GDT: Canucks vs leaves>02/08/21>4pm>SNETP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Leaves>02/08/21>4pm>SNETP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Omg.. you ain’t never seen this cowboy at a buffet!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:19 pm Omg.. you ain’t never seen this cowboy at a buffet!
You should defer to the guy who has William Conrad as his profile pic... just sayin'

;)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Nothing ever really changes with Jake! If he has any value at all; move him.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

VAN -1-1- PPG:- Elias Pettersson (5) Wrist Shot,- assists: Quinn Hughes (16),- Brock Boeser (6) -09:59 -2nd ---https://streamable.com/xocbcc

Beagle and Riley --- https://streamable.com/e92lk6

Visor cut on Hoglander --- https://streamable.com/a6k621

almosr for Bailey --- https://streamable.com/jcbo2w

Ah; It's fuck all --- https://streamable.com/1bkkwu

2nd round little squirt --- https://streamable.com/qla5s1 Ya Right :lol:

THE JAKE VIRTANEN SHIFT THAT CHANGED THE GAME! --- https://streamable.com/o5o0xx

Team---Shots---Hits---Power Play---Face offs
VAN-----32------- 31 --------1/4------ --48.9% >>>>>>better, but still weak on face offs this year.
TOR ----19------- 21---------0/2 --------51.1%
"evolution"
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Schmidt’s turnover didn’t help.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cherry Picker wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:47 pm Schmidt’s turnover didn’t help.
On the first goal? Bad bounce more like. Edler wore the goat horns on that goal.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:06 pm
On the first goal? Bad bounce more like. Edler wore the goat horns on that goal.
Eddy wasn't moving his feet much. Looks fatigued. He's had too many minutes the last while.
"evolution"
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:06 pm
Naw the shift that changed the game video above was as much Schmidt’s turnover as Jake’s attempt to clear the front of the net.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Pettersson, Hughes, Holtby and Green post game interviews; 28 min. long.
Elias Pettersson: It's really important. Those two games aren't our identity. We talked about it. We had meetings about it. How we want to play. What we need to do better to be successful. Today was much better, but we still didn't find a way to win.
It was a good game, but still not good enough.
I'm frustrated. Everyone is frustrated in the locker room. All of us want to win. I hate losing. We played a good game, but still.
It's not bouncing our way right now, but it is what it is. We just have to stay positive. Nothing good will come from being negative.
The thing we talked the most about was to work as a five man unit. Everyone together, everyone on the same page.
Quinn Hughes: We have a competitive group. Guys want to win. No one likes losing, including myself. It sucks. We have a lot of new pieces, we lost some pretty important players, and we're still figuring it out.
Braden Holtby on Toronto's 3-1 goal: Pucks get turned over. That's just part of the game. They had two guys in front. I was trying to be patient. They made a pretty quick play.
--Braden Holtby: This season is strange. You don't have a lot of time to fix things. It can snowball pretty quickly.
Travis Green: We played with a lot of urgency tonight. I don't know if we could have played any better in the first two periods. Sometimes, when it's not going your way, that can happen
I thought our urgency in our game was where it needed to be. I think the practice helped us. It was very obvious in our game after some of the things we got to work on. We made a couple of turnovers that we didn't like in the third. I thought the first two periods we didn't really make any turnovers. For the most part, our details were as good as you can be.
That was Olli's best game of the year. It's funny, when a young guy sits out and he gets a chance to just watch the game and work on things in practice, you could see him apply it tonight.
Juolevi, Bailey and Gaudette all had good games tonight.
Travis Green on Tyler Motte -- "He's going to be out for a while. He's got a lower body injury...he won't be back in the next week or so." -
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I believe they turned a corner tonight, great strides were taken. They looked calm and positionally sound except for the breakdown and were still dealing with it when the second was rammed in...

Tough loss but toilet is playing well right now...as they usually do early but ALWAYS fall apart when it matters the most. The next time they play will be a different outcome.

* Havent won a playoff round since before the moon landing

No fuckin way should Juolevi come out of the lineup. He is definitely NHL calibre right now. Imagine him with some games under his belt and you will have a decent 4-5 dman with size.
If you need air...call it in
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

theman wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:14 pm Our next 4 are against Calgary, those 4 I think will decide our season.
I think I've heard a version of that and after every loss this year.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:29 pm
No fuckin way should Juolevi come out of the lineup. He is definitely NHL calibre right now. Imagine him with some games under his belt and you will have a decent 4-5 dman with size.
Absolutely. Can only get better with reps too. Not too long from now it would be great to have two defense men under 25 in the top four.
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

5thhorseman wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:53 pm
theman wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:14 pm Our next 4 are against Calgary, those 4 I think will decide our season.
I think I've heard a version of that and after every loss this year.
You and I think quite differently in another part of this forum 5th, but those were my exact thoughts when I read theman's post. LOL.

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow.....you're only a day away.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

theman wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:19 pm Not really game day info but Taj is reporting that Elliotte said the following:
Taj
@taj1944
·
1h
Elliotte confirmed Virtanen and Gaudette are available.

Mentions he has heard rumblings about Juolevi being available as well but not sure if that's true.
None of them being available really isn't a shock, tbh.
Really? I beg to differ.
I'd be shocked if none of them were available.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

For expansion draft purposes, I don’t mind them moving one of Jake, Gaudette, Motte or MacEwen if that player brings a decent return. I’d be in no rush, because they might all see improvement with a different coach. At this point Benning’s focus should be getting a return for the UFAs. Move Sutter, Pearson, or Benn to shake up the team and acquire picks or prospects. Start giving the kids ice time over veterans. Use the taxi squad like Michaelis and Rathbone. Send down Eriksson and call up Lind, who’s started hot in Utica. Probability says this season is toast. Give the prospects some experience at the NHL level to get ready for next season and see if they might have a future. If there is going to be a miracle turn around this season, let it be done by the prospects that have a chance to still be on the team in three or four years. It’d be idiotic to trade Juolevi at this point.