Seattle Expansion/Canucks players

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Seattle Expansion/Canucks players

Post by Curmudgeon »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:31 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:12 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:36 pm Actually, that was amended in the new CBA (grandfathered in).

(or perhaps you are aware)

The new number is the lesser of the real dollars in the final year or 120% of the AAV.

Jake's QO will be $3,060,000.

Obviously if he keeps scoring at this year's pace for this season and next, no one would want to qualify him.

But if he goes back to scoring at last year's pace... or improves... it's doable.
That's likely not enough of a difference to get him qualified. Do you think it hurts his trade value?
No.

I think what hurts his trade value is the way he's played thus far this year.

We were all hoping he could build off of last season, but that hasn't happened... yet?
Last season was his high point. Unfortunately prior to the playoffs he got caught in that club, arrived at camp unprepared, took a run at a teammate at camp and got yelled at by Horvat, did squat in the playoffs, showed up this season with a top 6 spot gifted and blew that, hasn't produced or even worked decently hard, and has been a healthy scratch. In other words his value right now is the lowest it's been since he was drafted. We'll see next week, I think he's gone pretty quick after they return from the trip. Maybe even by the weekend.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:27 pm Why would Myers crush Hughes?

Your posts are making as much sense as Gomer’s lately.
Listen here Bieber snorter from PoCo, it's a saying.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

SKYO wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:12 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:41 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:15 pm
rats19 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:54 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:47 pm Lol Myers is a giant pussy
A tad overpaid but at this point I’m glad to have Myers
I don’t mind him either Ratski. He plays with a little bit of an edge and some physicality. He’s not some bad ass like SKYO is trying to portray him though. He’s overpaid but he does more good than bad. I just think if they could lose the contract to Seattle it wouldn’t be such a bad thing. I’m not devastated if they protect him, but I wouldn’t mind losing him.
I would say that Myers own contract is going to protect him. If Seattle builds it ‘Vegas style’, they are looking for skaters who will outperform their contracts. In a COVID suppressed league that will be rebuilding its income streams, Myers won’t be playing above his contract any time soon. If COVID hadn’t hit, and league revenues had continued to grow, this might not be the same. But in today’s world, it is what it is.

We need to be protecting the core and the few players we have that potentially out play their contracts.
Basically saying, myers would crush hughes.
What are you muttering about? Don’t you have some random cloud you should be shaking you fist at or something?

I like how I debate a post of yours in another thread and you go all Gomer on me and start trolling.

Smarten up. If you want to talk hockey, then talk and back up your opinions. If your just gonna troll, stay in your thread.

Your supposed to be an adult, ffs.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:12 am
I don’t mind him either Ratski. He plays with a little bit of an edge and some physicality. He’s not some bad ass like SKYO is trying to portray him though. He’s overpaid but he does more good than bad. I just think if they could lose the contract to Seattle it wouldn’t be such a bad thing. I’m not devastated if they protect him, but I wouldn’t mind losing him.
I would say that Myers own contract is going to protect him. If Seattle builds it ‘Vegas style’, they are looking for skaters who will outperform their contracts. In a COVID suppressed league that will be rebuilding its income streams, Myers won’t be playing above his contract any time soon. If COVID hadn’t hit, and league revenues had continued to grow, this might not be the same. But in today’s world, it is what it is.

We need to be protecting the core and the few players we have that potentially out play their contracts.
What are you muttering about? Don’t you have some random cloud you should be shaking you fist at or something?

I like how I debate a post of yours in another thread and you go all Gomer on me and start trolling.

Smarten up. If you want to talk hockey, then talk and back up your opinions. If your just gonna troll, stay in your thread.

I got to you then.

lol
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

SKYO wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:17 am

I got to you then.

lol
Lol. Uh, no.

But if you want to go down this path again, I am more than happy to oblige.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

If you want to talk hockey, then talk and back up your opinions. If you're just gonna troll, stay in your thread.
Maybe this could become the board standard? Mods ?
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:20 pm
If you want to talk hockey, then talk and back up your opinions. If you're just gonna troll, stay in your thread.
That would be pleasant.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:26 pm
That would be pleasant.
C'mon MCP, as much as I enjoy your hockey posts, some of your rants are my favourites! :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Cornuck wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:34 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:26 pm
That would be pleasant.
C'mon MCP, as much as I enjoy your hockey posts, some of your rants are my favourites! :D
Lol. Not opposed to someone having a good rant, but the drivel could be a bit less. 😉

Heck, a good rant can sometimes start a good conversation!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Madcombinepilot has roasted a few gomers in his day...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:54 pm Madcombinepilot has roasted a few [posters] in his day...
Ah, the discipline never ends, :whistle:
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

It's all in good fun Mick. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:49 pm It's all in good fun Mick. :D
8-)
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Micky wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:42 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:54 pm Madcombinepilot has roasted a few [posters] in his day...
Ah, the discipline never ends, :whistle:
Agreed. If you would all just stay onside, these little moments would not have to happen.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:00 pm
But if you want to go down this path again, I am more than happy to oblige.
Lets ride.