LOL

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Nowhereman
AHL Prospect

Re: LOL

Post by Nowhereman »

Well, it took me long enough but I finally made my way to Canucks Corner! And this thread, in particular, was the prompt I needed, lol.

Although I'm not a fan of petty insults, if there was ever a bunch of self-righteous crybabies that deserve the odd bit of mud thrown their way, it's the crew over at HFBoards. It's one thing to criticize Benning, as he's made his fair share of mistakes and is not immune to criticism. But resorting to tireless hyperbole, childish vitriol, endless hypocrisy, unbending narratives and constant tail-chasing, with a heavy dollop of smugness and the Dunning-Kruger effect, is not the way to do it.

When asked to provide alternatives to Benning's decisions, they usually just throw out options that are even more obtuse than the real world results, proving that their hate comes less from a place of knowledge and more so from a place of... well, I'm not sure what the hell has all those neckbeards so damn livid. Me thinks HFCanucks is merely a vehicle for venting their life-related grievances, masked as hockey-related ones.

Anyway, glad to be here! :D
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Welcome aboard Nowhereman!
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Nowhereman wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:09 am

Although I'm not a fan of petty insults

Me thinks HFCanucks is merely a vehicle for venting their life-related grievances, masked as hockey-related ones.

Watch out for the Chef. He is a very insulting fellow. He is a local legend for all the wrong reasons. For doing ridiculous amounts of cocaine, running a less than stellar drywalling business and for his creepy wardrobe of wife beaters, spandex pants and cowboy boots. He’s about 5ft 4, 290 , long flowing skullet with a massive rum nose, all full of veins and zits. You’ve been warned. :mex:

Agree about your last comment

Welcome aboard
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Welcome NWM - We've been anxiously awaiting your arrival. ;)

Hopefully you can live with the petty insults as it's the glue that holds this board together. We're a bunch of grumpy old men with not much else to do. ;)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:27 am

Watch out for the Chef. He is a very insulting fellow. He is a local legend for all the wrong reasons. For doing ridiculous amounts of cocaine, running a less than stellar drywalling business and for his creepy wardrobe of wife beaters, spandex pants and cowboy boots. He’s about 5ft 4, 290 , long flowing skullet with a massive rum nose, all full of veins and zits. You’ve been warned. :mex:

Welcome aboard
Chef is a drywaller? I always got more of a roofer vibe off him.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

ESQ wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:08 pm

Welcome aboard
Chef is a drywaller? I always got more of a roofer vibe off him.
Does the Chef cruise around the site on stilts with his folk music blaring while he smears the ceilings?

:lol:

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

With the picture that Doyle has painted of the Dude over the years, the thought of him on stilts is almost as scary as mick on a roof!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Cornuck wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:24 pm With the picture that Doyle has painted of the Dude over the years, the thought of him on stilts is almost as scary as mick on a roof!
I bet he spends half of his 4 hour work day on smoko as well
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Nowhereman wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:09 am Well, it took me long enough but I finally made my way to Canucks Corner! And this thread, in particular, was the prompt I needed, lol.

Although I'm not a fan of petty insults, if there was ever a bunch of self-righteous crybabies that deserve the odd bit of mud thrown their way, it's the crew over at HFBoards[ CanucksCorner. It's one thing to criticize Benning, as he's made his fair share of mistakes and is not immune to criticism. But resorting to tireless hyperbole, childish vitriol, endless hypocrisy, unbending narratives and constant tail-chasing, with a heavy dollop of smugness and the Dunning-Kruger effect, is not the way to do it.

Anyway, glad to be here! :D
I see you have met my friends Baubles and the Dude.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Welcome NWM

Nice to see you posting, looking forward to your contributions
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Nowhereman wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:09 am Although I'm not a fan of petty insults

Me thinks HFCanucks is merely a vehicle for venting their life-related grievances, masked as hockey-related ones.
Watch out for the Chef. He is a very insulting fellow. He is a local legend for all the wrong reasons. For doing ridiculous amounts of cocaine, running a less than stellar drywalling business and for his creepy wardrobe of wife beaters, spandex pants and cowboy boots. He’s about 5ft 4, 290 , long flowing skullet with a massive rum nose, all full of veins and zits.
Finally, someone trying to put an end to all the petty insults around here!!

Thanks Doyle, you're the classiest subject-changing goalpost-moving strawman-building dink ever! :lol:

Sorry for this thread Nowhereman, but those scumsucking ditchpig HF mongoloids drove us to it.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

ukcanuck wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:27 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:53 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:32 pm When he pms me he’s usually enraged shouting about Jim Nabors and anti gay shit.
Nabors' version of Rose Garden put's Lynn Anderson's to shame...

Well golly Sarge! I ain’t heard Jim Nabors name in fuck 40 years easy, never mind that rose garden song.

So is there a connection between gomert and gomer pile
Yep. But don't rib him about his rich operatic baritone singing voice whatever you do UKcanuck.

He gets plumb mad ;)
el rey del mambo
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Nowhereman wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:09 am Although I'm not a fan of petty insults, if there was ever a bunch of self-righteous crybabies that deserve the odd bit of mud thrown their way, it's the crew over at HFBoards. It's one thing to criticize Benning, as he's made his fair share of mistakes and is not immune to criticism. But resorting to tireless hyperbole, childish vitriol, endless hypocrisy, unbending narratives and constant tail-chasing, with a heavy dollop of smugness and the Dunning-Kruger effect, is not the way to do it.

When asked to provide alternatives to Benning's decisions, they usually just throw out options that are even more obtuse than the real world results, proving that their hate comes less from a place of knowledge and more so from a place of... well, I'm not sure what the hell has all those neckbeards so damn livid. Me thinks HFCanucks is merely a vehicle for venting their life-related grievances, masked as hockey-related ones.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:09 am The Doyle~Chef flame wars are more of a feature than a problem.
Agreed.

____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ESQ wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:08 pm

Welcome aboard
Chef is a drywaller? I always got more of a roofer roofie vibe off him.
Fixed.