Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:10 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:50 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:34 pm Randorf took the PBP job with the Lightning. He didn’t get axed.

Randorf is a shitty PBP guy but a good dude. The guy that’s on there now is horrendous at PBP. Yamomoto !!!!! YamaYamaMotoooo!!!! Unsure why CBC allows this
It's SN Doyle. Anyway, he got axed, went lookin' for work and then got hired in TB.

How it went down according to Dave himself.
Ok... haven’t dug into it much. But I’d take a PBP gig in Tampa instead of playing fifth wheel at CBC/SN.
Yeah, it was a nice soft landing for ol' Dave for sure. Tampa's veteran pbp guy happened to retire last offseason I guess.
el rey del mambo
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-espn-disne ... 322346092
That’s it. Disney is involved, we are all fucked now
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Don Taylor returning to TV with two other former TSN 1040 broadcasters
Tyler Green;
Mar 11 2021, 10:22 am... LINK
Don Taylor is headed back to television, and he’s bringing two former TSN 1040 colleagues with him.

Taylor teased his return to the airwaves last week, saying it would “involve some friends from 1040.” This week, he promised “Rick’s return,” posting a photo of his friend and long-time colleague, Rick Dhaliwal.

Daily Hive has learned that Taylor and Dhaliwal, along with former TSN 1040 producer Ryan Henderson, will be part of a new television show on CHEK TV, where Sports Page found a home for four years from 2001 to 2005.

Dhaliwal will co-host with Taylor, with Henderson producing the show.

Fans will no doubt welcome Taylor’s return to TV as he was much beloved during his time on Sportsnet and Sports Page. Details about the show are still being fine-tuned, but expect a combination of Taylor’s television style mixed with the radio show.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

[
Thomas Drance
@ThomasDrance
·
44m
Stop this. There are no "Kids" poised to play in the bottom six for the #Canucks tonight.

If they go 7 D, the bottom-six Fs will look like this:
Gaudette (24)
Hawryluk (25)
Michaelis (25)
MacEwen (24)
Eriksson (35)

Average age is north of 30.
Quote Tweet
chris feilde
@CFeilde
· 45m
Replying to @ThomasDrance
Could be a blessing, let the kids show what they got. Oh and loui Face with tears of joy
:lol:

TD should ask for his money back from the University of Torontoilet
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:39 pm :lol:

Is Drance one of the morons that the mongoloids at that other site worship?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:56 pm

And his side kick Dayal.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Hes the bald stuttering wanker who sometimes sits in with Dan Murphy between periods
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Bieksa’s full size cut out of Burke was pretty funny during the first intermission. He makes the intermission watchable again.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:10 pm Bieksa’s full size cut out of Burke was pretty funny during the first intermission. He makes the intermission watchable again.
He had that naked Kesler pic up a while back lol...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Gohmert, Harman Dayal actually has some decent takes. Drance, and String Tie however are idiots.

Don Taylor back on TV with Rick Dhaliwal is cringeworthy. Taylor was awesome from 1985- 2005. He’s awful now on both tv and radio unless he re invents himself. The last few years he was bored the audience with awful putrid imitations and behaving like he thinks he’s Walter Matthau. Dhaliwal was great when he was just a reporter/insider. He now thinks he’s Russel Peters and Don Cherry rolled into one.

Hopefully they cut out the cackling and giggling of the knob Ryan Henderson. The only redeeming thing about Henderson is his late father in law. Why he needs to giggle like a hyena constantly while the radio show is going on is baffling.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Who is this Tony Rigatone on Twitter?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:47 pm Gohmert, Harman Dayal actually has some decent takes. Drance, and String Tie however are idiots.

Don Taylor back on TV with Rick Dhaliwal is cringeworthy. Taylor was awesome from 1985- 2005. He’s awful now on both tv and radio unless he re invents himself. The last few years he was bored the audience with awful putrid imitations and behaving like he thinks he’s Walter Matthau. Dhaliwal was great when he was just a reporter/insider. He now thinks he’s Russel Peters and Don Cherry rolled into one.

Hopefully they cut out the cackling and giggling of the knob Ryan Henderson. The only redeeming thing about Henderson is his late father in law. Why he needs to giggle like a hyena constantly while the radio show is going on is baffling.
Reading some of Drance's articles at The Athletic always takes me back to my days growing up in Victoria when all you needed was a Grade 12 education and I started my first career working in the corporate world...

I was a retail lender working in the main office of a Bank filled with corporate lenders, and one of the differences between the two other than their higher education level was that they loved to hear the sound of their voices while we liked to keep it short and simple...

Say someone is applying for a car loan...

The corporate lender would write; This long, established client of our Bank has after a long deliberation and much compilation come to the conclusion that it makes sound sense for him to investigate the possibility of trading in his current vehicle for a larger, more comfortable vehicle and to our satisfaction has graced us with his application...

The retail lender would write; He wants to buy a car....

Drance reminds me of one of those corporate lenders who uses paragraphs to say what should be said in a sentence or two....

I can fall victim to that bad habit which is why I like to use the "...." to force myself to keep my comments from being any longer than they are...

Speaking of Taylor and Sport Page, it was at that job that I had a chance to meet Paul Carson and wish him good luck as he was about to move across the water to the big city and start a career at Sport Page...

And it was where I had my first look at the financials of not only players but also the owners of major junior and pro hockey teams...

Take care...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hey Rik, can you bankroll ole Chef on some commercial properties in Smithers?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:09 am Hey Rik, can you bankroll ole Chef on some commercial properties in Smithers?
Check out new Brunswick for value. You could own an entire town there for 2 million
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I believe he was one of the fancy stats whores form canuck army or such place who turned his blogging into a media gig. I had a look over at Bountiful and see that Bingo has gone full fancy stat. Mongoloids.

Please tell me at what point do shots for/against begin to reflect goals with outliers smoothed from the data? What is a T test?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.