Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Mickey107 »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:11 pm Hell, I even watched the Comets games the past two years.

All of them, and every Canucks game as well. :D
Utica actually plays better music. This is sad! Bet you'd like a shot at the gig in Van, amirite? In a different reality, wouldn't mind it myself.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:11 pm Hell, I even watched the Comets games the past two years.

Another die hard. I love the Canucks. Always have, always will. I’ve been a fan since the mid 70’s when I learned how to skate and play. That said I’ve found myself watching a smaller percentage of games on a couple different occasions. Though the mid 80s when I was a teenager with better shit to do and they were a garbage fire under Watt and Laforge etc. I watched them a lot in the late 90s even though they sucked because tickets were cheap and that team it everything and beat the shit out of teams.

At one time: Brashear, Odjick, McAllister, May, Strudwick, Walker, Ciccone, Huscroft, McCabe, Scatchard, Staois. It was always a goon show.

The WCE was a great era to watch. Even the AV early years were decent because we had the games top goalie. It got bad after Wiwie’s first year. There were no prospects other than Bo and the team just stunk. Like the hooker leaving the Chefs house on a Monday morning of a long weekend. It was.... watch when you can and catch up on PVR later when they were getting bootfucked.

I think it’s funny the old goats bring up ‘he never watches’ usually after they have been dunked on. As I said nobody sat through all that shit from 15/16- to 17/18 and watched every minute of every game.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The last two Willie years and the first year of Travis is some of the worst hockey in franchise history. I was probably not much more than half the games, 60 % at bets
http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 43#p408243

Half is 41 games, 60% is 49 games

You are confused
Watching those clowns play 50 + games a year was more than enough of a sample size to see how lousy they were
http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 50#p408250

So now you are over half and over 60%.

The goalposts are moving.
51/82 is 62%.
http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 62#p408262

and the goalposts shift ever more
I’m pretty sure the number is somewhere in to 60’s to 70’s percentile even in the horrible years
http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 68#p408268

So you watched more hockey than 30% to 40% of us. You did watch a lot and have been lying all along.

Those goalposts must have passports.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

We are all Canucks (fans)

Otherwise none of us would hang out on these GD hockey forums for over 20 years.

As bad as many of our teams were over its 50 year history, I refuse to leave the bandwagon.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:42 pm
The last two Willie years and the first year of Travis is some of the worst hockey in franchise history. I was probably not much more than half the games, 60 % at bets
http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 43#p408243

Half is 41 games, 60% is 49 games

You are confused
Watching those clowns play 50 + games a year was more than enough of a sample size to see how lousy they were
http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 50#p408250

So now you are over half and over 60%.

The goalposts are moving.
51/82 is 62%.
http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 62#p408262

and the goalposts shift ever more
I’m pretty sure the number is somewhere in to 60’s to 70’s percentile even in the horrible years
http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 68#p408268

So you watched more hockey than 30% to 40% of us. You did watch a lot and have been lying all along.

Those goalposts must have passports.
We still haven’t heard how many games the grubby coal miner watches up in Greenweird when the rabbit ears fall off the set. He likes to use terms like ‘goalposts’ and spins the thread in a knot like his mentor but no concrete numbers from him yet. For all the attacks on how much or little I watch or don’t watch, one would hope he knows the exact amount of games he watches. But there is that Dementia issue and all the dust he breathes in on a daily basis. Probably leaning on his shovel all covered in black shit, hunched forward scratching his hard hat wondering what to do. :mex:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:05 pm We still haven’t heard how many games the grubby coal miner watches up in Greenweird when the rabbit ears fall off the set. He likes to use terms like ‘goalposts’ and spins the thread in a knot like his mentor but no concrete numbers from him yet. For all the attacks on how much or little I watch or don’t watch, one would hope he knows the exact amount of games he watches. But there is that Dementia issue and all the dust he breathes in on a daily basis. Probably leaning on his shovel all covered in black shit, hunched forward scratching his hard hat wondering what to do. :mex:
The question remains the number of games YOU have been watching.

Stick to the point.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I already answered. Get your wife to show you the paper you usually scratch on :mex:
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Micky wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:24 pm

Utica actually plays better music. This is sad! Bet you'd like a shot at the gig in Van, amirite? In a different reality, wouldn't mind it myself.
It'd be fun for sure :D

And yes, Utica has much better music.
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:25 pm

Another die hard. I love the Canucks. Always have, always will. I’ve been a fan since the mid 70’s when I learned how to skate and play. That said I’ve found myself watching a smaller percentage of games on a couple different occasions. Though the mid 80s when I was a teenager with better shit to do and they were a garbage fire under Watt and Laforge etc. I watched them a lot in the late 90s even though they sucked because tickets were cheap and that team it everything and beat the shit out of teams.

At one time: Brashear, Odjick, McAllister, May, Strudwick, Walker, Ciccone, Huscroft, McCabe, Scatchard, Staois. It was always a goon show.

The WCE was a great era to watch. Even the AV early years were decent because we had the games top goalie. It got bad after Wiwie’s first year. There were no prospects other than Bo and the team just stunk. Like the hooker leaving the Chefs house on a Monday morning of a long weekend. It was.... watch when you can and catch up on PVR later when they were getting bootfucked.

I think it’s funny the old goats bring up ‘he never watches’ usually after they have been dunked on. As I said nobody sat through all that shit from 15/16- to 17/18 and watched every minute of every game.
The eighties just prior to the Arthur Griffiths/Pat Quinn takeover were the bottom of the pond. Those were tank years for me, I'd be in the tank by November.

GM Jack Gordon, Muckler's Dirty Dozen down on the farm. The Canucks were cruel punishment back then :lol:
el rey del mambo
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:19 am The previous year around 80% with the arrival of Petey. The last two Willie years and the first year of Travis is some of the worst hockey in franchise history. I was probably not much more than half the games, 60 % at best. Then just watch the highlights or if they were playing a fun team to watch.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Look who’s here Punchinella! Punchinella! Look who’s here Punchinella from the zoo! :mrgreen: :mex:
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:29 pm I already answered. Get your wife to show you the paper you usually scratch on :mex:
Can you two just touch bums and get on with it.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Carl Yagro wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:46 pm We are all Canucks (fans)

Otherwise none of us would hang out on these GD hockey forums for over 20 years.

As bad as many of our teams were over its 50 year history, I refuse to leave the bandwagon.
Not all of us :lol:
I just like this group of posters better than the ones on my teams boards.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

BCExpat wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:49 pm
Carl Yagro wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:46 pm We are all Canucks (fans)

Not all of us :lol:
I just like this group of posters better than the ones on my teams boards.
At the end of the day there are some entertaining one on one or one on four skirmishes on here. I know some folks hate it, but others they eat the shit up. I’m just defending myself. :mex:

It’s a good mix of meat puppets here. Some of us are armed with Jack knives, others with machetes and guns.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:50 pm It’s a good mix of meat puppets here. Some of us are armed with Jack knives, others with machetes and guns.
Gomer hit someone with a pillow once.
____
Try to focus on someday.