CC Random thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: CC Random thread

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:29 am Who reads the tyee? Nothing more than the ndp ministry of propaganda.
I don't but there was a reference to beers so I went there.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

2Fingers wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:27 pm
Topper wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:29 am Who reads the tyee? Nothing more than the ndp ministry of propaganda.
Doesnt that make you Justins (in)cider?
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:03 pm
2Fingers wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:27 pm
Doesnt that make you Justins (in)cider?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Look close and you can see Tanev's teeth.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Cornuck wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:17 am
Every time i see that i like more than before. I love how they cut him off with the whole "you live in a desert" bit. Pussies
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I had the Joho witnesses come to the door during the africa famine relief flavour of the month days and start their spiel with "Don't you think it is wonderful what man is doing for its fellow mankind with the famine relief being sent to africa."

I looked them square in the eye and said, " no, it is simply a bandaid solution. Clearly the land can not support the population and people need to die to get it to a level where the land can support the population. Sending food is not sustainable and only prolongs the agony."

They quickly said, "it is so nice to meet someone with a point of view" and turned an left.

A month later I saw them going door to door again and as they got to my place they crossed the street.

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by Chef Boi RD »

“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:56 am I had the Joho witnesses come to the door during the africa famine relief flavour of the month days and start their spiel with "Don't you think it is wonderful what man is doing for its fellow mankind with the famine relief being sent to africa."

I looked them square in the eye and said, " no, it is simply a bandaid solution. Clearly the land can not support the population and people need to die to get it to a level where the land can support the population. Sending food is not sustainable and only prolongs the agony."

They quickly said, "it is so nice to meet someone with a point of view" and turned an left.

A month later I saw them going door to door again and as they got to my place they crossed the street.
And what you said is true.

I am glad we do not get a lot of those people around anymore.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:56 am I had the Joho witnesses come to the door during the africa famine relief flavour of the month days and start their spiel with "Don't you think it is wonderful what man is doing for its fellow mankind with the famine relief being sent to africa."

Africa as a continent has very low population density though.

The main cause of African famines is war. War often prevents harvesting, and when it leads to people fleeing their homes, the whole agricultural process gets wrecked.

This in combination with ineffective practices and poverty.

But you’re right that sending food is a bandaid solution and worse than that; it tends to make the long term situation worse.

Most African farmers are small scale subsistence farmers. They have a small plot that feeds their family and gives a little surplus that they can sell at the market in a nearby city.

But when the city folks get food for free, they buy less at the farmers’ market, which leads to more and more farmers giving up and moving to the city slums. And so the country produces less and less food and gets increasingly dependent on foreign aid.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://www.livescience.com/first-dinos ... found.html
1st preserved dinosaur butthole is 'perfect' and 'unique,' paleontologist says

This was a multipurpose hole.

The first dinosaur butthole ever discovered is shedding light where the sun don't shine.

The dinosaur's derrière is so well preserved, researchers could see the remnants of two small bulges by its "back door," which might have housed musky scent glands that the reptile possibly used during courtship

I wonder if poking and probing its asshole 100 million years after its death (theoretically) has this dinosaur rolling over in its grave.
____
Try to focus on someday.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 91660.html

West Virginia mother kills her five children and herself before setting house on fire

Hmmmm, how does that work? :hmmm:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:44 pm 100 million years after its death (theoretically)
:lol:

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:27 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:44 pm 100 million years after its death (theoretically)
:lol:

That's hilarious Wiz, but so to is the idea a creature's butthole could survive 100 million years in the wild.

"in perfect condition"

I say that thing died a week ago Tuesday.

Something's rotten in China...
____
Try to focus on someday.