GDT: Van vs TOR Feb 6, 4:00PM (CBC/SNET)

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: Van vs TOR Feb 6, 4:00PM (CBC/SNET)

Post by theman »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:00 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:57 pm
theman wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:52 pm Has Green been fired yet?
Has Elmer been fired yet?

Fuck some posters here will have to go in Witness Protection if he gets clipped
Let him run one more draft table first
I agree actually, just make him hire a new assistant GM who has to handle free agency.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:14 pm Doc will be on suicide watch if Benning and Trump get smoked in the same year. How will he troll?
He'll say the firing was rigged and it's mathematically impossible that Benning was canned ;)
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

VAN -1-5- PPG: Brock Boeser (9) Tip-In, assists:- Quinn Hughes (15),- Elias Pettersson (6)- 17:56- 3rd--- https://streamable.com/6zqo14

-

Motte injury --- https://streamable.com/brnqzg

Miller with a / never mind --- https://streamable.com/ic07wz

What the hell is going on --- https://streamable.com/ybatxi --and on --- https://streamable.com/6b4dkv

Team-- Shots-- Hits-- Power Play-- Face offs
VAN -----28 -----25 ------1/4 ----------44.6%
TOR -----31 -----16 ------1/4 ----------55.4%

Last edited by Mickey107 on Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

5thhorseman wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:04 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:14 pm Doc will be on suicide watch if Benning and Trump get smoked in the same year. How will he troll?
He'll say the firing was rigged and it's mathematically impossible that Benning was canned ;)
It might be nice if he got back to actually talking hockey instead of trolling the fuck out of the place.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Tick tock, tick tock somebody’s getting fired.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:29 pm Tick tock, tick tock somebody’s getting fired.
You might be right. Just listened to Green. Couldn't even complete the post game. All choked up.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:29 pm Tick tock, tick tock somebody’s getting fired.
How would you be if it was Elmer that got gassed? Would you be ok?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I’ve never cheered for the Canucks to lose. Can’t do it. But next game.

Go leaves go!
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Micky wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:34 pm
You might be right. Just listened to Green. Couldn't even complete the post game. All choked up.

Holtby sounded quite pissed
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Man, just tough to watch. More often than not, it has been men vs boyz and we have been the later. Our team looks like a team full of minor leaguers, almost like the days when our roster was filled with guys like Megna, Chaput, Skille, Bartkowski, etc. U know Greener is desperate when he inserts Eriksson & Bailey into the lineup. It seems like Greener is pretty much out of ideas.

Juice and Burkie are right, it's disappointing to see that we have no push back, no emotion. Our guys just folded like a cheap tent, gave up early, are fun to play against for opposing teams, too many graceful losers, no one stepping up to show that they are pissed and will not take this without a fight. Man, can't believe just a few months ago, we knocked off the Stanley Cup champ Blues and came back with a gutsy effort to take Vegas to 7. I know we lost some good players, but we have no resemblance to that team.

Holtby's reaction said it all.
Micky wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:18 pm What the heel is going on --- https://streamable.com/ybatxi --and on --- https://streamable.com/6b4dkv
If JB and ownership still want to make the playoffs, it's prob time for a coaching change. The team looks lost, have lost all confidence and is waiting for something to happen.

On a different note, Simmonds looks like he still has some gas in the tank. Maybe we should have got him instead of Toffoli last TDD, only a 5th rounder. Ppl wouldn't be so uptight about losing 2 good assets for a rental and Simmonds won't haunt us on the scoreboard like Toffoli (not yet anyways). :(
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Wow! the boards going full diaper mode!!
Let's examine the logic here shall we?
FIRE BENNING- you wanna fire the guy who drafted Boesser, Petey & Hughes? Sure he's signed some bad UFA contracts, but the quality of the team he took over required over-payment in $ & term to get these guys to sign here( a fact that we're all aware of). Eriksson was a flat out colossal mistake,Baertschi & Ferland LTIR'd, but the rest have served their purpose and their contracts are expiring relatively soon.
FIRE GREEN - Green is not the problem, the players are in a funk & as pros need to work through it. If Green was fired he'd be hired by someone else in a heartbeat
Why the fuck would the Aquilinis be motivated to spend money on buying out a gm or coach this season? There's no season ticket holders to impress,
no ticket sales to try & bolster & money is tight.
EVERYONE knew going into this season that the team is in a holding pattern until some of these stale contracts come off the books.
This North division is alot tougher than the Pacific.
Silver lining- the players will fight through this and start winning again, and having to do it in a stronger division might pay off in the long run.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

To ease your burden I offer up some of the Canuck’s traditional music.
Let’s get back to our roots, shall we.
He’ll darkness my old friend.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Tyler Myers post game link
Tyler Myers: Each game is a new game. We were feeling good last week, but that's the league. The league is so close, going into each game, it's never given to you. Right now, we're in a tough stretch.
Guys are competing. We've just got to get a little more connected in our system. It definitely makes it tough. I think any team would say that. Getting behind in a game, you don't like to be chasing every game like that.
---Tyler Myers on the goals against: It's too many. I think for us, we're just spending too much time in our own end. If you spend as much time in your own zone as we are, teams are going to score goals against us.
--- Tyler Myers: It's a mindset. There's no point on dwelling on anything going wrong right now. A lot can change in a hockey season. We have to have our minds right, and we can't feel down
It's not far off. You can tell in the room, going into a game, that guys have the right mindset.
Bo Horvat post-game link
Bo Horvat: It's not fun watching it on the bench. The frustrating part is it's not for a lack of effort or not working hard. I don't know, if I had the answers, we wouldn't be giving up so many goals.
I think we've got a lot of guys that have played some pretty important hockey and have gone a long way in the playoffs. We have to find it within our group. No one is going to feel sorry for us.
Our season is not over by any means. There's still a lot of hockey left to be played.
I don't think we should be rebuilding at all, and I don't think we are rebuilding. I definitely don't want to go through that again.
Braden Holtby post game link
Braden Holtby: We need to expect a little more out of ourselves. I can't speak for last year, but I can speak to losing in the second round before, and it's not a satisfied feeling. We need to get over that....
Braden Holtby: What was said on the ice will stay on the
--Braden Holtby: It's tough. Something I've never been through in my career, so it's very frustrating.
Travis Green post game link
Green: What went wrong? That's pretty broad question. Didn't get the start we wanted obviously. Took a couple minors... Down 2-0 it feels like almost before it started and we couldn't climb back into it.
Green: Everything looks difficult for our team. Simple plays look hard. Simple passes look hard. Even simple shots. It's not coming easy. Maybe that is a bit of a mental thing... When you're winning, everything seems to flow easy. Right now things look difficult
They got a quick team. They're a good team. They deserved to win tonight. They played better than we did.
Green: JT Miller is a good hockey player. He shows a little frustration once in a while, that's the competitive nature in him.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

dangler wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:21 pm Wow! the boards going full diaper mode!!
Let's examine the logic here shall we?
FIRE BENNING- you wanna fire the guy who drafted Boesser, Petey & Hughes? Sure he's signed some bad UFA contracts, but the quality of the team he took over required over-payment in $ & term to get these guys to sign here( a fact that we're all aware of). Eriksson was a flat out colossal mistake,Baertschi & Ferland LTIR'd, but the rest have served their purpose and their contracts are expiring relatively soon.
FIRE GREEN - Green is not the problem, the players are in a funk & as pros need to work through it. If Green was fired he'd be hired by someone else in a heartbeat
Why the fuck would the Aquilinis be motivated to spend money on buying out a gm or coach this season? There's no season ticket holders to impress,
EVERYONE knew going into this season that the team is in a holding pattern until some of these stale contracts come off the books.
This North division is alot tougher than the Pacific.
Silver lining- the players will fight through this and start winning again, and having to do it in a stronger division might pay off in the long run.
Dangler is right. Benning and Green have done a wicked job. The players too 8-)
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

dangler wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:21 pm
You are exactly correct. Aint no one getting hired right now unless someone quits and forfeits their monies left. I suppose an internal shake-up could happen but when there's no gate, we cannot expect big non skater team overhauls. Steamer could coach or be an assssssssistant to scream in the younger Green's ear. I think we deserve our entertainment, MM?
"evolution"