Canucks @ Oilers. 7pm SN SN1

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks @ Oilers. 7pm SN SN1

Post by 5thhorseman »

Finally something else to talk about!
Topper wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:19 am With Miller, who plays pk, out, Loui in was obvious.
Is Louise in? Micky, what's going on?

Is Travis going to roll 4 lines and 3 pairings this year to limit injuries? Interested to see how much ice-time Juolevi gets.

Hoglander will be interesting to watch as well. Hopefully he's quick on the forecheck but doesn't get out of position chasing hits to impress.

Regular season will be interesting for sure, but at the expense of the first two rounds of the playoffs.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

5thhorseman wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:47 am Finally something else to talk about!
Topper wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:19 am With Miller, who plays pk, out, Loui in was obvious.
Is Louise in? Micky, what's going on?

Is Travis going to roll 4 lines and 3 pairings this year to limit injuries? Interested to see how much ice-time Juolevi gets.

Hoglander will be interesting to watch as well. Hopefully he's quick on the forecheck but doesn't get out of position chasing hits to impress.

Regular season will be interesting for sure, but at the expense of the first two rounds of the playoffs.
Yes, loui is in, somebody already posted the link to cdc lineup
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Canucks lose and there is a riot in Vancouver and HF has 1000 new posts why JB sucks.

Goaltending and D are probably the 2 groups that will be the ones off to a slower start because there was no preseason games. Because of this and the fact the Nucks D and G are better I see a win by the Nucks. Even with the fire power Edmonton has in their top line they can only be on the ice for so long, look to the Edmonton D getting hemmed in their own end a lot.
Raging Fury
MVP
MVP

Post by Raging Fury »

Seeing shiny new toys in action is nice, but I'm excited to see Brock rebound from a subpar season last year.

By all counts he had a good camp, spring in his step and his shot looks to be coming back. 20 goals in this shortened season should be attainable for him.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Hoping for low scoring evidence of tight defence and solid goaltending. I think the Canucks can run and gun with the Oilers, but the Oilers won’t be able to compete in a tight defensive game. I want the team to take to heart Brock’s call to defensive arms. Canucks should trap. Make the game as boring as Jacques Lemaire 90s Minnesota. Use Rat Power to make this game a Rat Trap.
Shockingly this will be a 3-1 win for the Canucks. Hoglander with the hat trick. Toronto media implodes.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Keep it even-strength and I think we have an advantage. Giving their PP too many opportunities is asking for trouble.

I'm looking at you Mysie...
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

First Canuck player from the new millennium to play an NHL game, Nils Hoglander. :wow:
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Miller doesn’t pk much. Should not be difficult to replace his 20 or 30 seconds a game.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Louie is like a a bad rash.,Just won’t go away. At this stage of his career, Louie Anderson is likely an equal player. I guess the only thing we can take solace in is that there are worse contracts in Bobrovski, Lucic and Skinner.

Louie is a joke
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:57 pm
Miller doesn’t pk much. Should not be difficult to replace his 20 or 30 seconds a game.
He saw 41 minutes of pk time and 2 pk assists last season. Maybe you need to watch more games.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topper wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:21 pm
He saw 41 minutes of pk time and 2 pk assists last season. Maybe you need to watch more games.
:lol:
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:04 pm Louie is like a a bad rash.,Just won’t go away. At this stage of his career, Louie Anderson is likely an equal player. I guess the only thing we can take solace in is that there are worse contracts in Bobrovski, Lucic and Skinner.

Louie is a joke
Someone on twitter said he's like an Alabama tick aha.

And woohoo Hoglander and Juolevi! hey rookieeesss.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Just win baby, with no injuries.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

rats19 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:32 am Well kids, here we go....... :thumbs:

Maybe micky can add some pertinent info

4-3 nucks
Thanks Rats !

This is probably the most exciting start to a season ever.

The Canucks V The hated universe

Fuck ROC
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:21 pm
He got 36 seconds of pk time last season you drunken fuck. Watch more games.