Heart

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Harold
CC Veteran

Heart

Post by Harold »

Last year the Canucks had 3 wins, 22 losses and 1 OT loss when trailing after 2 periods.
This year, they are at 3 wins, 2 losses and 0 OT losses when trailing after 2 periods.
So that means that after only 9 games into the 06/07 season, they have equaled the amount of wins when trailing after 2 periods from last year.

This team works harder and doesn't give up. Anyone else notice quite the difference between the two teams?
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Yes I have. A different team, a different locker room. Funny how when a sulking, brooding guy leaves the team's chemistry changes.

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
kingofrockstars
MVP
MVP

Post by kingofrockstars »

This is great to watch.
sk8er
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

this is by far the biggest change of all from one year ago. This is also the very best change from last year. Last year i wanted to put my foot through the TV so damn many times when I would see players floating around out there, led by Bert. I loved him on our team but i am so glad he is gone. The change in the team is fabulous. I love watching them.
gobi
MVP
MVP

Post by gobi »

I agree with the new team attitude and I think several factors contributed to it. First was getting rid of Bert. I didn't realize how much of an influence he was until he spoke out after the trade. Second, DN wasn't afraid to make changes. The players didn't think DN had the guts to make all those changes. Third, getting AV who instilled a defensive system based on hard work (ie. backchecking, something I hardly saw last season).

All in all, it's fun watching them. If only the Canucks have more secondary scoring, this can be a really dangerous team.
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

this is by far the biggest change of all from one year ago. This is also the very best change from last year. Last year i wanted to put my foot through the TV so damn many times when I would see players floating around out there, led by Bert.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Last season was horrible to watch.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Funny how when a sulking, brooding guy leaves the team's chemistry changes.
Nolan Baumgartner?!??
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Rising Sun Canuck
CC Rookie

Post by Rising Sun Canuck »

I'm glad we are getting back to the Canucks teams of the early 2000, when we knew we weren't skilled enough and we just fought hard and willed many wins. I'll never forget that amazing strech where we dominated the 2nd half of the season.

The Nuck teams then were fast and very blue collar, but for some reason the team just got ahead of themselves, believing the hype that they were cup contenders but not willing to work for that satus.

Now with a fresh coach and new faces, I really like that effort. I don't think we're there yet, but if I few guys step up..ie. Pyatt, Kesler and Bullis with Cooke and Morrison allevating there game, I can see us watching hockey this spring.
clearwatercanuck
MVP
MVP

heart

Post by clearwatercanuck »

Canucks have come back a lot this year, and have been close in most of their games. However, it's not the greatest idea to always be coming from behind. Although it sure is exciting.
nuxfanindallas
CC Veteran

Post by nuxfanindallas »

I agree with all of the above....Vigneault and his staff deserve a bunch of credit.....

Now we need to see if they can keep it up....so far so good.....
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

The Canucks have shown more heart and effort than talent so far. And that's good. But having to play in close games 82 nights a year with a roster that has several noticeable holes in it is a tough way to make a living.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Becoming a popular quote Pratt !!! But apparently very true ....

... the Canucks look much more inspired this year than I have seen in a few years. Lets hope they keep this "team" concept together and not let any winning or star status get to anyones head.

Grizz
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Sid Dithers wrote:The Canucks have shown more heart and effort than talent so far. And that's good. But having to play in close games 82 nights a year with a roster that has several noticeable holes in it is a tough way to make a living.
I will stick to my original theory at the start of this season:

1. The Canucks have holes on their team. One bad injury (particularly to Luongo) and it could be over.
2. The Canucks are not going to dominate in the Western Conference this year.
3. If the Canucks make the playoffs (it won't be easy) and Luongo and the team is healthy, they could make it to the Stanley Cup finals. That's why Vancouver picked up Luongo. Better to have a slightly above-average team with spectacular goaltending than a firewagon team with 'stars' and mediocre to lousy goaltending.

Time will tell.

dp

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Grizzly wrote:
Becoming a popular quote Pratt !!! But apparently very true ....

... the Canucks look much more inspired this year than I have seen in a few years. Lets hope they keep this "team" concept together and not let any winning or star status get to anyones head.

Grizz
This tends to happen when a self-centered, selfish guy who refuses to understand the concept of 'team' leaves. And no, I'm not talking about Nolan Baumgartner!

dp

MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

DavidPratt_ wrote:
Sid Dithers wrote:The Canucks have shown more heart and effort than talent so far. And that's good. But having to play in close games 82 nights a year with a roster that has several noticeable holes in it is a tough way to make a living.
I will stick to my original theory at the start of this season:

1. The Canucks have holes on their team. One bad injury (particularly to Luongo) and it could be over.
2. The Canucks are not going to dominate in the Western Conference this year.
3. If the Canucks make the playoffs (it won't be easy) and Luongo and the team is healthy, they could make it to the Stanley Cup finals. That's why Vancouver picked up Luongo. Better to have a slightly above-average team with spectacular goaltending than a firewagon team with 'stars' and mediocre to lousy goaltending.

Time will tell.

dp
Can't disagree, an optimistic point, #1 & 3 are true of most teams.
Mark