Lukas Krajicek

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Fred
CC Legend

Lukas Krajicek

Post by Fred »

Man I like this kid, has a chance to become a big asset in the future. Smooth skaters, good agility, fair shot, positional play will get better but not bad and his shot is not bad either. In short the new NHL defensman ?
cheers
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Yeah I think he is a pretty decent pickup too Fred ... only 23 years old. I think he has alot of potential which is good cause as some of our regulars now begin to age we are going to need to start seeing the next generation of players stepping it up and filing the holes...

Grizz
Bill Laforge
CC Rookie

Post by Bill Laforge »

The sleeper in this trade for sure. In 3-4 years he could be an all-star.
Kel
MVP
MVP

Post by Kel »

Bill Laforge wrote:The sleeper in this trade for sure. In 3-4 years he could be an all-star.
That's really high expectation. If in 3-4 years he can be a consenus top 3 D or better, I'd be really happy.
WCE
MVP
MVP

Post by WCE »

He certainly has the potential to do so, kel.

He is a little small, and a little young at this point. But he has been quite good in his role and is certainly helping to eat up minutes on the backend. He and Bieksa have been playing like competent 4/5 guys, and that is what this team needs in order to have a shot at winning games.

In a few years, he could be something special. Despite having a bit of weak shot, he does have very good instincts and above average passing.

If he can limit his bad pinches he will be a guy to watch.

I am very happy with his level of play thus far.
"We Will Rise Again"

- Fan's sign from the final game of the 05/06 season
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

I think he is going to be another offensive forward that so many Canucks fans can't understand, they seem to like the Mitchell or Murzyn type in Vanvouver.
cheers
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

He reminds me of Rene Vydarney... :lol:

Take care...
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

Fred wrote:I think he is going to be another offensive forward that so many Canucks fans can't understand, they seem to like the Mitchell or Murzyn type in Vanvouver.
I don't think it's a matter of not understanding, it's a matter of wanting a balance. I do want offensive, mobile guys like Krajicek, like Koltsov hopefully will be, even what Baumer was, BUT, we ALSO needed a tough, stay at home guy to balance things out, Allen was sort of growing into that and when losing him (as well as Jovo's physicality) I was very happy to pick up Mitchell. Yes, I thought Murzyn had his value, but that didn't mean I wasn't a Lumme fan.
Mark
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

I think every good defensive pairing has to have a yin and yang element. Lumme had Murzyn, Jovo had Malik, and Krajicek has Mithell. If you're going to activate the defense on the rush or in the offensive zone (which I think is the way to go), you need that other D to know he is the safety net and play as such. The only abberrance is Ohlund and Salo, where they can both alternate (though I think Salo should play the safety net more than Ohlund).

You need both sides of the coin, at least on you top two pairings. I loved Lumme and Murzyn because they complimented eachother. It's all about both D-men knowing who does what on the ice and each fulfilling their end of the bargain. I think Mitchell and Krajicek have that chemistry. Mitchell is further along the curve of what he does compared to Krajicek, but that will allow Krajicek to grow into what I think will be a better version of Lumme: skates really well, passes well and has creativity, not a big shot but effective and deceptive. Krajicek may turn out to be just as important an acquisition as Luongo in a couple years' time... if we still have him.
gobi
MVP
MVP

Post by gobi »

I am going to go off topic a bit but talking about D made me think of Jovo so I checked out Phoenix's board and there's plenty of finger pointings at Jovo. Some are calling him the worst FA signing. The fans there say that he doesn't skate, is lazy, and doesn't hit. I felt a little vindicated since I was part of the anti-Jovo camp.
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

I am going to go off topic a bit but talking about D made me think of Jovo so I checked out Phoenix's board and there's plenty of finger pointings at Jovo. Some are calling him the worst FA signing. The fans there say that he doesn't skate, is lazy, and doesn't hit. I felt a little vindicated since I was part of the anti-Jovo camp.
Maybe Phoenix fans are beginning to realize what the anti-Jovo camp knew all along..... he has a ton of talent but his defensive brain cramps outweigh his offensive outbursts.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Considering that Jovo's one of the top paid players in the league, they have every right to finger point. I wore my finger out doing it here.

Our defense is better off without him.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
gobi
MVP
MVP

Post by gobi »

Cornuck wrote:Our defense is better off without him.
Totally agree. And I shuder to think that some people were thinking of giving Jovo the C.
yammi
CC Veteran

Post by yammi »

Lancer wrote:I loved Lumme and Murzyn
Jyrki was pretty good, but Dana Murzyn?! That guy made so many brutal mistakes while he was a Canuck that he had his own "jeering" section behind the net at the Pacific Coliseum. Not too sure what anyone would find lovable about old Dana except seeing him leave to start playing for a rival team (cf., the many Flames fans who were ectastic to see him move to Vancouver) ... and, I would argue, it was no coincidence that the Canucks played so well without Murzyn around during the '94 playoff run to the finals (even Brian Glynn, who took his spot, was a solid, error-free, upgrade on DM).
yammi
CC Veteran

Post by yammi »

Cornuck wrote:Our defense is better off without him.
Gotta disagree ... the current contingent of D-men are not better than the group we would have with Jovo in the line-up.

You must be a huge huge Rory Fitzpatrick fan to argue that he makes the Canucks better than Jovo would.

Krajicek, Bieksa, Bourdon, and Fitzpatrick are doing ok so far ... but none of them is better than Jovo.