials in half a decade when they have to refinance their over-extended mortgages at normalized interest rates.
Settle down, Cherry. You’re being worse than Tony Gallagher
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:03 am
It will level off but it shouldn’t crash. They can’t raise the rates too fast or there will be too many people who can’t afford to pay their mortgage. The rates will creep up very slowly.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Okanagan and the Island aren’t expensive compared to the GVRD.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

So whats a mortgage payment look like on a million+ home anyway? 5k a month?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:09 am
Not cheap either.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:10 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:09 am
Not cheap either.
No just cheaper than here. I regret selling my share in the average at Deka. We made 15 K profit in 18 months and did nothing to it. My buddy bought a machine cleared the entire thing, dug out septic and well. He will end up making an easy 300 K when this is done. Prices are going crazy there now too. Our cabin should fetch at least 300. Not bad as we are into it for about 150. Bought in 2011.

I can find a real nice place in Peachland or Blind Bay for 900. I’d have to move to the Wack to find a place for 900