GDT: Leaves at Canucks - Mar 4, 7pm RSN - Gohmert107’s playpen

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Leaves at Canucks - Mar 4, 7pm RSN - Gohmert107’s playpen

Post by Mickey107 »

VAN -0-1 -EVEN: -Jake Virtanen (2) Wrist Shot,- assists: Quinn Hughes (21),- Tanner Pearson (5) -02:59- 1st --- https://streamable.com/j7dq7m

VAN- 1-2- PPG:- Jake Virtanen (3) Snap Shot,- assists: Adam Gaudette (3),- Tyler Myers (10)- 11:29- 2nd --- https://streamable.com/is8bl3

VAN- 1-3- EVEN:- Bo Horvat (10) Snap Shot-, assists: Alexander Edler (5), -Nate Schmidt (5)- 07:56- 3rd --- https://streamable.com/fhozan

Team-- Shots-- Hit-- Power Play-- Face offs
TOR----- 32---- 18------ 0/2--------- 46.0%
VAN----- 28---- 20------ 1/1--------- 54.0%

"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Virtanen attempted hit on Morgan Reilly --- https://streamable.com/ru2y1m

Jake Virtanen intermission interview --- https://streamable.com/v8uhqp

Mikheyev hit on Hamonic --- https://streamable.com/fmcewl

Demko robs Mikheyev --- https://streamable.com/7qgl3w

The Three Stars --- https://streamable.com/ceyh2s
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Post-game; Thatcher Demko..6:18, min.
Thatcher Demko: Our PK was great. Toronto had a couple of shots from the outside on the first PP, and I don't think they had a shot on the second one.
Going into the 3rd period up one, and being able to play smart and continue playing our game and playing aggressive and keeping the puck down in their end. A huge step in the right direction for our group.
I'm learning a lot, and I'm able to take some of the things I'm learning and apply them to the game. Just want to keep developing, keep growing and keep working.
--Thatcher Demko on his pad stack save on Mikheyev: I don't know. I just did it. You're not really thinking in those situations.
--Thatcher Demko on Jake Virtanen: Tunes was moving. He's such an effective player when he's skating and playing confident.
Post-game; Marc Michaelis / Jake Virtanen..8:24, min.
Marc Michaelis says he can't put in to words how excited he was when he got the news he would be playing this morning. He said the day felt like it lasted forever leading up to the game.
I was pretty happy when I got my first shift in, but I settled down in the intermission, everything kind of settled down and that was the part where I felt more comfortable with everything going on.
--Marc Michaelis on squad: It's been really difficult for all of us. With everything going on & the circumstances, no one has gone through that. It was really tough mentally to be ready to play when your number is called when you're only getting practice time
Jake Virtanen on the criticism he's received this year: A lot of players go through it. It's just part of hockey and part of the business. I love playing in Vancouver. I love the fans.
--Jake Virtanen: It felt good, for sure. Felt good in a win. If you lose, it probably wouldn't have felt as great. When you win games, you're having fun.It was a good game by the team, and I felt like it was one of my better games tonight, but I don't think that they're trying to showcase me. I think that management has faith in me. I want to stay as a Canuck for as long as I can.
I feel like the last couple of games, I've gotten my confidence back. I feel like I didn't have it as much earlier in the season, but I have it right now. Even in practice, I feel like I'm handling the puck better.
Post-game; Travis Green..7:06, min.
Elias Pettersson is day to day with an upper body injury, per Travis Green.
--Travis Green: I thought Demmer played a great game, but it didn't feel like it was a one sided game. That's an offensive team where you're going to give up chances and your goalie's going to need to make saves.
--Travis Green: If (Jake) can bring that game to the table every night, he's an effective player in the league. I was happy for him to have a big game for us tonight. That's the player we've envisioned from day one.
--"He's going to continue to play enough games to keep everyone happy." - Travis Green on the plan for how much to play Demko going forward
Brendan Batchelor quotes.
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Nice to see us beat the best team in our division. Hopefully it gives our guys a bit of confidence and get a bit of a streak going. Schmidty luvs his streaks. :lol:

Great to see Jake finally get rewarded with some lucky bounces, as he had zero puck luck all year. The first goal kinda just flew up and bounces into the net. The 2nd goal the goalie should of had from that angle, but Jake has the accuracy and mustard in his shot that sometimes those shots can find its way in

https://streamable.com/is8bl3

Jake scored a similar goal from a poor angle for us in the playoffs I recall. Hopefully we see Jake start ripping in some goals top shelf again. :D

Couple of Tidbits:
- Michaelis had a pretty debut I guess. Huggy did put him in a difficult spot on that GA. I personally thought MacEwen deserved a chance to play on that 3rd line spot. Greener does like to balance his lefties and righties though, maybe that was his reasoning.
- I did like Miller centering his own line. He does make poor passes at times, but he's a beast in the dot and he's built like a bull (like BoHo), so he can be tuff to play against down low. Instead of having 1 BoHo, we now have 2. 2 poor man Jonathan Toews down the middle. :P
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Will this be enough evidence for Green to realize that Demko is the clear no. 1 and the nets are not to be shared equally with Lunch Bucket Holtby
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Soooooo, same line-up next game? Keep Petey out?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Whats funny is that we only have an 8 page GDT when we beat the laffs but whenever we lose theres 20+ pages of manic depressive therapy like venting festivals
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:51 am Whats funny is that we only have an 8 page GDT when we beat the laffs but whenever we lose theres 20+ pages of manic depressive therapy like venting festivals
Baby steps.
"evolution"
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:51 am Whats funny is that we only have an 8 page GDT when we beat the laffs but whenever we lose theres 20+ pages of manic depressive therapy like venting festivals
Yeah, but if you take away Blobs rants about cap manglement that pretty much evens it out.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I think people realize they’re out of it. The threads were pretty lively up to about the 20 game mark and now reality has set in.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

5thhorseman wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:03 am
Yeah, but if you take away Blobs rants about cap manglement that pretty much evens it out.
:lol:
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:19 am I think people realize they’re out of it. The threads were pretty lively up to about the 20 game mark and now reality has set in.
I just took a hard look at all the remaining North Div. team's remaining schedules and trends of late. I think if the Canucks can manage seven wins in their next ten, it might get interesting. Make a big difference what happens in Calgary though. Montreal too.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah.......no. Stick a fork in them.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:35 am Yeah.......no. Stick a fork in them.
Yah it’s a mighty steep climb
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

rats19 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:37 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:35 am Yeah.......no. Stick a fork in them.
Yah it’s a mighty steep climb
Pick up 17/18 points of the next 20 and it’s possible.